“Great location, nothing special with hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
Memphis
“Great location, nothing special with hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

A nice location adacent to the Nicollette Mall, with excellent access to the center of downtown. Hotel is fine, with nothing special. A typical breakfast buffett, better on weekday than weekend; clean well kept rooms. My room was dark and I actually bought a light bulb at Walgreens because of the low wattage in all the lamps, allowing me to read.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the street for more light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the location of our hotel; we are lucky to be right in the center of Downtown Minneapolis as well as connected to the Skyway system. I am also glad you took part in our complimentary breakfast, and that your room was well kept.

I am sorry to hear that your room was too dark, and that you felt you needed to buy a new bulb. I wish I had known that you felt this way during your stay; we absolutely would have brought you another lamp or bought the bulb on our dime. As for now, I will be sure to have housekeeping check our bulbs to be sure they are all brightly lit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I hope this doesn’t discourage you from returning to our property.

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We took a family trip to Minneapolis and this was a great hotel for us. The location is right downtown - you can access the downtown skywalk system without leaving the building -nice because it was very cold. The light rail train station was just 2 blocks away. The kitchenette is well stocked and nice for warming up leftovers or having popcorn while watching TV.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful response! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. I am glad that your family was able to experience the scenes of Downtown Minneapolis. We are lucky to be surrounded by so many great venues and restaurants. Fortunately, also being connected in the skyway system it can definitely enhance the experience, especially on those chilly days!

It sounds like you and your family were comfortable in your room, and I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the full kitchen as well.

Have a wonderful day; we hope that you and your family return soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Residence Inn in downtown Minneapolis is in a great location for anything you plan to do in downtown Minneapolis. The room was great, the bed was soft and comfortable. It's always nice to have some extra space when away from home.

The location of this hotel is right in the middle of lots of things...we were headed to a concert and it was just one block away. There are alot of eateries close by too.

I reserved a large studio, but i think it was a one bedroom since the bedroom area had doors. The room is nicely decorated and very attractive. Our view was not the best, so that's one thing I wish we had that we didn't. Be aware that you have to have your key to get in to the hotel and to get up the elevator. The parking can be tricky if you haven't been there before; we had a parking/room combination and that was nice.

The breakfast was a typical breakfast and not bad but not impressive either...scrambled eggs; sausage; oven potatoes (that were not cooked enough); biscuits and sausage gravy; cereal; yogurt; there were apples and bananas and some cut fruit...only cantalope; waffles...but there were quite a few things to top those, so that was nice.

We would definetly stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your feedback in your stay with us, and I am glad you enjoyed being in the center of Downtown Minneapolis! It is a wonderful city and we are lucky to be surrounded by so many great venues, so it is great to hear you took advantage of that.

With being in the center of Minneapolis, unfortunately this means we are enclosed by many much taller buildings, it does make it harder for us to provide much of a view. I am sorry that part of your stay was not enjoyable; however, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the decorations and style of your room.

As for your room type, it sounds as though we may have given you a complimentary upgrade – I am sorry we did not properly inform you of this upon check-in and that it was not what you preferred for your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you partook in our complimentary breakfast buffet; it is a nice perk to offer our guests. I appreciate your feedback on this subject and we will be sure to take it into account with our breakfast staff, we are always open to suggestions.

We hope that you stay with us again on your next trip to Downtown Minneapolis!

Plant City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was in town for a two day business trip and stayed at this Residence Inn. The room was great, the bed was soft and the overall appeal of the hotel made my stay great. The staff knew the area well and easily pointed me in the right direction for a quick walking tour downtown. I also forgot my phone charger for this trip and the front desk easily found a similar charger they had in the lost and found that allowed me to charge my phone. I almost forgot the best part.... the cookies at the counter in the afternoon were excellent. I had to change clothes three times to go back and get another cookie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you were comfortable and relaxed in your bed, and that you enjoyed the downtown Minneapolis experience as well. I also am so happy that our staff was able to help you with finding a new charger, and that you enjoyed the cookies - it's hard to take just one!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I and my wife got married at a near by venue on the 30th of march after which we moved in to the hotel. The hotel staff were so so helpful and cheerful, most especially a guy called Darrin. I have stayed at so many hotels but this is my first time of writing a review for any.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that we could be a special part in your trip to Minneapolis and most especially your wedding day! Darrin is a great part of our team, and I will be sure to recognize him for it. We hope you return again soon!

Congratulations and best wishes,
jerusalem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Centeral place in the downtown close to the Nicolette Mall. It very comfortable in the winter exit directly to the Skyway and then to all point in the doentown without going out . Free hot cofee and tea at the recepition . Kitchenette in the suite is very helpful. The breakfest was american standars without vegetables. The reception team was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for such a positive response in your stay with us, it is what we aim to achieve. I am happy to hear you fully enjoyed your experience in our hotel along with the skyway access in downtown Minneapolis.

We hope you return soon!

Pound, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I agree with all the other reviewers about excellent housekeeping, excellent location close to shopping, restaurants,university and mass transit; efficient check in staff; good breakfast etc so will only point out other pros and cons.

First the pros: 1. Who doesn't like fresh chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon and apples available 24/7 for a quick snack. 2. One reviewer mentioned a small shower. That was not the case in our one bedroom. The shower was in a full size tub with a nice curved shower rod so the curtain did not billow in during a shower. The shower head had good water pressure. 3. Maintenance staff is responsive. The shower head was loose causing water to spray from the pipe. We mentioned this on our way out in the morning and it was fixed when we returned. 4. True the main breakfast selections are the same every day, but there is a great variety of hot and cold items as well as a different egg dish in addition to the scrambled eggs. One morning it was eggs florentine and the next it was a egg/sausage/cheese biscuit. Waffle batter was premeasured in covered cups so no handling a messy batter pitcher and cups. Fruit was offered as an alternative waffle topper to syrup.

The only cons pertain to sleeping comfort. 1. A 145 pound early-twenties, athletic adult woke up with a sore back after a restless night on the sofa sleeper. It wasn't any better sleeping directly on the sofa cushions the next night. I recommend using the sofa sleeper only for children. 2. Usually I sleep like a dream at a Residence Inn, but the bed was too firm at this location so it was disappointing. The pillows were fluffable but compacted to a hard blob during the night so I woke up with a headache. I resorted to using the foam curved neck pillow I use in airplanes as a topper to one of the hotel pillows. The mattress and pillow was the only reason this property did not receive a five rating.

Restaurant recommendation: The Capital Grille a block away has fantastic steak and seafood. It is a pricy a la carte menu, but the steak was so tender it could be cut with a fork.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. I do apologize that the sofa sleeper was uncomfortable for your family. We always hope to provide the best experience possible for each of our guests. We will explore this matter to be extra sure that our sofa beds are intact and reaching their best potential. If you do return to our property, we offer roll away beds as well and they may fit your needs better.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast options, and your room. I am also happy to hear that our staff was helpful and efficient in your needs, and you enjoyed the local area. We hope that you and your family return soon. We look forward to it!

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!