“Wonderful Thanksgiving weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking!
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marshall, MN
“Wonderful Thanksgiving weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

We have stayed at The Marquette for both business and pleasure and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who needs a taste of luxury in downtown Minneapolis. The first time we stayed it was through a booking service and we thought we had hit the jackpot! Now we skip the service and book directly with the hotel. They have all the amenities you expect from a small, boutique hotel. Easy location with terrific parking, skyways all around for great access to shopping, a lovely lobby, attentive and sincerely helpful staff, and unbelievable rooms that you would expect to find at double the usual rates. Unscale decorating, high-end linens, great beds and pillows, everthing will happily surprise you when you stay. The on-site restaurant, Basil's, is wonderful, even when we stayed the first time and we ate there late on a Sunday night, usually a terible time for hotels and their restaurants. Check out their packages on holidays that include a brunch at "Windows on Minnesota", also another lucky find. This would be a great spot for weddings, etc...
We will continue to stay at The Marquette and highly recommend it to all our friends and colleagues. A little touch of elegance in a great locaton in downtown Minneapolis.

Stayed November 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
newark, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

I stayed two nights. Great rooms. Large. Comfortable. Great staff. Unbelievably convenient to the office towers connected to the hotel. Certainly for business travel its a great place and its my now my hotel in Minneapolis.

• Liked — Convenient; Clean; Modern
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
St. Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

In one word, our night was AMAZING!!!!!!! From the moment we walked into The Marquette we were treated like royalty. The front desk employees were polite, friendly and helpful. When we arrived in the Foshay Suite we were absolutely blown away by the room!! It was gorgeous! We could have stayed for a week and never missed home!

We had friends with us that evening and they, too, raved about the hotel. I can't put into words what a wonderful night we had!! THANK YOU!!!!!

• Liked — The amazing rooms with views and the food!
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!! WONDERFUL!!!! Only that we didn't stay longer!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

Stayed here for a night for work in December. I had stayed here 2 nights during the summer for pleasure.
Again, a great stay. Very attentive staff, excellent size and quality of rooms. Very nice bathroom with rainfall showerhead. Very quiet hallways. Business center is open 24/7...free internet access and free printing available -what a great perk. Basil's restaurant was good for breakfast.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Minnetonka, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

I had a nice stay at the Marquette. The rooms seemed much nicer from the last time I was there so I think they were renovated. I was on the club floor which may have had nicer rooms. Great windows overlooking downtown. Nice comfortable room and nice bathroom. Well located - can walk to anything downtown. Rate for the room was decent. Not much to complain about!

• Liked — very comfortable rooms, good location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

My son and I stayed at the Marquette 11/29 to 12/01 2008. The purpose of our trip was to stay the weekend and go to the Vikings game. I found the reviews so helpful that I thought it only fair to recipicate. This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and I wanted to go somewhere else for a change, but choose the Marquette based on the reviews, so here goes my take. Please keep in mind that I haven't stayed at any other hotel in Minneapolis.

The Positives:
1.) The hotel is extremely clean.
2.) The hotel staff was very friendly.
3.) The hotel is 2-3 blocks from the light train rail which is: 5 minutes to the Dome, 25 minutes to the airport, 40 minutes to Mall of America, 3 minutes to the Government Center. By the way, the LTR is very clean and affordable.
4.) The hotel is located in a mall area and everything in that district is within walking distance.
5.) The skywalk (which links all the downtown buildings together is a step off the elevator) (Not open 24 hours a day though).
6). Room service food was exellent. I define exellent as: Hot, tasty, timely and the operator and delivery people are polite.
7). The standard room was spacious with a HD tv and a nice walk in shower.

The Negatives:
1). No pool, the hotel offers the YMCA for $5 p.p. which is about 6 blocks away...It's December folks...The skyway was closed on Sunday, before 12...It was 15 degrees out. The YMCA staff was pleasant and the facility was updated. Suppose I should have taken a cab. Chlorine was extremly bad in pool.
2.) I hate to say it, but the hotel itself is kind of boring. No theme or fun stuff to do in the hotel itself. There is a bar on the side of the lobby, but it was closed, maybe because it was Thanks Giving weekend.

One last thing...my room was suppose to be $165 a night, but got a winter special for $95 a night...That's a big deal and effects my review.

Hope you find this useful

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No Pool
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I stayed with my family of 4 at the Marquette over Thanksgiving. We had a great time. The room we stayed in was the King exec. suite. We got upgraded from the Jr. suite...just by asking! The exec. lounge was closed due to the Holiday so they provided free breakfast daily for the entire family. We could either go to the restaurant or have room service which is what we choose every day. The fact that we had until 11:00am to eat breakfast worked great for our family. The food was fantastic and the service was just as good. Our server, Angel, was very friendly and added to our experience. What I liked most was the room. It was unreal. Very clean and extremely spacious. The jacuzzi tub was to die for. If there was a negative it was very minor...and that was that the refridg. was not very cold and the only sink was in the bathroom. But my husband and I both thought we got a lot for our $ at the Marquette.

• Liked — The Great room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!