“Great place to stay for my business trip to Minneapolis” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Minneapolis
Plant City, Florida
“Great place to stay for my business trip to Minneapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was in town for a two day business trip and stayed at this Residence Inn. The room was great, the bed was soft and the overall appeal of the hotel made my stay great. The staff knew the area well and easily pointed me in the right direction for a quick walking tour downtown. I also forgot my phone charger for this trip and the front desk easily found a similar charger they had in the lost and found that allowed me to charge my phone. I almost forgot the best part.... the cookies at the counter in the afternoon were excellent. I had to change clothes three times to go back and get another cookie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you were comfortable and relaxed in your bed, and that you enjoyed the downtown Minneapolis experience as well. I also am so happy that our staff was able to help you with finding a new charger, and that you enjoyed the cookies - it's hard to take just one!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I and my wife got married at a near by venue on the 30th of march after which we moved in to the hotel. The hotel staff were so so helpful and cheerful, most especially a guy called Darrin. I have stayed at so many hotels but this is my first time of writing a review for any.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that we could be a special part in your trip to Minneapolis and most especially your wedding day! Darrin is a great part of our team, and I will be sure to recognize him for it. We hope you return again soon!

Congratulations and best wishes,
jerusalem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Centeral place in the downtown close to the Nicolette Mall. It very comfortable in the winter exit directly to the Skyway and then to all point in the doentown without going out . Free hot cofee and tea at the recepition . Kitchenette in the suite is very helpful. The breakfest was american standars without vegetables. The reception team was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
RITeam, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for such a positive response in your stay with us, it is what we aim to achieve. I am happy to hear you fully enjoyed your experience in our hotel along with the skyway access in downtown Minneapolis.

We hope you return soon!

Pound, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I agree with all the other reviewers about excellent housekeeping, excellent location close to shopping, restaurants,university and mass transit; efficient check in staff; good breakfast etc so will only point out other pros and cons.

First the pros: 1. Who doesn't like fresh chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon and apples available 24/7 for a quick snack. 2. One reviewer mentioned a small shower. That was not the case in our one bedroom. The shower was in a full size tub with a nice curved shower rod so the curtain did not billow in during a shower. The shower head had good water pressure. 3. Maintenance staff is responsive. The shower head was loose causing water to spray from the pipe. We mentioned this on our way out in the morning and it was fixed when we returned. 4. True the main breakfast selections are the same every day, but there is a great variety of hot and cold items as well as a different egg dish in addition to the scrambled eggs. One morning it was eggs florentine and the next it was a egg/sausage/cheese biscuit. Waffle batter was premeasured in covered cups so no handling a messy batter pitcher and cups. Fruit was offered as an alternative waffle topper to syrup.

The only cons pertain to sleeping comfort. 1. A 145 pound early-twenties, athletic adult woke up with a sore back after a restless night on the sofa sleeper. It wasn't any better sleeping directly on the sofa cushions the next night. I recommend using the sofa sleeper only for children. 2. Usually I sleep like a dream at a Residence Inn, but the bed was too firm at this location so it was disappointing. The pillows were fluffable but compacted to a hard blob during the night so I woke up with a headache. I resorted to using the foam curved neck pillow I use in airplanes as a topper to one of the hotel pillows. The mattress and pillow was the only reason this property did not receive a five rating.

Restaurant recommendation: The Capital Grille a block away has fantastic steak and seafood. It is a pricy a la carte menu, but the steak was so tender it could be cut with a fork.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank 59travelmom
I appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. I do apologize that the sofa sleeper was uncomfortable for your family. We always hope to provide the best experience possible for each of our guests. We will explore this matter to be extra sure that our sofa beds are intact and reaching their best potential. If you do return to our property, we offer roll away beds as well and they may fit your needs better.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast options, and your room. I am also happy to hear that our staff was helpful and efficient in your needs, and you enjoyed the local area. We hope that you and your family return soon. We look forward to it!

Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Pros:
1. Perfect location
2. Large rooms
3. Staff cleans the room on regular basis. No need to tell them.
4. Fully equipped kitchen
5. Good variety for breakfast and evening snacks
6. All major route buses and Light rail stations are not too far

Cons:
Can't really recollect any, but if I have to mention:
1. Same stuff available in breakfast everyday
2. Liquor shop is little far, on the parallel street ;)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Connected to the Skywalk so it's convenient for shopping the Nicolette Mall or going to the Target Center. We had a room with a fireplace and Jacuzzi tub. The only negative of the room is that the shower is about the same as in my motorhome.As for the front staff, they were great. Housekeeping needs to learn to read english. We were still in bed with the "Do Not Disturb" sign and they wanted to clean the room.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip. This hotel is a perfect location. Walking distance to Nicollet street mall, restaurants bars and shopping. We had business at the convention center and this hotel is close enough to walk or take a free bus. The rooms are spacious and clean. Plenty of blankets which is necessArt when it's 10 degrees outside. The staff is always nice and the free breakfast is a bonus because it is fresh and the coffee is good. Well

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business