“Done with a total makeover” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1313 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Tempe, AZ
“Done with a total makeover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the years on my trips to MN, and this hotel has been in various stages of remodeling. It is finally complete and is a really nice job and excellent property now. The lobby area has been opened and lightened up, a very inviting place compare to the past. The staff seeming has also had an upgrade, extremely helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Of course upper floors are quieter, I would avoid the east facing rooms as there is rooftop HVAC equ...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at your hotel this past June,  and I just have to commend your hotel and staff. I travel almost every month on business and come to Minnesota 3 times a year,  and this is the first time I've stayed at a place where a hotel exceeded my expectations. Your hotel itself is beautiful,  but I have to commend your staff.  From the moment I stepped in to the moment I checked out, your staff made my stay not only welcoming but they are the most professional individuals who seem to really enjoy what they do, and understand that customer service is number one.  In particular,  your front desk Anita. All the special request I made during my stay,  she made sure I was accomadated, and if there was a particular request I made that couldn't be granted,  she made sure to offer adequate alternatives.  She went above and beyond,  and I have to say she is truly an asset to you. More hotels would fair well to have someone such as her on their staff.  Thank you again for a fabulous stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Alexandria,
Thank you so much for your kind review!

I am very fortunate to have the team of hospitality professionals that I do. They truly enjoy what they do! We are thrilled to have Anita on our team. She is new and we are looking forward to great things from her and her leadership!

Enjoy the summer!

Regards,
Katie Neufeld
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend. Nice and clean rooms, fairly standard and decent by my standards. When arriving, their parking lot was full and needed to park at the hotel's lot across the street. While it was easily dealt with, they have no valet parking and I feel like guests should be priority for parking, rather than guests.
The only other gripe that I had was the mini fridge was empty. I'm actually one of the few people that likes to take advantage of a stocked fridge in the room. Having an empty fridge was just a tease.
Other than those two issues, everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I was given a disabled room and was amazed to discover that it had been designed with no wardrobe or hanging area whatsoever ..... Could not believe it. I was there for a convention and had to get spare hangers and use pictures and the ironing board and makeshift rails. Also WiFi covering poor in rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for your response on TripAdvisor. You're absolutely right about the lack of a closet in our accessible guestrooms. As you may know, we are just wrapping up a $22 million renovation of the hotel. Within the scope of that project, we increased the number of ADA required guestrooms. With the increased space required for the bathrooms, we unfortunately had to remove the closets. We are currently working with our design team to add the closet option back into these rooms.

I realize that this explanantion is certainly not offering a solution for you at this point. I would love to have an opportunity to speak with you directly. Please feel free to contact me directly at 612.359.2224.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Katie Neufeld
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just returned from staying at the Millennium in Minneapolis for 5 days. The entire stay was phenomenal. The staff from the time I checked in until I checked out were very helpful and worked to make my stay very enjoyable.

The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The room service was extremely good. The hotel is located within a couple of blocks from the best restaurants in Minneapolis. It was nice to be able to walk to Target and to the Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins to catch a game.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Orange, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium for a business trip and had no complaints during my stay. The hotel has a nice lobby with free wireless internet. The room was very clean and the staff were all friendly. Good location with some good restaurants in walking distance. The hotel is very close to the convention center with a sky walk that takes about 5 minutes to walk there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Heather 516,
Thank you so much for your great review! We are very excited about our "new" hotel. We continue to get outstanding feedback from our guests about the comfort of our beds and design and amenities in our guest rooms.

One of the highlights of our $22 million transformation, is our staff. We retained our seasoned and guest focused team of associates. They are also thrilled with the new product and can't wait to welcome you back to Minneapolis and the Millennium Hotel.
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

You just can't beat the location. You are literally right within walking distance of restaurants and stadiums downtown. The price was reasonable, as we were able to find our rates for $100 a night. The staff seemed nice but we really didn't need any assistance for anything during our one night stay. I love the lobby and the bar as a solid spot to grab a nightcap before bed (open until 1 am on the weekend). The room was very nice with the familiar upgraded amenities like a flat screen tv and iPod dock. I loved the reading light attached to the headboard! I stayed with friends this trip for our annual baseball weekend but I would definitely consider this hotel again for a weekend getaway with the wife.

• Stayed June 2013
RobertRivers, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Past Guest,

We appreciate your online review of our newly renovated Minneapolis hotel from your recent baseball excursion.

This hotels' $22 million dollar investment was planned by Minneapolis based firm, RSP, and their goal was to create a residential quality room and we believe it was a home run. Simple touches like the reading lamps is an example of the time dedicated to this commitment.

We look forward to your return visit and please e-mail myself directly if I can be of assistance.

Robert Rivers
Regional General Manager
rrivers@mill-usa.com

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!