“Good Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

Save Saved
You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay & Park - from $114
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
San Francisco, California
“Good Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend. The room is large and clean. The staff is nice.
The hotel WiFi is operated by AT&T. Since I have AT&T internet at home so I can log in to the hotel WiFi network for free. The hotel is only few blocks from the light rail station which can get to the airport and mall of america.

I have nothing to complain about the hotel. However the Minneapolis downtown area is kind of dead during the weekend daytime. There is not many people even in the downtown shopping malls. The downtown is just not that big. I would think all the downtown hotels can be called good location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 15 or so years, but have not had an opportunity to be in Minneapolis for awhile. I was most pleased that not only was is as great as I recalled but actually better then my expectations. The staff was truly professional and genuinely friendly and helpful - not forced like so many places now, from check in to the housekeeping staff truly wonderful. The location is perfect no matter what location in the city center one needs to visit and close to many great places to eat, from convenient locations in the atrium on the first floor to many of my favorites on and off the walking mall next to the hotel . The room was so comfortable and relaxing - the bed was wonderful to sleep in. The desk was perfect to work from and since I travel a lot the hotel room is really my office and this one just work so well for me. The cleanliness from the bathroom, room and the corridors was exceptional. I usually do not take a car when I am in the city center, but needed to on this trip. The garage is convenient with easy access to the lobby via elevator, it can be a little challenging to get into during rush hour traffic - but there was a policemen directing traffic that was accommodating to get me, so this was well orchestrated and not a problem. I will not hesitate to stay here again for business or pleasure and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed on many different floors and sides and not disturbed so I think any work.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'd agree with other reviewers that while not really boutique in feel (it feels like a normal, higher end business hotel), The Marquette certainly delivers. My king room was surprisingly large, certainly larger than most king rooms I've stayed in. Not only that, but it was well laid out so that from both the bed and desk, the TV was easily accessible. The front desk staff was pleasant when I arrived rather late in the evening, which I always appreciate. My stay was comped as part of a conference I was participating in, so I can't speak to value, but if it is in line with other comparable hotels (Marriott, Sheraton, etc.), it is certainly worth it, particularly given the location in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South Wales, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Spent the weekend downtown whilst working in Minneapolis. This hotel is very central connected to he skyway system and Macy's department store. I had an executive room with access to the lounge which was OK but not up to the standard of other Hiltons I have stayed at. Breakfast was taken in Basil's restaurant and was typical American choice and of a good quality.

Front desk service was very good and the room was of a high quality, very clean and quiet. The hotel bar was small and drinks are expensive as you would expect in a Hilton.

Good quality base in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are nicely furnished and very clean. Nothing good can be said re: the staff. An incompetent check in led to a manager attempting to enter my room, while a do not disturb sign was on the door. I complained to the front desk re: the managers rude behavior and actions and was met with shrugs. I tried to resolve it via email after my stay with a poor response.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Arene_11,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Lisa Heller
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I got a great price on a King Suite. It was a room on the end thus very spacious, quiet, and luxurious. A great downtown location. Although I thought $13/day for internet was pretty steep. You have to be a Gold or Platinum guest to get free internet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Everything worked as expected, I stayed at the Marquette for 6 nights and all went well. Perfectly located in downtown Minneapolis and within walking distance of Target field and Target center. You can't do much better than The Marquette

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Papasos99,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and were thrilled to read that after a 6 night stay with us you had favorable comments. We hope you choose to stay with us again should your travels from Melbourne bring you back to Minneapolis.
Lisa Heller

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!