“Great Place in Downtown” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Place in Downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We have stayed here twice in the past 6 months. Once we used the "Shout House" special and once we used a Groupon. It is a very nice place with a perfect downtown Minneapolis location. Staff is very friendly, and helpful. I will stay here again, if I am starting downtown Minneapolis

Room Tip: Go on the "Shout House" web site, and see their deal for this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear travelor 1156,

Thank you so much for returning to our hotel and for your kind words on TripAdvisor! I am glad you enjoyed your past stays and hope to see you again!

Thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff. We are very proud of our "Yes I Can" service.

I hope your travels bring you back to Minneapolis.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Thai first
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

A bit overpriced, but very convenient location. I was supposed to have a city view room, but they gave me a room with a view of a concrete wall in a lobby area. Was disappointed with that. Otherwise, the rooms are modern, spacious, the food was okay- brunch overpriced. I'd stay here again if the prices were a bit better.

Room Tip: Get a city view room if you can.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear Tyler A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for you not getting a city view room, and I hope that if you stay with us again, please mention your view preference when making the reservation. If you'd like, you can contact me directly, and I will ensure that your preferences are noted in your profile for future reference.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

UpperPeninsulaMichigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here the last weekend of January 2012. The cost was very reasonable and the room was clean, good-sized and attractive. Staff were friendly and accomodating- we initially said we wanted an inside-facing room but changed our minds when we got up there and staff easily changed us to room facing the street. The restaurant adjacent to the lobby serves excellent, nicely presented food and staff are very pleasant. Terrific coffee. Parking is $6 a 24 hour period (self-park) and you take the elevator right to the hotel lobby - a big plus in the winter. The sign said the garage was full but we entered anyway and there were several spaces on the lower lever - P3. A number of shops and restaurants are easily accessed through the skyway. We walked over to the Westin to have a drink in their "bank-vault" lobby. Great cosmos. Macy's was about 5 minutes from the Radisson lobby through the skyway. Several fast elevators available for guests so virtually no waiting.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear scorpio49,

Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. On behalf of the staff, I am happy that you enjoyed your room, our friendly customer service, and our excellent restaurant, the FireLake Grillhouse. I am glad you found our location so convenient for your needs, and I hope your travels bring you back in the future.

Norfolk, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Requests for extra shampoo and towels was responded to very quickly and all staff was friendly and courteous.

The rooms were nice with flatscreen tv, and updated decor as you would expect from a more expensive national brand.

The beds were just ok. Nothing special.

Was in town for an event hosted at the hotel so location was reason I booked here. Meeting facilites were top notch.

Wireless internet was free which was nice as some of the higher scale hotels charge extra (Never have figured out why limited service hotels have free internet but full service hotels charge extra).

Hotel breakfast prices are high, so I would reccomend reseraching other options for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear VincentCPA,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I am glad you enjoyed our friendly service, updated guest rooms, and meeting facilities.
We hope your travels bring you back to the city and hope you visit us again!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel was very expensive, I paid about $400 for a two night stay (please note that part of the reason for this was a VERY high pet fee). They also charge you to park in their garage. I don't mind paying extra if it's deserved, and I just didn't find that here. While the lobby and restaurant areas are above average, the rooms were just regular typical hotel rooms and not very big (at least the room I had). I did not find the hotel to have much of a romantic appeal. View was nothing of note. The service staff were polite, as to be expected. I did get an email asking me to review my stay, which I did. I expressed my concerns that I felt a little ripped off, but they only answered with a 'thank you for your comments'...that was the last I heard. At the end of the day, you are really just paying for a great location. There are better options in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve1025,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your last stay. I appreciate your positive response to our friendly staff and great location, I apologize that our facility did not meet all of your expectations and hope you give us another chance when traveling to Minneapolis again. Please contact me directly and I will do my best to have your room prepared to your satisfaction.

Your comments are very appreciated and will be reviewed by our management team.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April of 2011 (so this review is slightly dated) on business. I had meetings late in the day and didn't end up checking into the hotel until around 8pm, but the staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful. In fact, they upgraded my room (no charge) to a suite without me asking just because it was available. I thought that was incredibly customer-friendly and really stood out in my mind as to my overall experience. The location is well situated in the downtown area and you can easily find restaurants in the evening in the surrounding buildings. I had dinner in Fire Lake (the restaurant at the hotel) and thought it was wonderful. I was a solo traveler and enjoyed the atmosphere, level of service, and the choices on the menu - perfect. The only negative I had on the hotel was the slightly worn quality to the rooms. The carpets were stained and the hallway / room paint showed marks / hand prints that overall took away from the feel of cleanliness on the total experience though the bathrooms, towels, bedding etc. were just fine. I jsimply padded around in my socks or shoes to diminish the perception of "dirty" based upon the carpets & stayed away from touching the walls (not something you would be hard pressed to do anyways based upon teh size of the accomodations - excellent). This is definitely a nice hotel, and I would have no problem staying again for business or liesure. The only recommendation I would have for the hotel in general is that if they have not done so yet, consider changing out the carpet and repainting to make perception match reality on the cleanliness of the older rooms.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dr jmelee S,

Your comments on our exceptional guest service are greatly appreciated! I am also glad you enjoyed our great location and wonderful restaurant, the Firelake Grillhouse.
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our guest rooms. Your opinions will be reviewed by our management team and will be helpful when we renovate the hotel.

We hope to see you again at the Radisson Plaza!

Norwalk, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed in room 419. I didn't notice any noise around me. I leave the TV on most of the time, but no noise overnight either. Friendly staff at the front desk has map of downtown, showed me how to get to my office bldg through the skyway. He was a darling - nice, helpful, clear, understandable. I booked through Hotwire and got a great rate, and I still had excellent service. Room was nice - a little dated but clean. Comfy bed. Water pressure in the shower was just fine for me - better than expected - I have thick hair. Room service was fantastic! Food was excellent and service was professional and, again, helpful. Competence is such a comfort when you're away from home. Also, apparently I should have eaten breakfast in the restaurant. Sounds like I missed out on some yummy stuff there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lacey S,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your last stay at our hotel! We are very fortunate to have such an outstanding staff that takes pleasure and pride in assisting our guests with all of their needs. We hope to see you again, and yes, the breakfast at the Firelake Grillhouse is to die for!

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Minneapolis? Share your experiences!