“Overall Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Overall Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was in Minneapolis on a business trip and stayed at the Radisson. Location was perfect as it was very close to the major office towers, next door to Macy's and very close to your major shopping stores (Marshalls, Target, Off Saks if shopping is your flavour), and only a quick walk to the light rail transit (Nicolett Mall station). Rooms were very comfortable and clean. The first room we were given was facing the street (not atrium) however had a strange diagnol structural beam obstructing the window which was bizarre. Reception was quick to accomodate the request to change rooms to one without a beam. Had plaza club privileges which included continental breakfast (nice spread), cocktails hour (wine/cheese/crackers&dip/veggies) and late night tea/coffee/cookies/squares which was open till 11pm. Enjoyed plaza club privileges be aware they are only open Mon-Thurs though so if your there for the weekend, you would miss out. Restaurant on the main floor was very very good and would also recommend. Had a very pleasant experience with no issues and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Thai first
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This radisson has a great location in relation to so much downtown. The rooms are spacious but soon in need of an upgrade. I would try and avoid a room which has a window to the atrium, your view is of a hall or a wall. Outside views are nicer, make me feel less cramped. Parking is perfect as its just under the building. I highly recommend the firelake grill attached too.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for business trips. The business class floor was a good deal, with secure acess and cocktails and breakfast included. Especially helpful for solo women travellers. Downside was internet access. They list it as high speed but it was verrrry slow

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We debated whether or not to spend so much money on a hotel room when we came to town for a concert. In the end, we decided it was worth it to be within walking distance of Target Center. It was so great to just have to fight foot traffic getting out after our event. The hotel was as I'd expect in a prime downtown location. Our king bed was comfortable. No complaints on cleanliness. Slept great. Loved being able to walk to restaurants and shopping, then retreat to our quiet room for an escape. The restaurant and bar were good too. It would be great if it was less expensive, but given the location, I guess the price is understandable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The location of this hotel is very good and very central to all the restaurants and bars downtown. An easy 15 minute walk to the football stadium as well. The room was ok and clean but I have certainly stayed in much better 4 star hotels in Minneapolis and elsewhere. We had to call the front desk after check in because the duvet on the bed was excessively stained after we peeled it back. It was yellowy brown and not sure what may have caused it, but it did gross my wife and I out. Parking is $6.00 dollars per day on the weekend but the spots are small and the garage filled up quickly if you came back later in the day. I had a truck with a cap on it and it was very tough to manoeuver it inside the garage and almost impossible to park it without being on the lines. The hotel has no pool, hot tub or common area to relax in. All in all a decent hotel but would not be my first choice if given it, outside of priceline

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Radisson Plaza is in the center of town, near Nicolette Mall, and connected to the Skyway system. The hotel is only two and one-half blocks from the Light Rail (Blue Line) from the Airport. The Light Rail is a very efficient way to get downtown, and is only $1.75 ($0.75 seniors); a taxi ride is about $48 including tip, and not much faster). The hotel's room are spacious, well organized, temperature regulated, and very quiet. The staff is very willing to help, although the concierge was rarely at her desk. There are a number of meeting rooms, although they are spread out. Some are actually off the Skyway. Apparently, there is a general security problem with the Skyway. We saw the police arrest someone in part of the hotel immediately off the Skyway. The guests are well protected. The Hotel has quite a security force, which is perhaps overly suspicious. They confronted one of our party,an attractive, well dressed woman, who is also a judge. The hotel has a good restaurant and bar off the lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline. I selected downtown Minneapolis because we were going to a concert at Target Field and I picked a 4 star hotel as a splurge since we would not be traveling with our children.
Upon arriving the lobby is very grand and the check in staff very professional. I was offered to upgrade to a street view room for $15 per night. I said yes as I did not like the idea of an inside atrium view room. I found our room to be average and in my opinion not a 4 star. The room furniture (desk and dresser) showed signs of wear and had some scratches on them and the carpet had a cigarette burn in it. The bathroom was nice with marble counters, but had a very basic shower head. It looked like the bathroom had flooded at one point because there was paint peeling on the back side at the bottom of the bathroom door. The bed was comfortable, but I find more and more 3 star hotels to have comfortable beds with pillow top mattresses and down comforters.
I asked for the final bill to be e-mailed to me, but still received one under the door on the morning of check out. I also stopped at the front desk to check out, as I need to get smaller bills to tip the valet guys. Both bills showed charges I made at the restaurant and bar as well as the valet charges, but not the room upgrade charges. That evening when I checked my e-mail, I had a final bill that now included the room upgrade charge. That's was fine, I agreed to the charges, but found it odd that I had received two final bills while at the hotel that did not include the charges? I e-mailed the hotel about this and was credited for the room upgrade.
All in all, the location was excellent, but it was average compared to other 4 star hotels I have stayed at!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple