“Very Nice-Thanks for the upgrade” 5 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Twin Cities
“Very Nice-Thanks for the upgrade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was our Anniversary and we were upgraded for our one night stay to the concierge level.(thanks Radisson)
The service was excellent and the snacks and breakfast were top notch. The room was huge and nice. the hotel has been around a while (the last time I stayed here was the night the Twins won the 1991 World Series), however they have done a good job with keeping the property in good shape.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Thai first
Eindhoven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for years now and it has always been a pleasure. The reception is great, friendly staff, always have my preferences in mind. Rooms are fine, not the largest I've been in but functional and a good bathroom. Beds are great, large screen TV.
Restaurant is fine, a premier grill house, great tasting food. The menu is comprised of regulars and specials also seasons specials, this could vary a bit more. Im there a couple of times a year and I can recite at least part of the menu. Prices are what you would expect from a downtown, pricey. They do however deliver against these prices. Service is great, very friendly and especially my friend Susan at breakfast deserves a lot of credit. She is mindfull, attentive and knows my preferences.
Change the menu a bit more often and an update which i know ou are working on and next time it will be 5 stars, as far as Im concerned.

Room Tip: always try for a street facing room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Somersworth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked a last minute room for a Friday night. Sure, it was a cold January day, but the price for the room we got was fantasic. A downtown hotel at this rate was amazing, and with parking only $6 (instead of the normal $19 per day the garage charges) it was a real bargain.

The hotel was easy to get to, is part of the skyway system, and has wonderful amenities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hibbing, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Raddison Plaza was the first stop before leaving for our honeymood, so it has alot of memories. The location is great, and the staff are courteous and professional. We have stayed in standard rooms, but where they really shine are the suites. We have stayed both in executive sweets, and once in the whirlpool sweet. It does not disappoint.

There were some issues with housekeeping on our 3rd trip there, but management handled them quickly and not only moved us, but sent us both a desert tray, and credits for the onsite restaurant to our new room. The pork chops are to die for.

We will be back, and highly recommend!

Room Tip: Get an executive sweet if you can. The oversized bathtubs are almost nicer than the whirlpool suite...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Radisson a number of times now and enjoy my stay every time. I recently stayed here for 5 nights in early December for a work conference.

I actually booked the Radisson through hotwire (I knew it would be the Radisson) and so was very much looking forward to my stay. The location is great being right down town, only a few blocks from almost anything you could want : Restaurants, Target for shopping, bars, sports venues etc. Check in is always simple with very efficient staff. This time I only get a room with two double beds rather than the king sized beds they normally offer but do understand that given that I was on a very cheap rate.

The rooms themselves are very nicely appointed. Its a pity they don’t offer a safe in the room but there is a safe behind the reception should you wish to store anything. The bathrooms are large and offer a nice range of bath products. There is a large TV with 50+ channels so can’t complain.

A nice surprise from the last visit was that the gym has been re-done with all new equipment (the old equipment was getting very old). Quite surprising to me was the number of people using the gym but there was always enough room for everyone.

I ate at the fire lake grill ones while there (see my other reviews) and can highly recommend it for a great meal or drink at the bar.

All in all I can highly recommend the Radisson Plaza. It has a great location, friendly staff, well appointed and comfortable rooms, a nice new gym and a great restaurant. What more could you ask for???

Room Tip: Ask for a king sized bed. Floors 7 and 11 have the vending machines and ice vending on them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for your recent stay as well as for a great TA review. We are glad you enjoyed our staff, service, and location. We do have in room safes slated for all of our guest rooms as a part of a slated upgrade in 2013. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Regards-
Rob
Rob Smith
r.smith@radisson.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We re booked at the Radisson this past weekend for a weekend to Christmas shop, see the Holidazzle parade, the Macy's display, and try the Melting Pot. This has always been our 'go-to' hotel, although we have stayed a few other places nearby in the past as well. This time however I feel like we enjoyed ourself more than usual. We didnt get there until 10pm or so on Friday, and the staff made sure the requests we made online were met, which in the past I don't remeber them checking with us about those. FireLake was only open for 45 more minutes by the time we got to our room, so we hurried downstairs to gt a table. We had a small wait but was able to get a table. Despite being short on time, the waitstaff did not rush us whatsoever and our waiter was great. The food was fabulous and it always is when we eat there. Took desert to go, and were able to add our bill to our hotel bill with no extra charge which was nice. Saturday after sleeping in, and we walked around town to find lunch. So close to everything! Makes walking in the breeze no big deal. Being so close to the parade, Macy's and not even a four block walk to Melting Pot was awesome. We had to leave early Sunday due to the snowstorm..we would have loved to have breakfast at Firelake:( no real complaint however I felt like the bathroom felt more narrow than some of the other rooms we have stayed in. The coffee maker also died on me Sunday morning so I had to pay $3 for a coffee at the bar. Also, I remember sleep number beds the last few times we have stayed and we didnt this time. I don't like sleep numbers so I was fine with it, but my boyfriend was looking forward to that. Excellent stay once again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you both for your recent stay as well as taking the time to give such a great TA review!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great location. I am happy that our new programs designed to ensure guest requests are recognized was effective. I do regret that your coffee maker was defective and look forward to buying you a cup of coffee on your next visit. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our brand new Simmons Pillow Top Sleeper beds, we have been getting rave review.

Hope to see you on your next visit to the Twin Cities.

Regards-
Rob
Rob Smith
The Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis
r.smith@radisson.com
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Went into the Twin Cities for a weekend and selected the Radisson Plaza and were certainly pleased. Love the proximity to Macy's and other area attractions. We ate our special evening meal at the Fire Lake Grill and all I can say is it was great. The service was wonderful and the food was so good. Also ate breakfast there and everything was great. The wild rice pancakes were so tasty. The entire staff was so great and always there for you. Did the Romance package and it was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!