My wife and I do five or six weekends in Minneapolis each year and are always looking for cool places to stay downtown. We chose the Marquette this trip because I found a good deal on the deluxe executive level view room. An initial benefit to the Marquette is the relatively inexpensive parking that is heated and very close to the lobby of the hotel. The design of the hotel and rooms is nice, but unfortunately on this trip, the room we were given had the optional adjoining room door to connect it and the room next to it. You wouldn't think it is a big deal, except the people in the next room were very loud ALL NIGHT LONG. Their voices were so clear that you felt like they were in the same room with you. My normally heavy sleeping wife, barely got any rest, and I got none. Not being the fussy type, we initially thought they would quiet down, and therefore did not attempt to change rooms. However, if the hotel actually had better doors on their connecting rooms, I doubt it would be a problem. So a word of caution - make sure you don't get a room that can connect another unless you plan to use it that way. Regarding the executive lounge, which we have used on a previous trips, the hors d'oeuvres are mediocre, drinks expensive, and continental breakfast more continental than a low end motel. Unfortunately this will be our last try at the Marquette, there are other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious, contemporary-style hotel offers generous-sized rooms and some with computers and whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Hilton Hotels Minneapolis