“Great value for a downtown hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota
“Great value for a downtown hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We usually choose the Radisson when staying in downtown Minneapolis. There was a good rate online -- $30 off a price of $139, so $109 + tax. We had a city view. The room is spacious, the king size bed is extremely comfortable, it's quiet, bathroom is nice. Great location downtown, but still a lot of turns & stoplights to get to the Guthrie Theater.... Staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear snowy_and_sunny,

Welcome back and thank you for such a nice review! I am glad to hear that we are your first choice when staying in Minneapolis!
I am also happy that you enjoyed our great location, spacious rooms and new Beautyrest Simmons mattresses. Our friendly staff is always happy to help and is very appreciative of your kind words.
I hope your travels bring you back to Minneapolis soon and we look forward to seeing you again!

399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Thai first
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I live in Minneapolis, so it was a short 10 minute drive to the hotel. We have been rebuilding from last May's tornado that hit our home. We needed a night away, so when I saw the Radisson on a discount site, I didn't hesitate to buy a night.
We got an executive suite, and it was lovely. Large sitting area and separate sleeping area. Nice view of downtown. The bathroom was large and we both enjoyed a soak in the deep soaking tub.
We decided to order a pizza (off site) which was delivered to the lobby for us to pick up. The room was comfortrable and convenient for eating in.
We each got to pick our own show to veg to (he watched basketball and I watched HGTV), since there were 2 large TVs- one in the sleeping area and 1 in the sitting area.
There was a very large continental breakfast. I had fresh fruit, loaded oatmeal, a hard boiled egg, coffee, and apple juice- there was also cereal, yogurt and plenty of other options. I believe this is an option ONLY for executive suites.
We also had a USA today delivered to our door.
There were only a couple things I would change: parking and vending. We parked in the hotel's ramp. After reading the sign, we thought it would be about $5- 10. It was however $20 charged at check-in. I don't believe its unreasonable, but it wasn't expected, it seemed like we were paying more since we were staying in the hotel. The room felt dry, so my husband went in search of a vending machine for a soda.. There are only 2 in the whole hotel. They only take change and single dollar bills, and one machine only had Coke and the other had Coke and Sprite (the other options were sold out). We also didnt realize we had a fridge until just before we left (it was hiding in the cabinet under the TV).
Overall, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The room was large and cozy. I wouls defineatly recommend it! Just the retreat we needed!

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Leahbia,

Thank you so much for writing such a positive response, as well as providing feedback for ways to improve our property and amenities.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your last stay in one of our spacious Executive Suites! And especially, that you were able to take advantage of the continental breakfast that we offer on the Plaza Club Level during weekdays.

I have informed our management team about your feedback and they will be working on ways to improve vending areas, and developing better ways to inform our guests on parking rates prior to arrival.

I hope you choose us again the next time you want to get away and relax! We look forward to seeing you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went in September 2011 for a visit to the new Twins ballpark. The immediate location is ok and the overall spot is good for walking to-from a Twins game.

There appears to be a pretty good restaurant in the hotel lobby and you are within walking distance to a few good local eateries, including Ike's. Here's the room breakdown:

Size: normal sized room with 2 double beds.
Cleanliness: looked to be very clean upon checkin with little/no dust and/or stains
AC: seemed to work well, weather was starting to get cooler but we did use AC sparingly
Bathroom: normal bathroom with curtain tub/shower combo
Beds: Sleepnumber beds, of which I could settle on my # for comfort... ok comfort.

Fully non-smoking hotel... we did have some people "partying" in an adjacent room, which is always annoying, and odd for middle of the week Minneapolis. A call to the front desk seemed to quiet the noise with a couple minutes though.

A good overall stay, but I would probably look for a different hotel next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear 2011Bruins,

Thank you very much for providing such positive feedback about our location, cleanliness, and comfortability. We appreciate it greatly.

I apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay, but am happy that our security staff was able to take care of that promptly.

I do hope you reconsider and give us another chance the next time you visit Minneapolis. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Front Office Supervisor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very nice and the lobby is gorgeous. The location (right downtown Minneapolis) is great with access to the downtown attractions, restaurants, and shopping via the skyway system. However, it is a bit expensive, doesn't have a pool, and security is questionable (a housekeeper let my friend into my room without identification or verifying with me that I wanted her there.)

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Sara Rathman,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I am glad you enjoyed your room and our great location.
I sincerely apologize for the lapse in security. I can assure you this is not common practice, and we take our guests' safety very seriously. I have personally spoken to our Executive Housekeeper and he will follow up with his staff.
I do hope you return as our guest the next time you visit Minneapolis. We look forward to having you!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

From check-in to check-out, everyone on staff was courteous and professional. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the maid service superior. I was particularly impressed by the breakfast menu at FireLake, the lobby-level restaurant: Minnesota walleye hash with organic poached eggs and hollandaise, red berry risotto with almonds and honey, strong coffee. Breakfast was the only meal I had there every day and the service was wonderful, friendly and fast. The downtown location was convenient to shopping. It felt like a well-run hotel from the top down, something I don't find that often.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Julie B,

Thank you so much for such a positive review! It prides me to know that you received such exceptional service from our "Yes I Can!" staff and the cleanliness of our rooms met your expectations.
I am so glad you enjoyed the wonderful food from our "FireLake Grillhouse & Cocktail Bar" and hope that you try our fabulous lunch and dinner menu next time!
I hope your travels bring you to Minneapolis soon, and look forward to your next stay with us!

Best Regard,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

If you need to be downtown, this is a great location. Very nice folks (as you might expect in this town) at the front desk and throughout the hotel. Fitness room is above average with some nice weight machines. Restaurant at the hotel is very good for breakfast and dinner. Connected by Skyway to Macy's and other commercial buildings. Didn't need my coat in February.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear Mark F,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our great location and friendly staff! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our newly renovated fitness center and wonderful restaurant, the Firelake Grillhouse.

We hope to see you again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We have stayed here twice in the past 6 months. Once we used the "Shout House" special and once we used a Groupon. It is a very nice place with a perfect downtown Minneapolis location. Staff is very friendly, and helpful. I will stay here again, if I am starting downtown Minneapolis

Room Tip: Go on the "Shout House" web site, and see their deal for this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear travelor 1156,

Thank you so much for returning to our hotel and for your kind words on TripAdvisor! I am glad you enjoyed your past stays and hope to see you again!

Thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff. We are very proud of our "Yes I Can" service.

I hope your travels bring you back to Minneapolis.

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Minneapolis? Share your experiences!