My rating is relative to other hotels in the same price range. If I'm comparing this to a Motel 6, it would be a 3, maybe a 4.
Great view from rooms.
The hotel is in a fantastic location. Near great restaurants, all major sports venues, and some great bars. I highly recommend Prohibition (bar). Pricey, but very neat 20's atmosphere with great skyline views and easy to talk with your friends. Get there early if you can because the tables fill up fast. I also recommend Zelo, an Italian restaurant. Both of these places are within a very short walking distance. The views from our room on the 15th floor were amazing.
Because my stay was one that was important than normal, I contacted the front desk just to ensure all reservations were in order. The person on the phone was very clumsy with her knowledge and approach. It was tough to get things done. When we checked in, there ended up being a problem with the reservation. It was addressed by a manager, who seemed bothered by the system error that occurred and directed that frustration at us. She then blamed her "new employee" for the error. While I appreciate that errors can happen, and new people need time to learn and adjust, why would you air your dirty laundry like that? Simply fix the issue, and move on. I would not be happy with myself if they were my staff. I will say that the room service folks and the folks working as the bell hop/valet were fantastic. Always smiling, always willing to help.
I spent a few days with my partners in a King Alcove Suite. Because it was a corner room, there were two rooms on either side of ours. One had a locked adjoining door. Unfortunately, the door was thin, with a large gap at the bottom of it, and both rooms had marble entries. This allowed me to hear my neighbors’ conversations word for word if they were near the door, and the sounds echoed throughout our room. It was much worse at night when our neighbors came home from a long night of drinking. I wasn't able to sleep until 3 AM on the second night. The bathroom had the same floors and the bathroom door was the same poor material of the adjoining door. Because of this, you could hear anyone using your restroom and all their business. It was very awkward.
Frustrating little things:
- Our shower had two shower heads, a normal shower head and a "rain" shower head. The rain head was directly above the person in the shower, and would have been a nice feature had it not leaked. When the normal shower head was on with any temperature of water, the "rain" shower head constantly dripped ice cold water. We had to stand to the side or behind the dripping.
- The bathroom did not have a vent fan of any kind.
- The room had no microwave or usable refrigerator.
- The iron wasn't usable because the lid that holds water in the iron was broken, so water would come out if the iron was used.
- The vent/heater in the room also made a ticking noise whenever it was on that was annoying.
- The "Executive Lounge" is sold as a feature for the nicer rooms, but it's not worth mentioning. We were told to come between 7-10 on Saturday night for "dessert." We arrived after our dinner at about 8 PM to find that there was a single plate of store bought cookies laid out on a plate. While I appreciate that they were complimentary, the drinks that were offered certainly were not. I don't feel hotel guests are entitled to “free” things, but I did feel like this "extra" is pushed on customers to try and get them to buy more alcohol from the hotel.
That's a long list of admittedly minimal things. Individually, they are not worth mentioning. Things happen. I guess it was the totality of all of them in two days that was very frustrating to my partner and I. Perhaps we were unlucky with our room. Most of our gripes were room specific.
I will not be staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious, contemporary-style hotel offers generous-sized rooms and some with computers and whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Marquette Hotel Minneapolis
- Hilton Hotels Minneapolis