“Would definitely stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Iowa
“Would definitely stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Stayed here in February 2011 with our family of 4. We booked this hotel because my oldest daughter's dance team danced at the halftime show for the Timberwolves and the hotel was close to the Target Center and there were skywalks to and from the Center. When arriving to the hotel we missed the parking garage because the sign for the hotel is pretty small. Once we parked, went down the elevator and it opened into a large mall like setting. Around a couple of pillars was the hotel entrance. Hotel lobby is on the 1st floor and guest rooms are on the 11th-14th floors. Confusing at first but learned quickly how it was laid out.

Staff was awesome. I asked a million questions on where things were, how to get around the skywalks. Even asked her for a phone number to Hard Rock and she pulled it up for me and gave me a map of downtown and how to get there. Very informative and never balked at any questions. Word to the wise, the skywalk system closes down at Macy's at their closing time. Had to go outside for two blocks to get back to hotel, which isn't bad if it's not snowing and midnight. The front desk warned me about it and showed me a shortcut on the map.

Were going to use the lightrail to go to the Mall of America but we didn't. Wish we did. Was told it was about a 30 minute trip and by car was about 15. But factor in traffic and trying to find a place to park, was over 30 minutes. Being on a time crunch we didn't want to take a chance on scheduling times on the lightrail,

Rooms are spacious. We stayed in a double queen room which is smaller than the king suites. They only have 4 double queens in the whole hotel. Very clean, very quiet. Breakfast area was large and clean. Had a good variety of food both days. We would definitely stay here again if we ever needed a downtown hotel. Price is very reasonable too.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I had a meeting in Minneapolis on a Friday so I booked a room for Thursday and Friday nights. The location was perfect for me, just a few blocks from my meeting at the Minneapolis Club, right in the downtown shopping district. The room was large with a full functional kitchen (which I didn't really use), comfortable bed, huge TV. A full breakfast comes with the room with eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, fruit etc. Not gourmet, but certainly acceptable. The hotel occupies the 11th -14th floors of a highrise with the front desk and breakfast area on the first floor. The front desk staff was very helpful in directing me to a brewpub for a late night bite to eat after I arrived -- accessible from the Skyway so I didn't even have to go outside. The hotel is only 4 blocks from the light rail line that goes to the airport so I used that to get back to the airport at the end of my stay. In 25 minutes, I was in the airport terminal and it only cost $1.75.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

only stayed one night, but was a good stay. easy and quick check in, parking was right next door, reasonably priced and connected to the hotel. For the price the size of the room will not be beat, the full size fridge was great to have, the one room suite is plenty of room for the average traveler. One draw back to this location is that it is a residence inn, and people do actually appear to temporarily live there, for example there are folks unloading their groceries out front, and across from our room on the 14th floor there were several Indian families staying, the smell of curry was thick, but it never invaded our room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

recently stayed here with my husband, they made us feel right at home! The staff was polite and the rooms were clean, would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010 via mobile

Am sitting here currently in a very comfortable room that has definitely been renovated recently. The kitchen is great and there is a Target with plenty of groceries just a block away. The staff has not only been politely professional, they are friendly, real people. Picked this location because it's close to the convention center (just a short walk down the block or catch a free bus on Nicollet mall). Daughter had a rabbit show to attend and we live practically there or here!

• Stayed November 2010
Willow Spring, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

There are 2 Residence Inns in Downtown Minneapolis. One on Nicolette and one at The Depot. I have stayed at both. Nicolette is attached to skywalk so lots of places to shop and eat without having to go on the street. BUT if you need to work 10-12 hours a day, like I did on this last 4 day trip, The Depot is the place to stay!! The Manager's Reception was just enough dinner on some nights so I didn't have to go out for food. Other nights they helped me order in by recommending local delivery services and cluing me in on the best tasting like Pizza Luce and Star Dragon. I started to catch a cold and one staffer drew me a map to the nearest drugstore. Housekeeping did an excellent job in my room so I was able to recharge in comfort andn order. The couple of times I was able to go to breakfast, the morning hostess who stocked and monitored the buffet was very cheerful and happy to be there. There is nothing like being waited on by people who really love their jobs. Only downside is there is obviously a hospital nearby so every now and then you can hear an ambulance go by. In the middle of the night is when it is the most noticable!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Ramsey, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've stayed here twice in the last 1-1/2 years. The 1st stay was with my sister/in-laws and we had a 2 bedroom suite which accomodated 5 comfortably - 6 was a little tight, but we made it work. The 2 bedroom, 2 bath worked great for getting ready for a night on the town!

The next stay was with my husband for our anniversary. We stayed in a studio suite. Very spacious. Only issue was the heat had been left on prior to us checking in (it was November, but the temp outside was in the 60's so heat was definately not needed). The studio is very spacious with sleeping/living areas semi-separate from each other.

Anytime I plan to stay in downtown Minneapolis, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!