“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking!
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mankato, Minnesota
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Theany at the front desk was very helpful and kind! Great customer service skills and knowledgeable. I have worked in the hotel industry for over 12 years and I know how hard it can be to take complaints at the front desk. They have a very hard job and she makes it look easy. The Marquette is very lucky to have such an outstanding individual on their staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. We had a good experience.The Lounge and Restaurant is well stocked.
The restaurant opens into the atrium and have a very open feel.The service in the restaurant is excellent. The only sad part was i left something in the room and hoped to have it shipped to me. It was not valuable....just important to me. The hotel staff could not find it or locate it after i left.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed 1 night in an executive king room. It was an overnight get-a-way for my husband and me. The joke is that he expects we'll have to switch rooms 3 times before I'll be satisfied, but as soon as we entered the room I loved it. But to back up, we had booked this room with a non-refundable rate with no extras. Although not a big deal, we did also get a $5 discount on parking in the garage which brought the cost to $15. With in/out privileges until 6pm the next day, we didn't think that was half bad. Check in was very quick and we got the run down on the executive lounge perks. From 5-7pm there were free appetizers in the lounge on the 19th floor for only those staying on the executive floors. The staff person was very gracious. You may purchase drinks in the lounge, too. The next morning included a continental breakfast which was perfect and included things like oatmeal, cereal, toast, fruit, hard boiled eggs, beverages, and more. Again, gracious helpful staff.
Our room was nicely set up with a bar area that included a mini-bar fridge with items for purchase. We were still able to fit in our own items, too. It was actually nice to see they supplied not only regular glasses but two wine glasses as well and bottle opener. The room was large with a nice view of the Foshay and other downtown buildings. The bathroom was also very nice with the toilet separated from the main area. Really, the room was perfect for a couples weekend.
The hotel is conveniently located to several great bars and restaurants. We were able to spend some time people watching at the W bar (really you need to go there if, like us, you don't get out like this too often).
The room was very quiet. We would have thought we were alone on our floor if we hadn't heard some people in a room near the elevators as we were passing.
Overall, I'd look forward to staying again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room on the executive floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boise, ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed one night for a winter rate of 70.00. For this price, it was very nice. A large room with windows on two sides of the skyline, nice furniture, nice bed. Some have complained about the decor, but we like the odd halls and the retro modern look. There was a bit of street noise from the 11th floor Staff was pleasant and accommadating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Really enjoyed the large rooms with a nice, large comfy chair and an executive desk to work at. The fitness center was small but upgraded and well kept - I found everything that I needed to work-out there. Great location - close to a ton of good restraunts and attached to the mall and sky walk.

Staff was eager to help you figure out where to eat or get you a taxi. Very helpful staff.

I really enjoyed my stay for business here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

After a week spent in the hospital I got a great deal to stay and relax at The Marquette Hilton. Perfect location in downtown with direct access to the SkyWay Mall system helped to avoid the brutal cold. Easy access to food and other stores. Best thing about downtown Minneapolis!

Room comes stocked with a full mini-bar with everything you could need, yes even condoms. Snacks and drinks have no price list on them so use at your own risk.

The room itself while very clean and adequately large, has a very awkward layout. The TV is to the left of the bed so you have to lay sideways to view it.

My Two Main Complaints: #1 The computer desk is located right next to the window which was very drafty and cold at all times. Had to wear a jacket to work on my laptop. Also in this day and age to charge $16.95 PER DAY for WiFi is just ridiculous in a city where you can easily get 4G.

#2 The in-room heater made strange noises quite often that in addition to the loud noises coming from street level was disruptive to sleep. Be sure to ask for a high floor facing the courtyard.

The Two Compliments: #1 The bed was FANTASTICALLY comfortable. I believe it was one of those Tempur-Pedic types and I stayed in it much of my stay.

#2 The shower was very relaxing with both a hand held and "rain-type" shower head. Pressure was great and hot water was abundant.

Even though the front desk staff, especially Molly, tried to help solve the situation I still felt due to the ability to get away from the room and street noise, I am checking out of the hotel and checking into the Hilton Minneapolis down the street. If you can swing a suite on the top floors then I would recommend this hotel in that situation. Otherwise I would try one of the other 4-Star hotels in town.

Room Tip: To avoid street noise, get a room as high up as possible!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I travel often for work and have decided to try out several different hotels. I am a diamond member for the hilton chain and a gold member of starwood, for those that do not know; majority of the hotels in Minneapolis are Hilton or Starwood. I typically stay at the Westin or Hilton hotel when in Minneapolis but I decided to switch it up to the Marquette. It has a beautiful lobby and great food in the dining area, however it seems that it falls short after that. I had a gentlemen check me in who seemed to be bitter with me after I asked if I could switch rooms because the one I was in seemed a little outdated. I was not able to switch which was completely fine, I just wished I would of been treated with a little more respect. Besides that moment everything was okay. Nothing super out of the ordinary, but by no means something to complain about either. I appreciated the internet charges being taken care of and the person who checked me out was all to kind. Overall a decent play to stay when visiting Minneapolis, but not the best in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Brad P.
Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the front desk have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Lisa Heller

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!