“Great location. Comfy accomodations.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marquette

Save Saved
You added The Marquette to your Saves list
The Marquette
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay & Park - from $114
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Idaho
“Great location. Comfy accomodations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We really like our stay here. The location is pretty central and it is connected to the skyway, so you can get everywhere easily. We also took the Light Rail to/from the airport and it's a quick 2 blocks to the Marquette. We had a large corner room with great views. Our king bed was VERY comfy! Quiet. Easy. What's not to like?

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
NYC / London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just stayed here 3 nights for work. Stayed at the Graves etc but the room they gave me on the 18th Exec floor was massive! More like an apartment with a GREAT view of the city. Had a lot of facilities and found the bed to be really comfortable with very large pillows (just what I like). Wireless is strong, free and fast for a diamond HH member, good tv, lots of choice. Shower was great with a separate rain shower spout. Room service was great too.

My tip would be with the car park. My GPS took me to the front of the building where there's no pull-in or drop-off point so I continued round the block looking. There's a car park to the left of the front of the IDS center where you'll see the sign - don't get it confused with the numerous public ones close by. The hotel then gives you a pass to come and go as much as you like which I loved as I HATE valet. Bonus is it's a reasonable $20 a day for a well lit, clean, spacious car park.

Would definitely stay here again, the local is excellent. It's up the road from the Hilton which is also lovely but Hilton uses valet service.

Room Tip: Get Hilton Honors for the exec floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went to Minneapolis for a conference and chose to stay off the beaten path closer to mid-downtown. Researched a few hotels and chose the Marquette. Great choice. Contemporary hotel with great rooms and views. Clean linens, firm bed and modern amenities- flat screen tv, huge desk, mini-bar, safe etc.

Room services above average. In house restaurant- Basil's also worth mentioning.
Hotel is part of the "habit- trail" through Minneapolis should you chose to stay inside. I of course chose to venture out of doors and found that I had the best of both worlds during inclement weather.

Only downside that I saw was a charge for WiFi and printing at their business center. Really?
This is part of the Hilton chain of hotels and I must state that even the Hilton Garden Inn doesn't charge for this service.

Advice- stay on a higher floor. I stayed on the 7th floor and you could still hear the sirens during the night. The rooms were quiet and you could not hear your neighbors, unless of course they were screaming about the election night coverage!

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: no pool, stay on a higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was attending an annual meeting at the Convention Center, so this hotel was well-placed for my needs. The staff were friendly and were more than willing to help with whatever I needed. My room was on the 13th floor (!), but it was exceptionally large and comfortable with a pretty nice view as well. Room service was very prompt and personable. In fact, one morning we were roused very early by the fire alarm (thankfully, nothing major) and when I returned to my room, the lady who brought my room service brought me a new, warmer bagel so that my meal would not be cold. I thought that quite a nice touch. It is not the least expensive stay in Minneapolis, but I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I think, in my case, it was helpful to be on the Hilton Honors floor and my room was in a corner.
Loves Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for an event at the Convention Center ... turned out to be a great central location. Only about 6 block walk thru the Skyway system to the CC and there were plenty of restaurants, shopping, entertainment, etc. within a few blocks the other direction from the hotel.

Room was okay for the price ... clean, well maintained, etc.
Only annoyance was that the room was laid out so that the TV was not at the foot of the bed, but 90 degrees to the side on a dresser. Need to see the chiropractor after a bit of that.

Also for the price, thought there should be free wifi ... not ... $13.95 to $16.95 a day ... ouch.

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Can't fault the hotel for the weed smoker somewhere in the stack, but boy is it annoying to have poor ventilation. Burning my eyes and I just want to go to bed. Smell is just pouring thru the vents. Only 1 window has a crank so can't really get a whole lot of fresh air.

Other than that nice hotel. Lobby bar a bit pricey, but prompt service.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

20 years ago, I conducted a workshop at this hotel and had wonderful memories of how sharp, sophisticated and top-notch it was. Things have changed in 20 years.

It is not a bad hotel by any means. But it does feel much more like a vanilla, run-of-the-mill Hilton, sadly ( I am HiltonHonors so that is not meant to be a slam at Hilton).

Lots of ergonomic problems here -- walk in the front door and you are looking at a Bell Captian stand with no signage to the front desk which is tucked down the hall and out of sight. Walk out of your shower and good luck putting your hand on a towel...they are a few steps away at least. The desk chair has no armrests and lean back in it and you are likely to tip over (fortunately, the old chair was still in the room so I swapped out).

Then add service which is hit or miss. Front desk staff was competent but not really relaxed and friendly -- more the type who are reading off cue cards and getting you through the transaction (even when there is no one in line behind you). I asked for a room with a nice view -- and got a room with a view of the air conditioning ducts of the building across the street. One server in the lobby bar for 8-14 patrons...she was friendly but you saw her about every 8-10 minutes or so. But the bell captain Carl knew his stuff and was terrific.

Overall, not what I expect at all for $250 a night. In general it feels like Hilton management swung through 3 months earlier and found as many ways as possible to save money. Fewer servers in the bar. No carpeting in the elevators. A thin 'average hotel' experience all the way around. Too bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marquette2, Director of Sales at The Marquette, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear JeffH655,
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. We really do have a warm and giving staff throughout, many who were here 20 years ago, so it really is unfortunate you did not experience our true abilities.
Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Lisa Heller

Been to The Marquette? Share your experiences!