“Very nice, as long as your room is away from the pool” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Very nice, as long as your room is away from the pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We spent 2 nights here with a family group. The hotel is shaped somewhat like a figure-8, with rooms surrounding an open atrium on each side of the hotel: one atrium is the lobby, the other is the pool. My daughter & I had a very nice room and a lovely experience: our room was on the top floor, overlooking the lobby. My parents' room was on the main floor, next to the pool. The noise on the pool side was terrible. If I had a room there, I would have insisted I move. The rooms were very nice though, and service was good. Location near Ridgedale Mall was great. One comment on the hot tub: the jets were misaligned, so they shot water all over the pool walkway. Most people opted to just not use the jets, so it was just like sitting in a hot bathtub.

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
SheratonMplsWest, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Grace19,

Thank you for your feedback. You are correct that the pool area at times can be noisy during busy weekends. We are happy to accommodate those who request quiet rooms with a room in our lobby atrium. I wish we knew of the problem with your family members, we would have been happy to move them to a quieter area of the hotel. We will do our best to make sure you have a nice quiet room and great service on your next visit to the Sheraton Minneapolis West.

Best regards,
Dan Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Thank you For a very very enjoyable stay.
I stay at hotels across the USA and elsewhere, at least 150 nights per year.
I can tell when a hotel is managed top notch.
Yours was one of my best stays anywhere.
Reasons:
1. Approaching the hotel was easy, the entrance and parking very user friendly, and I knew already it was a good one.
2. The desk manager who answered my call before arrival - Rene'e - sounded extremely wise, kind, and amiable. She also was very helpful upon me requesting to arrive earlier than 3 pm and had a great room ready for me very early. She was very high class to deal with upon arrival too.
3. The lobby and architecture were very pleasing, different, and I loved going up the glass-walled elevator. A feeling of fun was everywhere, and great friendliness.
4. The room and facilities were top notch.
5. Small thing like complimentary water - 2 bottles per day - caught my eye. Almost everywhere else they charge 3-5 dollars per bottle. You were wise to give this small thing away, and gain a customer.
6. A very able and courteous, efficient and top notch receptionist by name of L. Amar took care of me as I waited a whole hour for fedex to deliver a big package that was overdue. I have encountered many receptionists, L. Amar and Renee were both of the highest quality from every point of view.
7. Every aspect of my stay was the best.

I hope to visit with your hotel again in the future,

Room Tip: All seem great
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mozar871,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,
Front Office Manger
Conn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

As a SPG Platinum I spend too many nights in hotels and as i drove up to this location I was a little nervous. But the atrium lobby was a wecome entrance, the front desk staff was efficient and pleasant and already had my key programmed and i was in-out in under 2 minutes.

The room is a little dated and no upgrade was available but access to the Club Lounge is a benefit of Platinum. Door to the room is extremely heavy. Overhead lights in the room need an upgrade. The room itself was extremely small for two beds and I would recommend a king unless two are absolutely required. Furniture is in bad condition, all scratched and needs immediate replacement. TV was a upgraded HD, internet access was available through wire or wireless, and the bathroom is larger than the Bloomington location, yet the SOT seemed smaller. The shower head worked fine and the temperature of the water was controllable (unlike Bloomington). The bath amenities include a few more items than Bloomington and there were more towels as well (I always need to call housekeeping for towels). Bed was very comfortable, in total 8 pillows. The HVAC system was a little loud but it worked waaaay better than Bloomington. My room overlooked a nice pond and was very quiet. Lounge food for cocktails was horrible, meatballs that I would not touch. Good selection of free sodas, but beer & wine was a fee based adventure (not good). Breakfast in the lounge had lots of choices from cold cereal to donuts, fresh fruit and oatmeal. They do not open til 630 (they need to open earlier). Price was about $30-35 overpriced for the hotel, should be $100-125, not $150+

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the common areas, the quietness of the room, the comfort of the bed, HVAC, bath and the staff. Downside was the room size was too small for the furnishings, the wood furnishings need replacement and the fee for beer/wine.

Room Tip: Even a Platinum does not get a good room, hard to.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
SheratonMplsWest, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. I'm pleased to hear the service you received was very good as we feel this is the strength of our hotel. We will definitely be looking into the areas you mentioned that need improvement and hope we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next visit. Again, thank you for the review, your business and loyalty.

Warm regards,
Front Office Manager
Matthews, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Sheraton should not lend their name to this hotel. This hotel is very dated. Im in a club level guest room and there is nothing luxurious or "club" level about it. The walls are scraped, the furniture is marked up and very old. The carpet is worn. The bathroom cabinets are beat up oak wood same thing with the doors. I feel like Im in a Motel 6.

Also, Im a Platinum level guest and they could not offer me any kind of an upgrade besides this crappy room. Even my colleagues who are not Platinum got a higher level room than I did.

The staff is not friendly or helpful at all. I asked for the air to be turned on since it was so stuffy and they stated they could not turn it on because it was only 36 degrees outside. So they brought me a fan that made noise which did not help so they took it out and fixed the clanking sound in the air fan but, no air just fan. To correct the air issue they opened my window.

I then called the front desk and asked to be upgraded to a suite and of course there was not a suite available.

So all in all, do not STAY here, its horrible. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Its an embarrassment to the Starwood resort name.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
dgordon61281, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the unsatisfactory accommodations and service. We take our guests comments very seriously and will work hard to improve our hotel for your next visit. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business as a Platinum member with Starwood

Warm regards
Wayzata, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The staff and accomodations at the Sheraton Minneapolis West were outstanding! Brian Piotrowski's work in making sure we had everything available to us that was needed went above and beyond! Thank you Brian!
Your server, Meir Amar(?) was incredible! What a benefit he is to your staff! Meir is nothing if not attentive and caring of each and every guest!
Thank you again for an successful Seminar for our company and a wonderful stay! (even though I live local and did not stay over, I heard the rooms were lovely and comfortable) BSchuett

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Minneapolis West and for acknowledging two of our outstanding associates. We feel very fortunate to have both Brian and Meir on our team. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you soon.

Warm regards
Hibbing, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

My family(wife, and 3 boys ages 8,4,2) and I stayed at this hotel during the state basketball tournament and it was well worth it. The AAA rate that we recieved was well below what you would need to pay to stay downtow. We were only a short drive from the Target Center, and since 394 runs directly into the ramps at Target Center and Target Field it was simple to go back and forth.

The pool area is amazing for children. The picture the hotel has does not do it any justice. The pool itself sits inside of a larger atrium type area with plenty of space to sit around with friends and family. There is ample space for children and families to have a great time.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Fresh Starbucks coffee was available near the bistro that is located by the front desk. The beds are comfortable and clean. Plenty of pillows and lots of space in the bathrooms which is helpful when traveling with little dudes.

Ridgedale Mall along with other shopping and eating places are also a stones throw away.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Mont Tremblant, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We are very pleased with the quality and service of the hotel for our event, everyone left very pleased. Kudos to the personnel who were really extraordinary starting with the sales department, group director and everyone involved. We had a great experience, the ballrooms for our sessions were comfortable and conveniently close to each other. The quality of Food and Beverage was great for our international group. The only only only thing that would make us not come back again next year is that people, including us as organizers were very uncomfortable with no safe deposit boxes in the rooms !!!! The rest was really extraordinary, thanks to all the people involved in the service...Fernando Compean

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel? Share your experiences!