“Great place just west of Minneapolis!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Anoka, Minnesota
“Great place just west of Minneapolis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed on a weekend night for a summer wedding. Check-in went smoothly and staff were friendly. Lobby bar had excellent service and exceeded expectations. Gym had great cardio machines with TV Screens/iPod attachment etc. Room was very comfortable and spacious.

Only complaints (minor) were that our room ended up being in the "club" area and none of the amenities were explained (continental breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres etc.). I also see another reviewer mentioned complimentary access to a YMCA (that would have been good to know!). I normally do my homework and am aware of many amenities prior to staying somewhere, but it's nice when staff pick up the slack and point out things you might not be aware of.

I also found the pool to be oddly placed (middle of carpeted "centrum" area surrounded by rooms). It appeared the pool was possibly an "after-thought" placed in the remaining available space. All in all though, great location with terrific coffee/water in room!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your warm words about our hotel. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to your return to our great property. The feedback you have provided is essential to see where we can improve to satisfy our guests. I apologize you were not told about all the club amenities. I will be sure to train our staff to better elaborate on club amenities for all our guests. We thank you for your loyalty.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've been traveling to Minneapolis for work for the past 2 months and have stayed weekly at the Sheraton Minneapolis West. I do enjoy the level of service that has been given consistently on a weekly basis, as the staff in all aspects has been great in catering to needs, requests, and any concerns. The complimentary YMCA gym is a great plus and is a full-sized gym that covers all needs (free weights to 100, bench, squat rack, cardio, etc.), the grilled salmon is decent, and the concierge lounge has a great breakfast in the morning. I recently had an incident at the hotel but the staff responded quickly, sent a personal handwritten note to my room and ensured everything was taken care of (also included a fruit basket), which really made me feel valued as an SPG customer. All in all, I hope to continue my stays here for business travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
First I would like to apologize for the accident. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to show you how much you really mean to us. We will continue to work hard so that you enjoy your stay each visit. I am glad you enjoy our property and the overall service. Please let us know if you ever need anything to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to seeing you soon!

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a business trip. All of the admin staff were very helpful and the front desk staff added a smile and some humour. Unfortunately this demeanour was not carried through to the breakfast staff who proved to be humourless and did only as much as they needed to. To counter that breakfast was more than adequate and was good value.
The room was spacious and was provided with decent toiletries, iron, internet and free parking. I found the decor to be a little dated and needed some refurbishment. A decent mall is literally just across the road.
I never used the pool or gym facilities so cannot comment but visually looked alright.I have stayed here before but for me it may be time to look around for alternatives.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am glad our front desk could be so helpful and kind! I apologize that the food and restaurant staff were less than satisfactory. I will be sure to discuss your comments with my Food and Beverage Director. Thank you for discussing the improvements needing to be made. Your comments are used as a valuable tool in monitoring our performance. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a very nice experience at this hotel. The complimentary coffee in the lobby and water bottle in the room is a nice touch. We had to take our dog on this visit and we were very happy to stay at such a nice hotel with him. The only complaint is there are no garbage cans available in the lobby or outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you had a nice time at the Sheraton Minneapolis West. Our staff is working hard to continue to provide the best service for all our guest's. We hope to see you back soon!

Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was the fourth Sheraton we stayed at within a 10 day stretch. We stayed on the Club level floor and paid $20.00 to access the Club Room. It was a fight for the keys to properly work to gain access. Staff admitted they had told management and the issue was not promptly dealt with. No computer in Club Room, room is very small, breakfast was ok with eggs, oatmeal, danish, etc. Supper was uninspiring and a total disappointment. They need to send a representative to Denver Downtown Sheraton to see how Club Members are treated. The restaurant is not open at night, only breakfast and lunch. You can get served food in the bar. Bartender was great. Front Desk staff was great. I replaced two light bulbs over the vanity myself. Shower was great, bed was great, surprisingly quiet. Really not sure this deserves Sheraton name. Dogs are accepted, this was saving grace!

Room Tip: Really not sure it is worth paying extra to club level, and not really a great value to access Club...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Our team works hard to make sure that our guests feel well taken care of and completely comfortable during their stay with us. We try hard to ensure that the smallest details are already taken care of before you check in, but it sounds like we missed more than a few during your visit. That's disappointing to hear, and we will definitely discuss it with the staff. We're sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than spectacular, but hope that you'll give us another shot the next time you're visiting the area.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here on very late notice due to a power outage in my area that day and they were very accommodating and the price was great! Great location too - Redstone is 200 yards away which is an upscale restaurant/bar with great appetizers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad we could accommodate your requests while staying with us. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts. Please visit us again soon!
St. Cloud, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Sheraton West before, but were disappointed in several things this time.
The tub did not drain so when one took a shower you were ankle deep in water. Many times on the tv said "no signal" even for local channels. The pool was somewhat cold and the hot tub was luke warm. As a result at one point there were nine children in the hot tub. The redeeming qualities are the restaurant and the personable front desk staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. Can you remember the room number you stayed in? Our maintenance team does routine inspections on all our guest rooms to try and prevent these issues from reoccurring. We want kids to have fun at our hotel but we also want our adult guests to have a nice time. I apologize you were not able to enjoy the hot tub. I will provide your feedback to our management staff so that we all can monitor the use of our pool and hot tub. Thank you and I hope to see you back this summer for some summer fun at the Sheraton Minneapolis West.
Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!