“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking!
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bismarck, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We always stay at downtown Minneapolis hotels when we come there, but had never stayed at the Marquette. We were pleasantly surprised--it's a beautiful, quiet, clean hotel--but still in the middle of all the action of downtown Minneapolis. We loved our stay--and hope to stay there many times again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Saint Peter, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel staff were friendly and the bed is comfortable, but the hotel is run down. We tried several ice machines before finding one that worked. Our fridge was broken. We wished we would have stayed somewhere else for our one night away from our kids. The breakfast in the executive lounge was great compared to the rest of our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Marquette2, Public Relations Manager at The Marquette, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Amber-
I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me or if you are ever in the city again please contact me directly. We would love to have you stay with us again so we can make your next experience an enjoyable one.
Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.
Summer Villani
summer.villani@hilton.com
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was an absolutely lovely hotel. Chic, modern, clean, and right downtown. You are within walking distance of excellent restaurants and other entertainment. My fiancé chose this spot for our family to stay and I couldn't praise him enough for choosing such an incredible hotel. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone-whether it's family, business, couples, girls/guys trip…..it was right in the midst of a variety of excitement yet the rooms were quiet at night for good sleep. Very comfortable beds as well and they do have roll away beds if needed for the kids ($20/night).

Room Tip: The corner rooms have wrap around windows! :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great rooms that are both comfortable and clean. I love staying at this hotel. The room service food is probably one of the best I've had. Good service too! If highly recommend staying here for business or pleasure. The location is convenient as well.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I am a picky traveler and I honestly cannot think of anything bad about my experience. Room is very roomy, nice decor - I loved my bathroom. The hotel is connected to the skyway so if you take the elevator to the 2nd floor walk out make a right, boom, Starbucks! This one opens at 530a. I went to the gym, it was small but fine. Staff was very helpful. The hotel bar off of the lobby was fine, nice waitress and we tried a lot of the food- good. The hotel is about a block and a half from the Mary Tyler-Moore statue. If you can stay at this hotel, then do. The price is very fair. I have paid more for a lot less.

• Stayed May 2014
Savage, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Everyone from the moment we stepped foot in the lobby were so kind and helpful. Made me feel at ease immediately. We encountered the front desk, restaurant, bar, Executive lounge, etc...staff, and each time greeted with a smile and genuine attention. The food was excellent also!! I'm normally uncomfortable with heights, but our room was especially welcoming and the 14th floor didn't seem quite so high! It was wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Syracuse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have stayed at The Marquette Hotel twice now while traveling for work and I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the accommodations. It makes all the difference in the world how you are treated upon arrival and these folks put me in a great mood after a long tiring trip. The rooms are lovely and the views wonderful. I also have to call out the staff in the executive lounge as they were so attentive and nice. The food in the lounge was also excellent as were the views and seating. I strongly recommend this hotel for your next business trip to Minneapolis!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!