“beautiful room, cold shower” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking!
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
LaCrosse
“beautiful room, cold shower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Huge corner room with a king bed. Stayed overnight for show in the theater district and really enjoyed this hotel. Only complaint was that the shower was cold the next morning. Nice view of downtown. It was rainy all day, so the access to the skyway system was a great plus.

Room Tip: Corner alcove king room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place. The rooms are large, luxurious and clean. The bathrooms are modern. You can't find a better location in mpls. The rooms can be a little loud but otherwise perfect. An excellent value for weekend stays.

• Stayed October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I recently stayed here for my birthday weekend. I was very happy with my room. It was a huge corner suite with ample room, including a desk that came in very handy. The bathroom was nice, with a GIANT glass shower that I very much enjoyed. The location was great...right on Nicollet Mall and close to everything I needed. The service was very good, too. I wasn't disturbed and didn't even have to go to the desk to check out. My only gripe was the room service. While fast, it was really expensive for a wedge of romaine with some stuff on top, and what amounted to potato chips, but this is more the restaurant's fault than the hotel's. Also, there was no pool, which was a little disappointing, but in downtown you don't get great pools anyway, so not a big deal. Overall I really enjoyed my stay, and we'll probably stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have stayed here twice. It's a great location for a night out downtown. Perfect walking distance to many bars and restaurants. We both times chose the Alcove room with the King bed. The alcove rooms are in the corner with great windows on two sides, with great views of downtown. We were able to open the windows and hear music being played by street performers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I do five or six weekends in Minneapolis each year and are always looking for cool places to stay downtown. We chose the Marquette this trip because I found a good deal on the deluxe executive level view room. An initial benefit to the Marquette is the relatively inexpensive parking that is heated and very close to the lobby of the hotel. The design of the hotel and rooms is nice, but unfortunately on this trip, the room we were given had the optional adjoining room door to connect it and the room next to it. You wouldn't think it is a big deal, except the people in the next room were very loud ALL NIGHT LONG. Their voices were so clear that you felt like they were in the same room with you. My normally heavy sleeping wife, barely got any rest, and I got none. Not being the fussy type, we initially thought they would quiet down, and therefore did not attempt to change rooms. However, if the hotel actually had better doors on their connecting rooms, I doubt it would be a problem. So a word of caution - make sure you don't get a room that can connect another unless you plan to use it that way. Regarding the executive lounge, which we have used on a previous trips, the hors d'oeuvres are mediocre, drinks expensive, and continental breakfast more continental than a low end motel. Unfortunately this will be our last try at the Marquette, there are other places.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that connects another unless you plan to use it that way.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Build2travel,
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Lisa Heller
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here on business in March 2013

The Marquette is very conveniently located in downtown Minneapolis. It has a very warm inviting boutique hotel feel, with a extremely well trained staff, and friendly service from arrival to departure.

Checkin / Valet went very smooth, I was assisted with my bag into the hotel, check in went quickly, the front desk staff was easily able to make a quick adjustment to my room so I could check in a little early. I received my Hilton Diamond upgrade--which is frequently becoming rare--and was given a very nice corner room on the 17th floor.

Room is nicely updated, with a marble foyer, and a nice mini-bar/coffee bar area. Nice large bathroom, good sized desk, nice linens with a duvet, plush bathroom, all in all, very plush, especially considering the rate was less than $200 for a weeknight.

The executive lounge was staffed, with a very nice selection of appetizers and cheeses, complimentary soft drinks and a self-serve honor bar stocked with good choices of spirits and wine and beer.

The executive lounge was also stocked well for breakfast with cold breakfast items, bakery items, and fresh coffee, juice and milk. A very nice amenity that is not often executed as well as The Marquette does.

Bar was staffed by a professional, he made perfect cocktails, and they have a menu of very tasty twists on classic cocktails. He was friendly, had good advice on local restaurants, and remembered my name when I stopped back in after dinner.

Direct access to the skyway, while not necessary on my visit as the weather was wonderful, is a nice feature as well.

Fitness Center was well equipped with well maintained equipment, tv's that worked, and plenty of space.

Room Tip: High room to avoid street noise, and a corner room to get away from elevator noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Clear Lake, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a great time in Minneapolis with the Minnesota Twins. We saw two winning games, plus the stay at the Marquette made it a home run. This property is a great location with convenient, clean parking. We had a two room suite. It was well appointed but, a little dated. At first I was a little worried since our room was truly next to the elevators. However the design of the room made it so while sleeping you heard no elevator. You could hear it in the main room but not the bedroom.
We had a few drinks in the lobby bar and enjoyed the atmosphere and other patrons. Yes we will stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!