“Caution...noise level” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Caution...noise level”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Caution...noise
Room was just fine, all you expect from one of the suite hotels. However this one has thin hallway doors and seems to be party central especially if the Twins are playing. The desk staff was very helpful and prompt at shutting down the hall parties, they have a one warning system so I believe it is an on going problem. However you sure cant beat this location. We loved being so near to all the restaurants and shops on Nicolette Mall. But if noisy neighbors is not your thing, beware. The concierge, Darrin is a great resource for dining recommendations, and a nice guy all around.

• Stayed June 2013
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed our location, we are lucky to be within walking distance to so many great venues. I will be sure to thank Darrin for giving you great service as well; he is a great part of our team.
I am sorry that your stay was interrupted by noise from the other guests. Unfortunately the specific weekend you stayed with us was somewhat of an anomaly - there was the 2nd largest Pridefest in the nation happening a few blocks away, a Twins game, and a Tom Petty concert. Please know we strive to keep our guests feeling as comfortable as possible, and if there is anything else we can do upon your next stay please let us know. We would love to have you back!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 10+ times in the last 5 years. Every single time the stay has been consistently above average. The word that comes to one's mind when reviewing this hotel is - convenience. It allows for flexibility across various dimensions, location being the primary one. The often over looked factor about a hotel is its security, I have always felt safe standing close to the doors of the Residence Inn, when a turn away you can encounter rowdy elements on the street.

Having stayed there multiple times, I can also vouch that the breakfast has remained a constant feature, that can be both a good and a bad thing. Menu choices are the same, month on month, year on year. Taste has also been good, consistently. The evening social is a little surprise package, can feed a hungry tummy at 5 pm.

There once was a disturbance in the next room at 2 am (party goers) and it was promptly attended to by the security guard. The rooms decor is a bit dull and unimaginative but very functional. I usually stock up the refrigerator for my week's (or two) stay from near by stores such as Target or Walgreens.

Food options are many during weekdays. On the weekend, the downtown crowd thins down, leaving one with few dining options.

The staff is always courteous, prompt and accessible. Great price point for business travelers, the rewards points are good too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response to your stay with us, I appreciate your feedback! We hope that you feel comfortable and safe while you are with us, and I am happy to hear that we were able to accomplish that.
I am glad that you were able to utilize our central location within many restaurants, stores, and other venues. We are lucky to be connected and near so many great local businesses.
Thank you for complimenting our Security guards and our response time. We want our guests to know that we are there to help.
If you ever need assistance to find open restaurants on the weekend, or would like us to grocery shop for you – please let us know. We would be more than happy to help you.
Thank you for being such a loyal guest, we definitely appreciate your business and that you choose us. We would enjoy having you back anytime!

Ivrea, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had the possibility to stay here for work. the room is so big and well furnished. It's good to have kitchen and microwave present in the room, i spent a couple of lunch inside my room. The breakfast is simply perfect with a huge selection of both salty and sweet options. Nice to have the coffe and tea always available in front of the reception. defenetely it worth staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you very much. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast selection, and that you were comfortable in your room. We do hope that you return again!

Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our 20-yr old son accompanied us, so we wanted a larger room and a separate bedroom. This was a good choice for us in downtown Minneapolis. Across the street from Macy's, good parking lot attached with reasonable rates, and an overall good experience at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
I appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Downtown Minneapolis. We are truly lucky to be in such an ideal location, and I am happy to hear you took advantage of that. It sounds like you were comfortable in your room, which is great! It is definitely what we strive for at our hotel. Please come back again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our stay at the Residence Inn was a great one. The staff went out of the way to make us comfortable, quickly bringing us extra linen that we needed, recommending late night deliveries for food after arriving late due to a flight delay. Hotel was quiet, breakfast was very good, and the location was perfect to Nicolet Mall and every place we wanted to go in Minneapolis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am proud to know that our staff made your experience a great one and that you were comfortable in your room. It is definitely what we aim to achieve! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location as well, we are lucky to be in the center of so many wonderful venues. I hope that you and your family return on your next trip to Minneapolis!

Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

A nice location adacent to the Nicollette Mall, with excellent access to the center of downtown. Hotel is fine, with nothing special. A typical breakfast buffett, better on weekday than weekend; clean well kept rooms. My room was dark and I actually bought a light bulb at Walgreens because of the low wattage in all the lamps, allowing me to read.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the street for more light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the location of our hotel; we are lucky to be right in the center of Downtown Minneapolis as well as connected to the Skyway system. I am also glad you took part in our complimentary breakfast, and that your room was well kept.

I am sorry to hear that your room was too dark, and that you felt you needed to buy a new bulb. I wish I had known that you felt this way during your stay; we absolutely would have brought you another lamp or bought the bulb on our dime. As for now, I will be sure to have housekeeping check our bulbs to be sure they are all brightly lit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I hope this doesn’t discourage you from returning to our property.

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We took a family trip to Minneapolis and this was a great hotel for us. The location is right downtown - you can access the downtown skywalk system without leaving the building -nice because it was very cold. The light rail train station was just 2 blocks away. The kitchenette is well stocked and nice for warming up leftovers or having popcorn while watching TV.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful response! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. I am glad that your family was able to experience the scenes of Downtown Minneapolis. We are lucky to be surrounded by so many great venues and restaurants. Fortunately, also being connected in the skyway system it can definitely enhance the experience, especially on those chilly days!

It sounds like you and your family were comfortable in your room, and I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the full kitchen as well.

Have a wonderful day; we hope that you and your family return soon!

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!