“very clean- just a couple little improvements” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

Save Saved
You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay & Park - from $114
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“very clean- just a couple little improvements”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

well i will agree that the front desk could be a tad more friendly, the young men working as valets were VERY nice, our room was nice, nice, nice and clean. i didnt hear any noise from other rooms, and just a few times could hear conversation as people walked by or the staff opened the service door. i loved the style of room and the bedding and pillows were very comfy. a few more towels in the room wouldve been great. i know we couldve called down for more, just thought it was odd that a executive room had just 2 large towels. i loved the robes, one robe was in a bit of disrepair and couldve used some mending. the breakfast was very nice in the exec lounge and the 2 staff that were working at that were awesome.
im not sure if turn-down service is included in exec level rooms, but our room was the same when we returned from going out that night. also i mentioned that it was my boyfriend's b-day- wouldve been nice if any type of comp would have been offered or included.
one other thing, one of the chairs by the desk had a rip on the side. None of this was worth calling down to front desk for, just should be addressed at some time.
the rain showerhead was awesome, i wish it wouldve had enough pressure to get showerhead and handheld to work at same time.

this was an awesome place and will be staying there again, i hope.

Room Tip: when you get your room confirmation e-mail, you can request extra towels and pillows, i recommend th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Wren5967,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We've shared these with maintenance, housekeeping and the front desk, to ensure you don't experience anything like this again.
We know La Crosse is just a short 2.5 hour drive away and would certainly appreciate it if you stayed with us again next time you visit the Twin Cities.
Lisa Heller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked a King Bed room through a travel site and got a pretty great deal (I'm talking less than $90 a night including room tax etc. great). Once we got to The Marquette, we checked in with the very courteous front desk staff and went up to our room. I was surprised to see how HUGE the room was -- I think she may have actually upgraded to a deluxe room as it was in the corner and even had an alcove at the entrance. The windows wrapped around the entire bedroom and we had nice views all around. There was large desk which was perfect for me as I needed to log in some work hours while I was in Minneapolis.

We paid to self-park -- the price differs depending on the day (weekdays are slightly more than weekends). Some packages include parking, but ours did not. Again, we were paying very little, so it was definitely still a great value. They give you a plastic card (not unlike another room key) to swipe at the garage to get in and out. Once you pay, you have the card for your stay so you can go in and out of the garage multiple times a day and still only get charged once for the day. Pretty convenient.

My only complaint was around the internet/WiFi. Again, I didn't mind that we had to pay for it in our room as it is a common practice in many more "upscale" hotels. You have a choice for standard internet or premium. Presumably the "premium" service is faster for streaming and VPN. I purchased the premium service since I would have to do some teleworking. I was disappointed to find that the internet connection would only work for one device. While I was prepared to have to log-on from different devices to share one connection, it was not clear in the documentation that you could not switch between devices. Since I purchased the premium service off of my iPad, I was not then able to disconnect my iPad from the internet and pull it up on my laptop. So much for teleworking.

Still, I was pleased with my stay. The accommodations were clean and comfortable, the hotel was beautiful, and staff was courteous. It was a great value!

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I came to Minneapolis for a three day volleyball tourney. The hotel is very nice but downtown isn't a great place to be on the weekend. Not the hotels issue but nothing was open! I would love to come back to the Marquette on a business trip but if your looking for a family hotel I'd skip it and not stay downtown at all. Only place I've been that Starbucks are closed on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

• Stayed April 2013
Chetek, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Room was quiet and clean. Very nice location downtown, with access to skyway system, very nice especially in cold months. Interactions with staff at front deal were average at best, everyone was nice enough, just not overly peraonable. However when we saw the room cleaner in the hallway, she was more friendly than staff at desk. Beds were quite hard, but acceptable.

• Stayed April 2013
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed there for a 15yo volleyball tourney. Not age appropriate for them. No pool, nothing open w/in walking distance, 8p & after. Skywalk was nice, but, portions closed so had to walk outside(snowstorm) from the convention center.
Rooms very nice, loved the bedding, bath, rooms large & roomy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Although the hotel was a little pricier than others, it was well worth it. It was very quiet, and I hardly saw another person – guest or employee. The king-size bed, corner room I had chosen was far too big for me. However, it had a large desk facing the TV and enabled me to finish a lot of work. The bed and linens were A-1. The bathroom was huge. I had ordered room service, and the food was outstanding -- not cheap though. The negatives: I had to have the heat disconnected -- maybe it’s a Minnesota thing but you'd expect people there to be used to the cold. The room could use detailing -- such as a paint touch-up, repair to some of the furniture, and a deep clearing. I peeked into the heating unit when attempting to disconnect it and found about 10 years of dirt. I found a couple of crushed beer cans under the couch. The room though was quite clean, visibly at least. I would definitely stay there if I return to downtown Minneapolis.

Room Tip: A corner room is very large. The restaraunt in the hotel (or room service) is outstanding.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here to attend an event at the Target Center. Staff is very knowledgeable of the area and we were greeted warmly at reception. The accommodations are comfortable, and the location is perfect! There are Peter Roth soap and shampoo products with a wonderful massaging bath bar to use in the shower. The shower has an overhead rain shower spray head, with a hand held option as well. Be careful on the tile floor though as it can be slippery when wet. We were in an alcove room right outside the elevator. Parking ramp is well lit and easy to get in and out of. Rooms have Lavazza coffee and a variety of in room snack and bar options. Would definitely stay here again! Consistent Hilton property - thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!