“Great place for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Great place for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here on very late notice due to a power outage in my area that day and they were very accommodating and the price was great! Great location too - Redstone is 200 yards away which is an upscale restaurant/bar with great appetizers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad we could accommodate your requests while staying with us. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts. Please visit us again soon!
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
St. Cloud, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Sheraton West before, but were disappointed in several things this time.
The tub did not drain so when one took a shower you were ankle deep in water. Many times on the tv said "no signal" even for local channels. The pool was somewhat cold and the hot tub was luke warm. As a result at one point there were nine children in the hot tub. The redeeming qualities are the restaurant and the personable front desk staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. Can you remember the room number you stayed in? Our maintenance team does routine inspections on all our guest rooms to try and prevent these issues from reoccurring. We want kids to have fun at our hotel but we also want our adult guests to have a nice time. I apologize you were not able to enjoy the hot tub. I will provide your feedback to our management staff so that we all can monitor the use of our pool and hot tub. Thank you and I hope to see you back this summer for some summer fun at the Sheraton Minneapolis West.
Rush City, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Nice hotel. Should be shown as "Sheraton Ridgedale/ or Minnetonka, since this is the actual location. That would be more descriptive to travelers to get to where they really want to be. The rooms are very nice and quiet. Hotel on the location is $$$ but really worth the expense... I will be staying at this hotel next week as well... since its located for my business needs...

Room Tip: The hotel is located in the city of Minnetonka / Hopkins area of Minnesota rather than Minneapolis...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello,
Thank you for staying with us and for selecting us as your choice hotel! I like your idea and will provide my sales team with your comments. Please come back this summer and check out some of the local summer attractions. We appreciate your comments and thank you for your time.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I bought the hotel off of Hotwire so I did not "choose" it. But I will be a return visitor. The location is great - you can walk to a mall right across the street (you DO NOT HAVE have the busy traffic though) Target and restaurants near by maybe 2 blocks away. The hotel is spacious and quiet with computers downstairs to get on to internet via room number. The hotel and the rooms were very clean and well kept. Our room was spacious and quiet and we were right across from the elevator. It seemed like the patrons were mainly business people - so it was quiet and relaxed. Lots of free parking with lots of spaces close to the door. I am not a regular visitor of the twin cities but I was able to get to the hotel with ease during rush hour traffic with out problem. The staff were great - very personable and able to help with any questions I had about the area. I traveled with myself and a five year old and we had a great time and will not hesitate to stay again!!

Room Tip: I didn't find the buffet of any interest for the $$ - also....there is no microwaves or fridges...
Hello,
We are so glad you had a nice time with us. Thank you for your taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel. We hope to see you back soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my cousin's wedding. The first morning the toilet in my room was running, so my sister and I called the front desk to have someone come up to fix it. A few hours later, it was running again, so we called again to have someone fix it. The next day it began to run again, but we were checking out so we left it. It was pretty annoying to have to call twice to get something fixed, and it still was giving us trouble. Overall the rooms are fine--very large bathrooms and the beds are comfortable, but nothing special. The TVs in the room are huge though, so that was a nice plus. On the day of my checkout I saw this enormous spider on the curtain, which didn't make me feel so good...But I guess there are insects in every hotel room somewhere...

Our room overlooked the pool area, which I found strange that the pool and jacuzzi was not secluded. The rooms open up into the courtyard, so you either face the main lobby where the restaurant is also located, or the pool area. The one thing with facing the pool area is that children would go early in the morning when it opened, and some would be there late at night as well, so it could get noisy if the air conditioning isn't on in your room.

Also, if you hang the paper on your door saying that you don't need room service the following morning, you get $5 to use for food in the hotel or you can opt for Sheraton points instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room and away from the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I would like to apologize for the less than perfect stay. It looks like we had some communication issues while you stayed with us. I will speak with all departments to make sure we respond to guests needs promptly. I will take a look at our logbook to follow-up on the room you stayed in so that we can fix the toilet issues you had. Your comments have been forwarded to our Executive Housekeeper so that he is aware of the spider you found. I would also like to apologize for the noise. We will continue to monitor the noise and work at reducing this issue for your next visit. Your comments have been seen by our entire management staff and we will work hard to improve for our guests.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend with my wife and 4-year old twins. Had a wonderful overall experience.

It's not the newest hotel but the rooms are spacious and clean and the staff is quite friendly. The breakfast staff, in particular, made a huge deal over my kids. There was a wedding going on, so I'm sure that they were busy (My kids saw the bride taking pictures and kept referring to her as "the princess."), but they really did a great job.

Amenities are strong: free computers in the lobby, a decent breakfast (if you're getting it for free) and a much-improved club lounge. We also spent a fair amount of time in the pool with the kids. Note: If you have a room over the pool, it does get noisy.

Location is good, right off the highway, near Ridgedale. You will need a car, but at least the parking is free.

Only downside: The wifi needs to be stronger. I kept getting dropped from the network and the front desk employee at night wasn't able to help, since the IT department had gone home.

Overall: It was an extremely cheap rate, they treated us well and the connecting rooms were very comfortable. This is a perfect family hotel and/or business hotel if you are out on 394.

Room Tip: Away from the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the time you took to comment on our hotel. We are in the process of upgrading our internet connection so you will see a change soon. I will coach our staff to provide better direction for our guests when IT is not available. We will continue to monitor the noise so that we can reduce the noise around the pool area. We do our best to block guests according to their preferences. Please let us know when you return so we can place you in an area away from the pool. I have shared your comments with our breakfast staff so that they can provide better direction for our guests. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you back soon!

Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Rooms were cleaned and everything was so nice when me and my partner walked in. Coffee was the best! And I loved that the spaciousness of the room. Staffs were all very nice and friendly. So was the housekeeper 10/10 for this stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew M, Front Office Supervisor at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your very kind words about our staff and our property. We pride ourselves on being able to make our guest feel as comfortable as possible when they stay with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to the Twin Cities.

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!