“Loved this Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

Save Saved
You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved this Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We loved this hotel. Definitely try it. The lobby was average (the lounge was closed for remodelling), but everything else was great. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The room was spacious, clean and inviting. The other shops in the IDS complex offered a lot. We loved it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boca Raton Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is located in the ids building right in the middle of downtown minneapolis and most important for the most part you never have to go out side because of the sky way system.
I arrived late at night and the front desk was very friendly and suggested a place I could walk to for a late meal.
The room was very large and modern, I was thankful for the strong hot shower to take some of the winter cold away.
The hotel is historic in a way as the restaurant was featured on the marry Tyler Moore show.
If you are traveling for business this is a top location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at the Marquette because of the proximity to the Metrodome. We arrived right at 3 and the bell hop was very helpful with explaining the parking and checking in process. The underground parking is a pretty decent deal - $17 from Saturday at 3 until Sunday at 6pm. This worked out perfect for us to be able to walk to and from the game without having to move our vehicle anywhere. The room itself was nice - great view from out 14th floor, comfortable beds, nice size TV, desk, and corner chair. However, there were a few "issues" about it that I would like to point out. The sink in the bathroom was clogged - it would eventually go down, but there is definitely some sort of problem with it. The "mini bar" that we were made aware of was an empty refrigerator that was not cold. I am not sure if it wasn't plugged in or if it just wasn't working, but I don't think you can consider that a mini bar. Also, we noticed that one of our bed's comforters had some sort of stain on the edge of it. It looked like it may have been an old set in blood stain. Possibly something that could have been overlooked after being cleaned, but needless to say, I slept with just the sheets on. I do agree with the constant sirens going off- but that will come with any downtown area of a city, so that doesn't bother me.

The part that really bothered me was the front desk. We got a great deal through Priceline on this room back in May. Our agreed price was $104, but the bill that was slid under our door was $194. We went down to the front desk to get it worked out, but the front desk person had no idea how to help. He changed the story a few times saying "We can't see how much your room is, only Priceline can," or "You'll pay whatever you agreed to, we just gave you that receipt to show the parking fee," and finally, "Have you checked your credit card receipt? No prices are changed until the minute that they charge you." ... So of course, I was confused and getting a little irritated. We asked for the manager. Instead the front desk man took our confirmation page from Priceline to the manager. Fortunately, when the man came back, he gave us a new bill for the $104 amount. But no face-to-face contact with the manager them-self and what is worse - not ONE apology or "sorry for the inconvenience" from the front desk man.

I would consider coming back to this hotel if there weren't any other available in the Downtown area. The location really is great.

Room Tip: Higher floors for the sirens and the view! :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I visited downtown Minneapolis for a work event in the beginning of November and stayed at the Marquette Hotel for three days. My stay there was great, the staff greeted me with smiles, were always cheery and helpful. Even the cleaning ladies would greet me in the hallways and ask if there was anything I needed. The room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was also spacious and fresh looking.
One evening a couple of coworkers joined me for a drink at the lobby bar and we had a great time meeting other visitors. Some of my coworkers stayed at the Hilton a couple of days before I arrived, and mentioned how the Marquette was much better looking than the Hilton. All in all I would definitely stay at the Marquette again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bismarck
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is pretty much the perfect place to stay when we come to town for a Vikings game. The Dome is within walking distance. We got a winter getaway package with a great rate and free parking, which is in an easy underground ramp with a card you can swipe as many times as you want coming and going. We also got free breakfast in their restaurant. It was nothing special but certainly a nice perk, along with free wi-fi and access to the top floor lounge w/free food and drinks in the evening. Friendly staff, great room, nice location. And they even accept pets! We will be back.

Room Tip: Book a room on an upper floor, which comes with access to the exec lounge (free food, drinks and wi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We just stayed at The Marquette for a Timberwolves game on a Friday night. We arrived around 6 and were immediately checked in. The front desk was great, welcomed me as a Honors member and gave me inside directions to the Target Center, a great piece on information as it was 5 degrees outside. We were on the 17th floor in a 1 bedroom suite, the décor was updated and modern, the views were truly beautiful overlooking the Foshay Tower. Our room had a large living room and a separate bedroom. Ideal for anyone looking for some additional room to work or entertain in. We had access to the 19th floor executive lounge for both an evening reception as well as a light breakfast. This was a nice touch, however the "breakfast in bed" menu looked delicious and we will definitely ordering off of it next time.

The only other big piece of information that I can share about the hotel is that the service is prompt, courteous and professional, however it was the immaculate attention to cleanliness that impressed both my wife and I. We travel a lot and we both noticed how clean both the room and the entire hotel is. The Marquette is a great example of what a downtown hotel should be. We will definitely be back and want to thank the team there for such a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at the Marquette on a business trip this week and had a wonderful stay. I have status with Hilton so I was on the executive floor...not sure if I had an average room but it was spacious, clean and I wanted to bring the shower home with me!!

Pluses...location - surrounded by shopping in the Nicollet mall area...2 blocks to the train...plenty of restaurants and attached to the skyway. Room service was excellent and quick.

Minuses...one thing I always comment on is hot water...the shower was awesome and in the evening more hot water than you could ask for...in the am around 6.30? Not so much...tepid one morning and warmish another...grrrr. The only other minus was the slow elevators...being on the top floor it was kind of irksome...but it would not stop me from staying there again.

Beautiful hotel and great service!!

• Stayed November 2013

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!