“Accommodating Staff, Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
New Jersey
“Accommodating Staff, Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a one night business stay in the area. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating for a few special needs requests. The room was clean and spacious but could use some updating of the bathroom cabinetry....not a deal breaker. The bed was very comfortable. Had breakfast downstairs where the service and food were above average. Overall an excellent value for the price. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and point out some of the changes to our hotel since your last stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place has lovely rooms, great pool, jacuzzi and workout room, located next to a big shopping mall. Great club room worth the upgrade. Beds are very comfortable. Staff was courteous and helpful. Big breakfast buffet in open area dining room.

Room Tip: it is worth it to get an upgrade to the club room for private computer use and television, snacks an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton M, Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad your stay went well. We hope we will see you back soon!
Roberts, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very fun to stay and swim just to take a break from the cold! I used my Starwood points and found it very hard to believe that within Starwood, this hotel is rated a 2. The check-in was quick and efficient, our room was ready upon arrival, but most importantly, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! The entire hotel is beautifully decorated and the pool and whirlpool area is just the right size and water is just the right temp!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Neil R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We are able to use your feedback to monitor our performance for all our future guests. We hope we will see you back soon!

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights over the holiday period while visiting friends and family. Staff were very friendly, the rooms were spacious and comfortable and the hotel itself was clean and very quiet. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, with a good variety of food on offer. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. We are working hard here at the Sheraton to make our property the best in the area. Thanks for the recommendation. Next time you're visiting the area, we hope you'll stay with us!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed here in the past and had a good experience. We stayed here during the recent Christmas holidays and again had a very good experience. We are Starwood Gold and received a free upgrade to the club floor at check in, which was a nice surprise when we arrived late on Christmas. The hotel is clean, was very quiet and the rooms are very spacious, especially the bathroom, which had ample counter space. The club lounge wasn't open over the holidays for food but it was very nice with a latte machine available 24 hours a day that made the cold Minneapolis mornings easier to take. Overall we enjoyed our stay and had no issues. The location is great, right off the highway and across from the mall. There were multiple options for meals very close to the hotel. We will be staying here again next time we are in Minneapolis!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the terrific recommendation! I am sorry the club lounge was closed during your stay. We have made changes and no longer close our club even during slow times. Please visit us again and print this review and we will upgrade you to our club level complementary.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for a football game. While its not close to the stadium...there were plenty on places to eat and shop all around! The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were quite large and very comfortable! I would for sure stay here again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a recent conference and really found it a pleasant surprise. When I had some confusion making my reservation about the corporate rate the staff was incredibly helpful and apologetic for what appeared to be a mutual misunderstanding.

When I arrived I like the fact they had a cool refreshing water urn--airplanes are quite dry. The front desk staff remembered the slight problem I had an upgraded me to their version of the concierge level. Very nice. Even without this club level access, I'm sure my stay would have been just an enjoyable (can you say that when you are attending a conference?) without that club access.

The design of the hotel was focused around a large atrium which made the place seen less boxy and just more open. Those long empty halls of the typical hotel can be exhausting so this was a welcome surprise. To be fair, I don't usually stay at Sheratons so I don't know how typical this is of their average design.

I did not partake of any of the in house dining options, save for the light appetizers and snacks in the Club level room. I loved the fact they had a do it yourself espresso machine so I could make myself a quad shot latte late at night as I prepared my remarks for the conference. Nearby and within walking distance were dozens of options but beware the mosquitoes in the summer there.

One of the really nice options I liked was the ability to decline housekeeping services in exchange for additional loyalty points or a $5.00 voucher to use in the bar. Smart way of rewarding environmentalism and saving money. I never make my bed at home and I was only staying for two nights so I decided I could leave my room messy.

The wifi was actually quite good in spite of a somewhat full hotel and the workout facility was exceptionally good for a hotel. A nice selection of cardio, universal and free weights.

My only complaint--no complimentary Wall Street Journal. Typically at a business hotel that's to be expected. USA Today is pretty much a staple at any hotel but at the concierge level I was kinda disappointed. Oh well!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!