“An Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Southern Minnesota
“An Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've enjoyed stays at this Residence Inn a number of times over the years, but this time was especially nice. The staff were all very nice and friendly and even went out of their way to find more hot chocolate when it was all out in the beverage area. Then they even made it extra special for our grandkids and they were thrilled! It is staff like this that makes a hospitality company great and the management of this hotel are very fortunate. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. And is always nice to have extra space and a kitchen area. It was also very convenient to take in the Macy's show and the Holidazzle Village. Breakfast was very good with plentiful choices for everyone.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
RITeam, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
This makes me smile. I love knowing that what we do makes all the difference for you during your stay. Our staff takes pride in helping our guests and they will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Leah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while going to a concert out of town and had a wonderful experience. The staff was extremely attentive and courtious to my needs. I was able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning and was pleasently surprised by the selection that was offered. The two gentlemen at the desk were extremely friendly and talked and joked around with me making me feel like I was at home. I will definately stay at this hotel the next time I am in Minneapolis!

Room Tip: If you're a gold or platinum Marriott Rewards customer you can upgrade your internet speed for F...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
RITeam, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Sounds like you had a great time, and the staff provided you with the kind of service expected at a Marriott. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the excellent hot breakfast selection; it makes staying at a hotel that much better, right? I am excited to share your positive feedback with our staff; the guys will love it. We look forward to your next visit the next time you're in town!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night to stay out late at a party. The room size was perfect, and my friend crashed on the sofa bed. I was able to adjust to a cool temperature which is sometimes difficult to do once the seasons change. The only downside was an awkward placement of the tv which was only ideal for somebody sitting in the kitchen. It could not be turned far enough for full viewing. If I had to stay in town to work this would be a really good place to stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the TV placement was awkward. If you should find yourself back in Minneapolis at our property make sure to let the front desk know of things like this as not all rooms have the same layout. We are however glad to hear that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and fit your needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

Staying downtime with a good standard and with a descent price ? This hotel with its little suites is the perfect solution for this equation... Even more with its friendly staff, cheap overnight parking, free breakfast and Internet and perfect location where everything is within walking distance.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you return!

texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I come to Minneapolis regularly and usually stay elsewhere for location purposes. I found this hotel to be an excellent business hotel. My room was large, new fixtures, super clean and very very comfortable. Staff was great as they fed-exed me stuff I left in my room by accident (Thanks Morgan and Derrin).

My only knock that would keep me from coming back is that the gym is woefully small for hotel of this size. There were only four machines and they did not all have tv or sound--that's it. There is a weight rack shoved in the corner but only one person can use the weights at a time. As someone who is on the road a lot, I count on my hotel workouts to help keep me fit and sane. This room was really dissapointing and took some of the luster off my stay.

Given how nice the hotel is otherwise, Managment should commandeer a bigger room for the gym amd upgrade the equipment and space. Honestly, this gym is the equivalent of a best western and not worthy of the Marriott brand. I probably wont stay again unless I have to (no other rooms elsewhere) or until the gym is upgraded.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RITeam, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
I am happy to hear that the staff was able to assist with shipping your items back to you. We are also glad that most things during your stay were enjoyable. I am really sorry that the fitness room was not up to your expectations. We know it is small, and it is pretty basic so as a way to provide a better fitness experience for those who want it, we provide each room with one complimentary pass per day to the YMCA. They have longer hours and of course a lot more variety. They are located just across the street and are easily accessible through the skyway system. Please let the hotel know if you have any questions regarding this. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback, and I hope based on the information I just provided you with, that we will see you again on your next trip to Minneapolis!

Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

my last review did not go through and I couldn't get it deleted as the trip advisor app kept shutting down... So I need to resubmit to be fair to the hotel. We stayed here for a local wedding and found the. Hotel to be nice, clean and comfortable- nice staff and nice breakfast. Good location for walking and right across fron Macy's.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
RITeam, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Thank you! We work hard to make sure our guests have wonderful experiences at our property. We are glad that we were able to be a part of such a great event and hope everyone enjoyed staying here. Looking forward to seeing you again should you find yourself back in Minneapolis.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

Let me just say, I hate travelling for business. However, it's a necessary evil. This one hotel has changed my outlook of business travel forever.

I got in late to a new town that I was totally unfamiliar with. One way streets, road construction, and parking garages were everywhere. Being a Florida boy, parking garages are fairly rare here, and driving a brand new (it had 122 miles on it) rental SUV did not help my comfort factor at all. In all parking garages, the ramps are tiny and the spots are WAY too close together. That's not the hotel's issue, but visitors should be aware.

Once I got inside the hotel, things were totally under control. They checked me in with record speed and a smile, and my card key gave me access to the elevators, the laundry\vending room, and the lobby doors that are secured for your protection. Security was VERY good. There is a small market in the lobby that's open 24x7 for drinks and snacks. Very handy when you get in too late to make a trip to the store.

My room was large, comfortable, and spotless. The climate control system made the room comfortably cool in a matter of minutes, and the bathroom was brightly lit and sparkling clean. The towels were crisp and smelled like my mom just washed them. Yeahhhh....

Something else that made my stay special - I could actually open the window next to my bed and let in the cool night air. I was really looking forward to the cool Minnesota night air, and I was so pleased to be able to enjoy it from my room.

Power outlets in each of the bedside light fixtures made it super convenient to change my phone and my tablet within easy reach. Drawer space was sufficient for a single person, but if there were 2 or more guests, it could easily become a challenge to find enough storage.

The bed was incredibly comfortable, but what's up with the postage stamp sized pillows? I miss the BIG, fluffy ones, but I was able to arrange the five little ones into a comfy place. The large LCD TV was on a swivel, so I could easily watch it either from the kitchen or the bed. The selection of channels was adequate, and comparable to most places I've stayed.

The desk had an excellent light on it, and there was a desktop outlet to plugin my laptop. No crawling to plug in device chargers makes me very happy, and also means I'm less likely to forget them at checkout time.

Basic (free) wireless internet was easy to connect to from all my devices, and was adequate for email and web browsing. There is also an extra cost internet option that offers additional speed for $9.99 a day, but I did not make use of it.

A quick stop at the front desk, and I had a recommendation for dinner and a 20% discount coupon in my hand. The place was right across the street, and the food was excellent.

The free breakfast in the morning was more than sufficient to get my day started, with plenty of choices of both food and drink. I could have even had a fresh waffle if I was willing to pour the mix in the waffle iron. Tasty, fresh, and free - what more could you ask for?

Do yourself a favor if you stay here and purchase the room rate with the parking package. It simplifies the parking process in a huge way.

If I had to have one complaint, it would be the built-in icemaker in the refrigerator\freezer. It took 3 days to fill up the tiny Ice cube tray and when it dumped the cube into the tray, it sounded like someone was knocking on the door. When I mentioned it to the front desk, they were more than happy to send me up a huge bag of ice.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel or its staff. Everyone was pleasant and professional at all times. This is exactly what business travel should be like, and for me, will become the standard by which others are judged. Bravo!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such wonderful and detailed feedback! I appreciate you touching on multiple topics throughout the hotel. I look forward to sharing this review with our staff and I will be posting it up in the back office as a reminder of why we are in the industry that we are in. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was full of positive experiences. I must say the comment about the towels being crisp and smelling like your mom just washed them was one of the best lines in your review! Props to housekeeping for making that possible. : )

We are very sorry about the slow ice maker in your freezer. Glad our staff was able to provide you with ice while you were waiting on your ice maker to produce more. Thankfully we are in the beginning stages of renovations that we hope will take place in the first quarter of 2015 and with that will come new refrigerator and freezers which should eliminate that issue.

We hope travel brings you back our way so that we can try to top this experience with an even better one. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property!

Leah

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!