Stayed here in February 2011 with our family of 4. We booked this hotel because my oldest daughter's dance team danced at the halftime show for the Timberwolves and the hotel was close to the Target Center and there were skywalks to and from the Center. When arriving to the hotel we missed the parking garage because the sign for the hotel is pretty small. Once we parked, went down the elevator and it opened into a large mall like setting. Around a couple of pillars was the hotel entrance. Hotel lobby is on the 1st floor and guest rooms are on the 11th-14th floors. Confusing at first but learned quickly how it was laid out.
Staff was awesome. I asked a million questions on where things were, how to get around the skywalks. Even asked her for a phone number to Hard Rock and she pulled it up for me and gave me a map of downtown and how to get there. Very informative and never balked at any questions. Word to the wise, the skywalk system closes down at Macy's at their closing time. Had to go outside for two blocks to get back to hotel, which isn't bad if it's not snowing and midnight. The front desk warned me about it and showed me a shortcut on the map.
Were going to use the lightrail to go to the Mall of America but we didn't. Wish we did. Was told it was about a 30 minute trip and by car was about 15. But factor in traffic and trying to find a place to park, was over 30 minutes. Being on a time crunch we didn't want to take a chance on scheduling times on the lightrail,
Rooms are spacious. We stayed in a double queen room which is smaller than the king suites. They only have 4 double queens in the whole hotel. Very clean, very quiet. Breakfast area was large and clean. Had a good variety of food both days. We would definitely stay here again if we ever needed a downtown hotel. Price is very reasonable too.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown Hotel Minneapolis
- Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown Hotel
- Residence Inn Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Residence Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.