“Perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stayed at the Radisson overnight after a Twins Game. Checked in at 3pm and since the Radisson is within walking distance we were able to be at the game when Target field opened and in no hurry to leave as we just had to walk back to the Radisson! Everyone at the front desk actually seemed happy to help and check in was fast. When we got back to the room (10:30pm) and went to get ice, all 4 icemakers were out, but my husband went to the front desk and they quickly apologized that they were full that night and got him a bucket of ice. Got a chance to try a sleep number bed and the room was modern and comfortable. Did not try room service or the restaurant as we did plenty of eating at Target Field. (Although we did stop for some candy at the candy/popcorn shop nearby) Since the Trip Advisor reviews were the reason we picked the Radisson, wanted to leave a review that we were not disappointed and had a great little mini vacation downtown!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Thai first
Waverly, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend and everything about the hotel was good! It was a very busy weekend with a lot of things happening in the city. Check in was quick, staff was friendly and helpful to everyone. Rooms were comfortable and clean. This hotel is in the heart of downtown so we were near shoppes, entertainment and restaurants. We received a non complicated parking voucher....billed once, one price on bill and get as many ins and outs as you want. Elevators were a little slow, but that probably had more to do with the number of guests using them.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
flutiepie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I'm writing this review at almost midnight when I'd rather be sleeping. The people in the room next to us aren't being particularly loud or awful but I can hear them so clearly they may as well be in the room with us. The hotel is OK but nothing special. There's no pool, the lobby isn't very interesting or fun, and the staff seem like they are just doing their jobs. The location is convenient, and the parking is a good deal at $6 with in/out. but that's about the best thing it has going for it. You should also bring your own pillowcases. The linens are such low thread count that the pillows are uncomfortable. Honestly, these things wouldn't bother me so much if the walls weren't so thin.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

So here I am, in the midst of an extended travel schedule, arriving at a hotel in Minneapolis at 10:30 at night, not having eaten a whole lot during the day. As I check in, the front desk tells me room service and the restaurant are open until 11PM.

I am not a big fan of hotel restaurants. Occasionally they deliver, but more often than not they don't--especially late at night.

So I quickly stash my bags and head downstairs to "Fire Lake", which is not separately listed on TripAdvisor.

Well, guess what?

A meal at the bar well beyond my expectations. An exceptionally friendly staff (see below), who were very accommodating to my various requests.

Dinner was a grilled romaine salad with an egg on top. Don't ask me where that came from, but it really did "work."

And the grilled fish was excellent, well prepared and not the usual hotel bar/restaurant fare.

Someone next to me had a bison burger, and it looked great--confirmed by the lucky gentleman who was able to consume it.

The lighter (but very telling moment) was when a gentleman came to the bar and asked if he could get a glass of milk to take to his room. As someone who has trouble getting milk at a hotel in the morning, I thought this was going to be a "here we go" kind of moment.

To my pleasant surprise, the bartender cheerfully said, "Will that be regular or skim?" then poured the gentleman a cup of milk without missing a beat. No making the guest feel awkward, no funny stuff, just pleasant delivery of something that someone wanted.

That may not seem like much, but let me assure you I have been in a lot of bars and observed a lot of bartenders. A glass of milk for $2.77 at 11PM at night is not exactly high on their list. On this night, in this bar, this guest wasn't made to feel awkward at all. And I think that is terrific.

So hat's off to a surprisingly excellent restaurant in a place where I never would have expected it.

I understand they are going to franchise the restaurant (called "FireLake.") If they can keep the ambience, the service and the menu up to the standards they have set here at the Radisson, then I believe they will be very successful.

• Stayed June 2011
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This is the only place we have stayed at when we've vacationed in Minneapolis. We keep coming back because it is such a beautiful hotel for a great price. The decor is up to date, rooms are nice, and the beds are so comfortable. Very nice staff in their bar/lounge and the restaurant is so good we always eat there at least once during our stay. This hotel is in a prime location within walking distance to downtown entertainment (sports arena, restaurants, nightlife). I really do hope Radisson will continue to offer such a great rate for a fabulous hotel. As long as they do, we will continue to stay with them.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the hotel for four days while picking our daughter up from Univ of Minnesota. The staff was great and we loved the Fire/Lake bar and grill but the rooms were just average. The sleep bed didn't work and would never buy one after staying at this hotel. If we hadn't used Priceline to get a great price I would never stay at this hotel for it's going rate. The location was great and parking was convenient. Expected more from a 31/2 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cypress, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

This was my first trip to Minnesota and in particular Minneapolis. A quick history note: this Radisson is the flagship for the Radisson/Carlson chain as it is the original Radisson in America.

My room was roomy, bed was very comfortable and being located in the downtown area made it very accessible. Had dinner in the Firelake Grill House restaurant , enjoyed the Buffalo Ribeye along with a order of Asparagus and the bread pudding for dessert. The Buffalo just melted in my mouth and I highly recommend this entree off of the menu.

Within walking distance to the Twins stadium and great location to take a walking tour as long as it isn't snowing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Blu Minneapolis? Share your experiences!