“Overpriced and nothing really special except the location” 3 of 5 stars

Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Overpriced and nothing really special except the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel was very expensive, I paid about $400 for a two night stay (please note that part of the reason for this was a VERY high pet fee). They also charge you to park in their garage. I don't mind paying extra if it's deserved, and I just didn't find that here. While the lobby and restaurant areas are above average, the rooms were just regular typical hotel rooms and not very big (at least the room I had). I did not find the hotel to have much of a romantic appeal. View was nothing of note. The service staff were polite, as to be expected. I did get an email asking me to review my stay, which I did. I expressed my concerns that I felt a little ripped off, but they only answered with a 'thank you for your comments'...that was the last I heard. At the end of the day, you are really just paying for a great location. There are better options in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Steve1025,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your last stay. I appreciate your positive response to our friendly staff and great location, I apologize that our facility did not meet all of your expectations and hope you give us another chance when traveling to Minneapolis again. Please contact me directly and I will do my best to have your room prepared to your satisfaction.

Your comments are very appreciated and will be reviewed by our management team.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April of 2011 (so this review is slightly dated) on business. I had meetings late in the day and didn't end up checking into the hotel until around 8pm, but the staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful. In fact, they upgraded my room (no charge) to a suite without me asking just because it was available. I thought that was incredibly customer-friendly and really stood out in my mind as to my overall experience. The location is well situated in the downtown area and you can easily find restaurants in the evening in the surrounding buildings. I had dinner in Fire Lake (the restaurant at the hotel) and thought it was wonderful. I was a solo traveler and enjoyed the atmosphere, level of service, and the choices on the menu - perfect. The only negative I had on the hotel was the slightly worn quality to the rooms. The carpets were stained and the hallway / room paint showed marks / hand prints that overall took away from the feel of cleanliness on the total experience though the bathrooms, towels, bedding etc. were just fine. I jsimply padded around in my socks or shoes to diminish the perception of "dirty" based upon the carpets & stayed away from touching the walls (not something you would be hard pressed to do anyways based upon teh size of the accomodations - excellent). This is definitely a nice hotel, and I would have no problem staying again for business or liesure. The only recommendation I would have for the hotel in general is that if they have not done so yet, consider changing out the carpet and repainting to make perception match reality on the cleanliness of the older rooms.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dr jmelee S,

Your comments on our exceptional guest service are greatly appreciated! I am also glad you enjoyed our great location and wonderful restaurant, the Firelake Grillhouse.
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our guest rooms. Your opinions will be reviewed by our management team and will be helpful when we renovate the hotel.

We hope to see you again at the Radisson Plaza!

Norwalk, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed in room 419. I didn't notice any noise around me. I leave the TV on most of the time, but no noise overnight either. Friendly staff at the front desk has map of downtown, showed me how to get to my office bldg through the skyway. He was a darling - nice, helpful, clear, understandable. I booked through Hotwire and got a great rate, and I still had excellent service. Room was nice - a little dated but clean. Comfy bed. Water pressure in the shower was just fine for me - better than expected - I have thick hair. Room service was fantastic! Food was excellent and service was professional and, again, helpful. Competence is such a comfort when you're away from home. Also, apparently I should have eaten breakfast in the restaurant. Sounds like I missed out on some yummy stuff there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lacey S,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your last stay at our hotel! We are very fortunate to have such an outstanding staff that takes pleasure and pride in assisting our guests with all of their needs. We hope to see you again, and yes, the breakfast at the Firelake Grillhouse is to die for!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Radisson Plaza to celebrate my birthday. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the room was fantastic. The bed was comfortable and the view was spectacular. The location is in downtown Minneapolis near the Target center and the Theater District. We had dinner across the street at Fogo de Chao.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Midwest Traveler34,

We are honored that you chose our location to celebrate your special day! We thank you for you kind words about our friendly staff and comfortable rooms. We asre glad you found our location so convenient and hope your travels bring you back to us the next time you are in Minneapolis!

Best Regars,
Marshfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed a night here through Hotwire and room was clean and workout area was top notch. Location right downtown.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Balaramjohn,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am glad dyou enjoyed your stay and our recently renovated health club.

I hope to see you again!

Blue Earth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here one night for a concert we went to at the Target Center. Location of the hotel was excellent.The parking, while it was only $6 for heated, underground parking, was kind of a pain, mainly due to other guests using two stalls instead of one. The receptionist was kind and friendly when we checked in and out. There was also an convention of some sort going on at the hotel, but we noticed very little noise coming from their events. We got a free Sunday edition of the Star Tribune which was a nice perk. Our room was odd though. It faced inside the hotel, so we had no windows facing outside. We had a window that overlooked an odd, dusty patio area that was completely locked off. However, since there was no light coming from outside, we were able to sleep in for quite some time because of how dark the room was. If we were staying here for more than to just sleep for the night, this would have been an issue. We were also supposed to have a sleep number bed, but we didn't get one. Also would have been an issue if we were here longer than to sleep for a night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear TheHaases,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments and will share them with our management team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our great location! I hope you choose us again. When making your reservation, please ask for a city view. I am sure you will enjoy it. Please be aware that we no longer have Sleep Number beds, but we have new Simmon Beautyrest mattresses. We hope to see you again!

Hinckley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I called for a reservation, had to cancel, called to reserve again, called about parking - each and every time the customer service of this place is top of the line. Always polite, respectful and helpful. We parked and went to the Vikings game, came back and checked in and went to the Timberwolves game. So convenient for everything!!! The room (1510) was perfect. The bed was so comfortable and because it has a separate room of its own - quiet, dark - 2 large flat screens AND checkout at noon. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lovetravelin23,

We are thrilled with your comments on our exceptional guest service! We pride ourselves on our "Yes I Can" attitude and it truly shows by your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your room and your stay.

We hope your travels bring you back soon!

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Minneapolis? Share your experiences!