“Good service, good price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
Bismarck
“Good service, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A group of my family stayed here for a recent wedding. The quality and cleanliness of the rooms, and the service received were quite good. Food and bar service were good as well. The pool area was kid-friendly and well stocked with towels. I will definitely recommend the property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate you kind comments! Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Minneapolis West as your hotel of choice. Please come back and visit soon!

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Our most recent visit to this Sheraton was much like previous visits-satisfying and relaxing.

Ok, there was a crumpled napkin stuck behind the desk on arrival; and an empty pop bottle on the patio; and no clean towels by the pool on Sunday am.

Despite these glitches, we got a decent senior rate with breakfast buffet tickets each morning. This buffet has gotten very much better since our last visit-great fresh fruit, good eggs, hashbrown combos and breakfast meats. Super Starbucks coffee.

The spacious atrium is part of the attractive surroundings. Add to that a spacious pool and hot tub And top it off with a handsome lounge. Very nice!

Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. There was a big flat screen TV. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a fabulous shower and plenty of lovely towels and bathing soaps and additional items.

And don't miss their complimentary Elixir water! Keep up the good work, Sheraton!

• Stayed September 2013
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and point out some of the changes to our hotel since your last stay. We will keep working hard so that we provide the service our guests deserve.
Villa Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

When I was visiting family my wife and I stayed here.

Our room faced out on a large grouping of trees and we felt like we were out in a forest somewhere instead of just down the street from the highway and across the street from a large mall.

The room was very quiet and had recently been remodeled so all of the furnishing were very nice. The bed was comfortable and they had a wonderful pool. If this was not enough we were a short walk from Ridgedale Mall.

The staff was very friendly and the hotel was extremely clean and well maintained.

What a great hotel and yes I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the South Side of the hotel nice view and very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I am glad you had such a nice time staying with us! It is always rewarding to hear comments like this. Your feedback is a great tool in monitoring our performance. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you back soon!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great staff, nice spacious rooms and huge marble baths with lots of amenities-shower puff, nail file, Qtips, cottonballs, etc. Book a Club Level room and enjoy access to their club lounge with evening hors d'eouvres and hot breakfast, and get free speedy WiFi. WiFi is only $9.95 per day otherwise, and is free in the lobby (hint: get a room in the front atrium and you can access the lobby wifi from your room for free). Loads of free parking, new YMCA next door gives guests free access and on-site gym is nice too. Free Shuttle to a 5 mile radius of the hotel is nice, but there are lots of shopping/dining options within walking distance too.

Room Tip: get a room in the front atrium and you can access the lobby wifi from your room for free
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad you had a nice time with us! The feedback you have provided helps us monitor and improve our guest satisfaction. Thank you for your time; your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to your return.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis West was very pleasant. This was a quick trip for work. The hotel is about a 30 minute drive from the airport; but directly off the freeway and across the street from a local shopping centre.

The staff were very pleasant on arrival and check-in was a breeze. King bed and room were very comfortable. The only really perplexing items were trying to figure out the thermostat. I could never get the fan to turn off even when I would set it to "off" from "auto" and adjusting the temperature was awkward and I still don't know if it worked or not. Also, no safe in the room that I could find, so I would need to hide items before going for a workout that I would not otherwise take with me.

The workout facility was very nice: 3 elliptical machines, a number of treadmills, bikes, medicine balls, and free weights. Some of the ellipticals could use a tune up because it felt like they were clunky and loud, so I switched to what looked like the newest one. The pool looked very nice and is situated in the center of the first floor atrium.

Overall, a very pleasant stay for business.

Q: Would I stay again?
A: Yes

I was very happy and comfortable with this Sheraton property. Thanks for the good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. The feedback you have provided is essential to see where we can improve to satisfy our guests. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Anoka, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed on a weekend night for a summer wedding. Check-in went smoothly and staff were friendly. Lobby bar had excellent service and exceeded expectations. Gym had great cardio machines with TV Screens/iPod attachment etc. Room was very comfortable and spacious.

Only complaints (minor) were that our room ended up being in the "club" area and none of the amenities were explained (continental breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres etc.). I also see another reviewer mentioned complimentary access to a YMCA (that would have been good to know!). I normally do my homework and am aware of many amenities prior to staying somewhere, but it's nice when staff pick up the slack and point out things you might not be aware of.

I also found the pool to be oddly placed (middle of carpeted "centrum" area surrounded by rooms). It appeared the pool was possibly an "after-thought" placed in the remaining available space. All in all though, great location with terrific coffee/water in room!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your warm words about our hotel. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to your return to our great property. The feedback you have provided is essential to see where we can improve to satisfy our guests. I apologize you were not told about all the club amenities. I will be sure to train our staff to better elaborate on club amenities for all our guests. We thank you for your loyalty.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've been traveling to Minneapolis for work for the past 2 months and have stayed weekly at the Sheraton Minneapolis West. I do enjoy the level of service that has been given consistently on a weekly basis, as the staff in all aspects has been great in catering to needs, requests, and any concerns. The complimentary YMCA gym is a great plus and is a full-sized gym that covers all needs (free weights to 100, bench, squat rack, cardio, etc.), the grilled salmon is decent, and the concierge lounge has a great breakfast in the morning. I recently had an incident at the hotel but the staff responded quickly, sent a personal handwritten note to my room and ensured everything was taken care of (also included a fruit basket), which really made me feel valued as an SPG customer. All in all, I hope to continue my stays here for business travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
First I would like to apologize for the accident. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to show you how much you really mean to us. We will continue to work hard so that you enjoy your stay each visit. I am glad you enjoy our property and the overall service. Please let us know if you ever need anything to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!