“Extremely Loud!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Extremely Loud!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Don't stay there if you have young children or expect to get any sleep or peace and quiet before ten. All the rooms facing the pool were extremely loud. The kids and the adults in the area were loud and rude. The staff at the hotel were not helpful even after letting us know that they would take care of it. They tried to put us in another room at 830 at night, while I was still trying to get my 1, 4, and 9 year old to sleep. That room faced the pool and was right next to the elevator. No help at all. We'll never stay here again or recommend it to any of our friends or family. Horrible

Room Tip: All rooms are terrible
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Neil R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconvenience with noise. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your previous stay. It is through guest feedback such as yours that we can continue to enhance and improve upon our Sheraton experience for all of our guests.

We will be following up with the shortcomings you experienced. We take our gest comments very seriously and I am confident that the hotel staff will work harder than ever to provide the superior service that is indicative of Sheraton.
Please feel free to contact me directly. I hope you have a great day.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

A pleasent Business Trip to the USA complimented by this nice hotel. This is a standard Sheraton with proessional staff, nice rooms, nice bathroom and rather nice bar. You really cant go wrong with this hotel if you are visiting Minnetonka, which i was for business reasons, beware this hotel is a long way from central minneapolis. A short walk across a giant carpark of the Ridgedale Mall opposite to the hotel takes you to the excellent Champps bar and grill, which has great food, good drinks and real locals to meet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Neil R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to your return to our great property.
Fargo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Having written many hotel reviews, I read what was written about this location. I even contacted the Hotels.com Gold Membership hotline before completing my booking. Recommendation was to book on the Club Floor, which I did. I was very impressed with the room. All appeared to be clean and orderly. There were some deferred maintenance issues with the towel rack in the bathroom, but I would classify as minor.

Went to the Club Room for an evening snack. Everything was well stocked. Was a little surprised there wasn’t an attendant present to clean up sitting area, but right at 8PM (clue room closing), a very nice staff member showed up and began cleaning. I was not rushed out at all.

While I did not go to the pool area, from my vantage point, I could see the kids having fun below and how well kept the area was. Plenty of towels available for guest use, which, toward the end of the day can be an issue. That was very nice. I eventually retired to my room. I had a very restless sleep so I got up and took a shower, thinking this would help. Again, except for that issue with the towel rack, everything was clean and in order. Bed was comfortable enough, but something wasn’t right. I ended up sleeping, but not very well. Morning arrives and I walk down to the Club Room. I was a little surprised that hotel guest from other parts of the hotel (not from within the locked doors to the “Club Floor”) were able to access this area with their room keys. While in the Club Room, the tightness I had been feeling in my chest disappeared. Breakfast was very good, hot and fresh. There was an attendant and she was AMAZING. Took care of everyone, kept the place picked up and passed the time with all that entered. I would HIGHLY recommend the Club Floor for anyone staying at this location.

Now, let’s get back to the room. Upon entering the room again, I knew I could smell something. You see, as I left the room for breakfast, I opened the curtains to get a view of the woods behind the hotel. This also allowed the sun to shine in. Upon my return, I could see the windows were completely covered in moisture, I assumed this was from my shower. Looking closer, I could now see that there was mold all over the window sill and growing on the ceiling. I immediately called the front desk and asked for the MOD to visit with me. Within 4 minutes, Sue R was at my door. She could not believe what she saw. On behalf of management, she was extremely apologetic, but because this room was booked through Hotels.com, her hands were tied as far as she could offer for restitution. She commented that they knew they had issues, but not on the VIP Club Floor. After talking to Management, I DO believe this will be addressed and with their upcoming improvement plans, this WILL be a place to stay! I hope to stay at this location again during the summer and will re-evaluate then.

Room Tip: I'm sure Management will address these issues. Recommend you take a close look once yu check in...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments are taken very seriously. I have spoken with our entire management team and we are in the process of improving this issue for our guests. We value our guest’s feedback and we will make improvements right away.
As I have stated in my email to you yesterday, we have sent you a gift certificate for another night with us. Please contact me upon your next visit and I will make sure you get one of our best rooms.
I am very sorry for the trouble but I assure you we will make it up to you. Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Minneapolis West as your hotel of choice. I look forward to working with you. Do not hesitate to contact me if I be of further assistance.
Vollezele, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Have stayed in the hotel several times. Always enjoyed the friendlyness and professionalism of the staff. Rooms are spaciaous with good quality beds. Pool and spa add value during cold winter days. Only negative point. Extremely noisy heater in the room which disturbs the sleep during start and stop all through the night. Could/should be replaced by quiet sytems.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Neil R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
In the hotel industry success is measured by complete satisfaction of each of our guests. Our goal is to achieve excellence every time.
We thank you in for your time and your feedback. All concerned departments will receive a copy of your comments. We thank you for helping us to become better for all our guests.
Guest Service Manager
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The layout is courtyard like (enclosed), the restaurant food fair if unchanging, the complimentary 6 mile free shuttle very good, the rooms decent and the facilities adequate.

Pick this hotel if you're working nearby and want a straightforward, convenient, no frills hotel. The current "pay your year" promo is excellent.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Very nice of you to share your experience with others. Your feedback is a valuable tool in monitoring our hotels performance. I have passed your comments on to all staff members. Thank you again for your time.

Wading River, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed on Club Floor during quiet thanksgiving week. Staff were gracious and caring. Close to Ridgedale for shopping and on main freeways to all places. Hotel was clean, quiet and welcoming. We liked their "go green" program. It allowed for greater privacy from hotel interactions and minimize waste.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your previous stay. The feedback you have provided is essential to see where we can improve to satisfy our guests. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel choice.

We thank you in for your time, your patronage, and we certainly hope to see you back soon!

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have stayed here a few times in the past and most recently for a work party. My company has rented the dining hall here several times in the past. The food is always exceptional. The waiters working the events are always top notch. The rooms are nice but nothing special. I have always slept well here though. The hotel is right across the street from Ridgedale which is a nice shopping mall with a Macy's and good dining as well.

Room Tip: Try to avoid having a room near the pool unless you want a 6 AM water splashing wake up.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your previous stay. The feedback you have provided is essential to see where we can improve to satisfy our guests. We would like to personally take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Sheraton Minneapolis West as your hotel choice.

Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!