I have stayed at the Marquette before and was pleased; but, this visit showed their lack of attention to detail. Checked in at about 4pm on Sunday. Hotel seemed deserted but we were not offered an upgrade which I'm used to getting for being a HH member. The room was nice, appeared clean but we kept finding lapses in housekeeping which led us to wonder if the room had been properly cleaned. No washcloths. Only one wine glass in mini-bar. Hair in trap of shower. Only one bed side lamp worked.
We dined in Basil's for breakfast which we had done the last time we visited. It was OK...nothing to rave about. The employees seemed almost annoyed that we kept asking for coffee. The wait staff should take care that their uniforms are clean. The host didn't offer us a morning paper and gave us menus with food stains on them. He had been reading the paper when we arrived. We also had a drink in the lobby lounge the night before. The server was quick to mention that last call was in about 15 minutes and didn't really want to serve me hot tea. She did bring a pot of water but only 2 tea bags to choose from and no cream, sugar or lemon.
If you are looking for an exclusive feeling hotel with above standard service and amenities, this probably isn't it. I do like the location for downtown shopping and theater.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious, contemporary-style hotel offers generous-sized rooms and some with computers and whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Hilton Hotels Minneapolis