“Simply the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Regina, Canada
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

We stayed here the first night of our 17 days on holidays this year. We had tickets to see the Vikings the next night, and reservations downtown at the Westin for that night so we could walk to the game. We knew as soon as we arrived that we may want to make reservations RIGHT AWAY for our return trip. Everything and everybody was perfect. the room was amazing and quiet. The service was SO FRIENDLY it was our pleasure to stay here. If I had to choose between the Westin downtown and this Sheraton... this place would win without even trying. As stated in the title... simply the best... the best place we stayed in our 17 day trip though the USA. We did return on our way back to Canada, and it was even better the second time around. The only negative is, it spoiled us for other hotels... we kept expecting other Starwood properties to measure up to this one... none did. Thanks

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

This was a one night stay during a business trip. Hotel is very well appointed, excellent ammenities, immaculate room and very professional staff. Price ($89) was less than many other much lower quality places I have stayed. I do miss the free breakfast feature which helps me to get on my way faster in the morning. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Had a problem with my reservation. I got the runaround for 45 minutes on the phone. They fixed the problem only after I drive to the hotel. NOT HAPPY with that. Also charged a $1.00 to call the front desk to see where the ice machines were.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Mankato
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Stayed here one night on the weekend while in town on leisure. This is an older hotel but well maintained. The lobby area is very nice. Check-in was quick but not overly friendly. The lobby contains about 5 computers, which is a nice touch. The hotel has two atriums; one of those contains a pool. If you are looking for a quieter room, you may want to request the non-pool atrium side. The atrium does create some noise, especially during the weekend I stayed here since there was sport groups staying at the hotel.

The room was nice size with a very comfy bed, large work desk, two chairs and an ottoman, and a very large bathroom. Everything was clean. The TV had very poor reception. I was on the west side of the buidling and my room was very noisy due to a ventilation system on the rooftop below. I would request a room on the opposite side of the building. I had a 4th floor room (SPG Preferred Guest Room) which included a free bottle of water and robe.

I ordered room service and although the staff was not overly friendly, the food quality was very good and delivered promptly.

Check-out was fast, but again not overly friendly.

Please note this hotel does not have in-room movies or free internet (however, I was able to pick up a signal from a local business).

I would stay here again if the price was right. I payed about $60 for the room on a Friday night which was a steal. Easy access to the interstate around the hotel and a large mall right across the street.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Sheraton Minneapolis West is just off the Interstate / major transportation routes that make Minneapolis St Paul easy to get around. It is about a 10-15 min drive to Mall of America, and Downtown. There is a large shopping mall just across the road with a couple of resturants in it. There is good parking but the hotel seems to do much of its business as a conference / meeting centre and the parking lots were full a couple of days for a while.
The hotel itself is spacious, appears well maintaimed and attractive from the outside.
Rooms are huge and done out in navy and cream. Beds very comfortable. There are usual low light lamps dotted around the room (this seems to be standard nowadays in hotels), and a big flatscreen TV. Bathrooms are roomy with nice fixtures, shower worked well.
We used the hotel restaurant only once, on checkout day: buffet breakfast was adequate, nothing special, we went most days to Perkins about 3 min drive away in Minnetonka, better choice, better prices.
There is a bank of computers with printer in the lobby areas , free for hotel customers, also computer hook ups in the rooms.
Hotel is "pet friendly", did not see any pets so cannot comment on that, Rooms did not smell of any recent animal occupation.
Check in and out smooth, however I only ever saw one person on reception. Even when there were 5 people waiting to check in, one clerk was left to check in / out and answer phones.
We stayed here because of a good price. I am not sure I would pay the rooms posted maximum price ($299), may pay the every weekday rate (~$140).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Booked a business group of 14 here for meetings with local companies. Three nights - not one problem experienced, and all expressed satisfaction with rooms, hotel in general. Rooms are spacious and quiet, comfortable beds, nice flat screen tvs and Starbuck's coffee. We used the hotel's complimentary shuttle service often for local meetings and assorted errands and airport, that was so convenient and the drivers Dan, Don and Dick were always on time, friendly and happy to point out spots of interest . Hotel lobby is very welcoming with that elixir water at the front door (very appreciated!) and lots of room to gather and good internet connections. Front desk staff are all excellent, definitely a cut above the usual - Kayla, Renee, Calli - these ladies do a tremendous job. Had breakfast at the restaurant, better than expected, then had dinner one night with a group of 8 - we were a little on the late side and had no reservations, but Veronica treated us like valued customers and we had an especially nice meal. Walked over to the Redstone Grill twice for lunch and dinner -- not to be missed! A delightful restaurant with five star food, outdoor patio, impressive wines. The manager of the hotel even drove us one morning, a very nice man who really knows how to run a hotel and how to hire good people. Wish every hotel was this good.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

I stayed here twice this June. Once on the club floor, and once regular room. The regular room was no different than the club floor in any way. Since the club floor has no breakfast or evening snacks on a weekend I told the front desk that I'd appreciate a free continental breakfast in the restaurant, and they comped me a full breakfast - no issue at all.

This facility probably has fairly low occupany due to the economy, but it is in excellent shape, and the rooms are great - very nice decor, good beds and pillows, large LCD tv, etc. I need to mention that it is a very very quiet hotel, and the drapes keep the room dark, which is key to a good night's sleep. I must admit that due to the season I did not run the heating/AC unit, so that could add noise depending on the season. I was very pleased with this hotel, and I have stayed in a wide range of hotels around the world. Sheraton is moving up on my preferred list.

There is a pool that is indoors, and this does add some chlorine smell when you are in the hallways, but not objectionable. I could imaging that if you had a room close to the pool on a night where many people were partying, it might be noticeable. Also, both rooms had a bit of an issue of getting water on the floor of the bath when taking a shower, but also not a significant issue.

Depending on price, this hotel is an excellent value, great location, and would not disappoint. It is adjoing a large mall, and has easy access to major highways.

No need to take pictures for my review - everything was excellent. I might add there was very good internet service/PC stations in the lobby - much better than most hotels. They do a good business with offsite meetings of local businesses, and I can see that is a good value for them as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!