“Spacious and modern room with a great view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

Save Saved
You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #3 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Spacious and modern room with a great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location of the hotel is great. Some friends and I spent the night here recently in one of the Executive Floor Suites. The size of the room was great, very spacious with a separate living area and separate bedroom. We had a fantastic view from our room overlooking the Foshay Tower. Overall, the room was perfect. Didn't deal much with the staff. The plaza right outside of one of the hotel entrances was very neat. Highly recommend this hotel. I've been to many different hotels in downtown Minneapolis since staying at The Marquette and none of them can compare. Will definitely be going back next opportunity that comes up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Let me start by staying, the customer service at the Marquette was absolutely phenomenal. I stayed here for business and was expecting a number of packages. When I asked the front desk if they had arrived, I was told they had not received any packages in my name. They then spent the next hour calling all other hotels in the area trying to track them down until they ultimately found them at the other Hilton. I was very impressed and truly grateful for them having done that; I can't think of many other hotels who would go through all of that trouble.

The hotel itself is in a terrific location, right in the middle of downtown and attached to skywalk with shops and restaurants all around. It is very clean and up to date, with very spacious rooms and bathrooms. The fitness center is a bit small but it gets the job done and gives you a nice view while you workout. With this location you can walk everywhere, but on the off chance you need a taxi, the bellhops out front get them almost instantly. They even helped me out when I needed to get back to the airport by setting up a private car which was actually half the price of what a taxi would cost! Again, I can not say enough about the great people who work at the Marquette, they made my stay very pleasant! I will be staying here every time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Fabulous hotel, it is close to everything in the downtown minneapolis area. The hotel staff is great.,rooms are large and clean. We have stayed at the hotel many a time. Love the restaurant upstairs . The food is very good and you get to sit at Mary Tyler Moore's favourite table . Great Hotel to stay at!!

Room Tip: corner rooms are bigger, we had a great city view. higher floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear PJ&LM,

Thank you for your terrific feedback! We always enjoy hosting our neighbors from the north, and correct me if I'm wrong but Happy Thanksgiving to you today (10/14)!

Thank you again for making our hotel your home away from home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently came back from a three night stay at The Marquette for a conference with a friend. Upon check in I asked if there were any upgrades and was given a beautiful large room on the 15th floor, it was roomy, clean and comfortable. The staff at the hotel were all so helpful and friendly. The hotel itself was the perfect location, you walked out into a large courtyard that connected you to the skyway, restaurants and shops......it was unbelievable. Minneapolis is a great city with so much to offer, I will definitely put this city back on my list to RE-VISIT.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great location in downtown Minneapolis near a lot of good restaurants and bars. The room we stayed on was spacious and had great views of downtown. Parking is not bad on the weekends ($17/day) and easy to access in and out - don't bother with the valet at twice the price. Fitness room is adequate. Service was good even though the lobby can be busy at times given location near public plaza with lots of passersby. Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Executive room floors have access to executive lounge with nice breakfast option, and corner rooms h...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JTravelBuddy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - we certainly do appreciate hearing feedback and suggestions from our guests. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay, and being that Wausau is just a couple hours away, we sure hope to see you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

15th floor got me a view over the neighboring rooftops. i had to turn the jet engine air handlers off so i could get a bit of peace. the windows would be able to open if they had crank handles...so bring your own if you like fresh air. staff friendly enough. location great for meetings. street noise present.

Room Tip: as high as possible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Decatur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It is unfortunate that I have to write this review. On the outside, the hotel is great. Clean rooms, nice views and comfortable beds. However, the attention to detail to their guests' needs are completely out of line with the hotel. The Marquette booked a group of rooms for the Twin Cities Marathon and marketed themselves as a hotel for marathoners to stay. That is why I chose to stay with them and that was my grave mistake. This hotel was NOT equipped at all for us! First, they did not offer a late checkout for any of us; it was not physically possible (even if you were an elite athlete) to get through the marathon (which finishes in St. Paul) and back to the hotel, shower and be out by 12:00. I tried several times to request and plead with the assistant manager and she wouldn't budge. Finally, she agreed to let me keep my room until 1:00 and charged me half of a day's rate! As I later learned, several other runners just didn't checkout and weren't penalized at all. Additionally, where normal "race ready" hotels would have breakfast options for their guests early in the morning, The Marquette had nothing! No restaurants open until 7:00 and no room service chance until at least 6:30. So, I ordered the night before a couple of bananas, yogurt and a bagel, thinking I'd keep them fresh until the morning. My $26 breakfast that arrived were two badly bruised and split bananas, yogurt and plan bagel. I thought it would be fine to just keep the yogurt in my refrigerator...that was until I realized it wasn't even working! Upon my checkout, the manager once again said there was nothing she could do; didn't even apologize and stuck me with the charges. Total bill for one night: $436!! What should it have been? $270 TOPS (including tax and room service).
Again - for me it was all in the details. All of the negative things that happened nearly ruined my experience for my first marathon; thankfully, the rest of my stay in Minneapolis was the exact opposite than my stay at the Marquette.
I will never return and highly recommend any other athletes to strongly reconsider their options if the Marquette offers rooms again next year for the race. They are NOT race friendly nor are they even friendly at all!

Room Tip: If you are a runner for any of the Minneapolis races - DO NOT STAY HERE!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Lesley C,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us at our hotel. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise as we look to better our property. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.
Thank you again for your feedback regarding how better to serve athletes for a major event and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you're in town!

Best regards,
Lisa Heller

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!