“Decent Hotel to stay at” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Phoenix, Arizona
“Decent Hotel to stay at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was here for 4 nights for a business trip so I wasn't really in the room except for sleeping. Was your average Sheraton hotel, nothing outstanding but then nothing negative. Bed was comfortable. Room service menu was good, and quick to be delivered. The workout room was small but had everything I needed to get a workout in. Negative there was treadmills don't face the TV so if you are running it is boring with nothing to watch unless you look to your left. I used the shuttle bus and it was easy to setup. There is a mall across the street which was nice.

When I checked out an hour after I had room service breakfast it wasn't on my bill so the couldn't give me a final bill. I would say 75% of hotels have this issue and it is annoying as when you are doing an expense report you have an incomplete bill. The front desk said the would email an final bill when they had it and to their credit they did do it and I didn't have to follow up.

Overall decent hotel to stay in for work. Had an indoor pool I didn't use, would be good if you had kids. It was way outside of the city but was close to my work but if you were trying to stay in Minneapolis, this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this hotel on hotels.com at the last minute to take our son to look for an apartment in the cities. Got a nice rate for a two double bed room, with a fairly large outdoor balcony. While the room overall was clean, the walls were very scuffed and dirty-looking. The bed was very comfy, but a double bed doesn't work well for two adults. They were not able to meet my request for a room not by the elevator, but it was surprisingly quiet anyway, especially considering the U of M football team was staying there. Computer pod in the lobby with internet access was free and the complimentary Starbucks coffee was delish. Location was easy on and off Hwy 394 which was a plus. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently for several days of training. Staff was very attentive and accomodating. Facility is a little older but well maintained. Rooms were as expected and bed was very comfortable. The staff made the stay very nice.

• Stayed September 2012
Greer, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stay nearly exclusively in Sheratons and this one was just as good as all the others. The rooms were recently redone. The common areas were very nice. The pool area was also very good. It was a funny Sheraton though, kind looked like an Embasssy suites, you know the way the rooms all wrap around a central courtyard. We would definitey go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I chose your hotel as the main one for my wedding last Friday, August 31st. I was promised that my suite would be available to us at noon on that day, for us girls to get ready in. We got there about 15 minutes early and were told it wasn't ready yet. Finally, around 1pm, we were given a room. Due to the hour delay, we were late getting to our wedding venue for our pictures, which made everything go late for the rest of our special day.

The front desk woman was repeatedly rude to us.

The only good thing about staying here was that I sleep with a fan at home and they had one in our room.

When my new husband and I went to check out the next morning, she wouldn't even look at us. I put $85 cash on the counter and she walked away. She never said anything about delaying our wedding day, or even thanking us for staying there.

I will never recommend this hotel to anyone, nor will we be returning to any Sheraton. If we had known in advance that our room wouldn't be available when promised, we would've made other plans for getting ready for my wedding pictures. Ultimately, I wish I had chosen Country Inn for our guests and us to stay at for this irreplaceable occasion.

Room Tip: Go to Country Inn down the road, where they care about your happiness. If you don't follow that...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Il.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's an average Sheraton, nothing special. I was in town for a reunion so it was just fine to sleep. It would have depressed me if I was there on business and had to spend more time in the room. The room faced the indoor pool and had little natural sunlight.

It is close to many eating places being next to the mall. Redstones was very good and for breakfast there are many options close by including Panera.

Room Tip: Go for an outside facing room. Our room was an interior room facing the indoor swimming pool. Litt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Irvine, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked my room at this hotel because I was attending a party in the ballroom, so all I was really looking for was a place to sleep after the party. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfortable room. The bed and beddings made for a very nice nights sleep.

My room rate included a very nice breakfast buffet because I booked through AAA. The buffet in the lobby included very nice rolls, bagels, smoked salmon, cereals, fresh fruit and juices.

Hotel is just across the street from Ridgedale shopping center, and is convenient to all the western suburbs of Minneapolis. Downtown is easy to get to on I394 - a 15 minute drive most of the time.

I would definitely stay here again when I visit the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!