“It doesn't get any better than this Radisson at a Priceline price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Minneapolis

Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntsville, AL
“It doesn't get any better than this Radisson at a Priceline price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Excellent rooms; excellent service; and easy access to all the attractions. Check-in was quick, and the front-desk staff was knowledgeable for all of our tourist questions. You can walk to almost anywhere in the downtown area. There are fabulous restaurants and plenty of sports bars.

Room Tip: We got an inside room with no view, but we weren't there for the view. The room was comfortable...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Thai first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will never stay in radissson hotels.The one in downtown Minneapolis has the worst servs and the young man working was using his cell phone front of us, as we were check-in.My friend and I were just hang out for the night. I myself work in a hotel and I expect the best from front desk agents when I check-in to a hotel. Especially high end hotels.we ask for a room with a large bathtop, he told us he could gife us a suite for $25.00 more with a large suite. The room he give us was not a suite or had a large bathtop. I truly feel bad for anyone that stays this hotel and expects good servicers

Room Tip: there suites are bad
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle T, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Radisson Plaza Hotel.

I was surprised to read of your experience and if you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics, it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Michelle Torguson
Director of Operations
612-339-4900
Grand Junction, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our stay at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis was great from the start. The front desk associate was extremely friendly and helpful. Check in was very fast. Our room was one of the newly remodeled rooms, and was very modern and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower is to die for! The location is in the heart of downtown, so very accessible to a number of places for dining and entertainment. Overall, a home run in my book.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Over the last several months I have had the opportunity to stay in Minneapolis at the Radisson, The W, and the Hyatt Regency. Of the three, the best is the Radisson. It has the nicest staff who are well trained, knowledgeable, and helpful. It is located centrally and is in the best location for exploring the city. Rooms are nice and they provided upgrades when available. The restaurant had one of the best breakfasts in town -- my son raves about it. We got a deal with self parking included.

The W was okay but front desk staff were only okay and always seemed overwhelmed. Very slow check-in. Rooms and hallways very dark. Breakfast the worse of the three. Very good concierge person.

The Hyatt Regency has been a big disappointment. My wife came with me and she is very particular about hotels -- when we travel together it's only the best. We have stayed at HR's in other cities and this one doesn't measure up. My wife wanted to stay here because it was supposed to be recently renovated. Frankly. I couldn't tell that it was. Rooms very pedestrian and bland. The beds where soft and the sheets didn't stay tucked in through the night -- very uncomfortable. Bathrooms older design with shower in the tub. Upon check my wife asked if we could be upgraded -- the front desk person said that the next day the hotel was relatively empty and if we wanted to move they would upgrade us -- just check back in the morning. So we did -- the person we next dealt also said they could upgrade us but only for $100 dollars a night -- I'm a Hyatt Gold Pass member -- no matter. They just don't get it -- it really made my wife mad about the lack of follow through. Breakfast is pretty good with a decent buffet. Also a very helpful and knowledgeable concierge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I visited this hotel about 5 years ago and found then that it lacked certain conveniences and looked kind of tired then. I was told that there are plans for a remodel and that installing a safe in the room and a new fitness center were in the plans.
The fitness center was renovated but the rooms were not - the carpet was filthy and the entrance looked grimy - much the same it looked then. Housekeeping was fine aside of the dirty/worn carpet and worn furniture.

I stayed in one of the concierge rooms and had to request a new room key on 5 occasions - the elevator would not allow me to return to my floor / room . At $ 500 a night I expected something a bit better...

I must say that the service in general was very good - everyone was very friendly, apologetic and helpful.

The hotel is conveniently located in the downtown area and within walking distance to the convention center and the shopping district and an array of wonderful restaurants.

I will not stay here again - there are a number of excellent hotels in the vicinity.

Green Features: I had not noticed any environmentally friendly practices....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent one night there this past weekend when our power had been out for three nights and we needed to get away from it for an evening. Hotel was quite nice, and in a convenient location for grabbing dinner with many restaurants nearby. The rooms are starting to show a bit of age, but are clean and comfortable. Augustine at the front desk was extremely friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. $6 parking was a very nice bonus as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to stay at many of the hotels in downtown Minneapolis. My, by far, hotel of choice is the Radisson Plaza. Besides the extremely clean and fresh rooms there is underground safe and secure parking and an excellent restaurant with a bar. The hotel staff is top notch and can help with any question and options you might have. Check in/out is fast and hassle free. The location is within walking distance to many restaurants and bars, Orchestra Hall, Target Field, theaters etc. When I stay in downtown Minneapolis I don’t even look at other hotels. Radisson Plaza is my first and only choice.

Room Tip: I’ve stayed on different floors and never have had an issue with any room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Blu Minneapolis? Share your experiences!