“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay & Park!
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minnesota
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a corner room on the 14th floor. We went to put our baby's milk in the fridge and there was no temp control. We called the front desk and they sent up someone to look at and he said nah its just a crappy fridge. Called back down to the front desk and they told me I could pay an additional $25 for a fridge or store it behind the front desk. If you have ever had a baby wake up at 2 am going down to the front desk is not ideal. We opted to fill the sink with ice. We then took the cushions off the couch to see if it was a pull out and there was quite a bit of garbage in the couch including have a pill in plain site good thing we found it before the baby since he puts everything in his mouth. I am already beyond annoyed and then I try to log onto the internet to check on plans for the night and apparently it is only free to Gold members. Parking was awful, the halls were loud at night (someone was screaming in the hall way at 3 am and I was holding my breath that the baby would not wake up cause it woke me up), could hear sirens from the street all night long, the elevators and rooms were hot. We would never stay here again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marquette2, Public Relations Manager at The Marquette, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Frogger22,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again.
I would like to speak to you off line about this to better understand how we can improve, please contact me at 612.333.4545 or email me at Marquetteinfo.com.
In the meantime, if you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Summer Villani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at this property on July 4 and were very much pleased. First, we used the "senior" rate which was very affordable. Next, you cannot beat the location. Located on the corner of Marquette and 7th, the hotel is convenient to many downtown attractions, especially the numerous businesses on Nicollet Mall. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The room was roomy and well appointed. The staff was courteous and profession. Finally, we had breakfast in the restaurant and found the menu to be interesting, offering a variety of choices--many healthful. I would definitely recommend that people consider the Marquette if they are looking for a good property in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Shoreview, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was impressed with the assistance that everyone provided me. I felt that I was treated with super star treatment. I would recommend the Marquette Hotel to all my collegues. I throughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Tomah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

For a nominal cost I got the upgrade to a corner room - 11th floor - fabulous view for a country mouse - the room was a delight, stellar bath, mini fridge, superb king bed - all in all a first rate spacious accommodation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The Marquette was great. We pulled up and checked in. We dropped off our bags in the room and then parked in the garage. The room was great. We one king bed and a nice tv. The bathroom was nice and clean. The hotel was in walking distance to the twins stadium. It was a great stay

• Stayed June 2013
Davidson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a spot. The Marquette is within walking distance of all the best shopping and restaurants. The Convention Center is also a short walk away. I love this hotel. The rooms are contemporary, but a little bit stuffy and dark because it's an older building. That's my only complaint. Everything else was wonderful. The staff was so nice, so helpful. We really loved this place. We'll stay again, that's for sure. By the way, the bellman (wish I got his name) was one of the nicest, most courteous bellman we've encountered since we had the pleasure of meeting the legendary "Kenny" at the Ritz Carlton in Boston many years ago.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't looking into the indoor atrium. That way your surroundings will be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
apple valley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I left this one night stay for a wedding in Minneapolis with only one complaint - that I could not enjoy another night!!! Best bed and pillows and linens I have ever slept on - I even ordered the pillows for my bed at home the next day. Clean, spacious, quiet, and all the hotel employees were polite , respectful and helpful. I couldnt have asked for more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!