“Thre Radisson Plaza Hotel is perfect for a weekend getaway to Minneapolis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Minneapolis

Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Thre Radisson Plaza Hotel is perfect for a weekend getaway to Minneapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stayed at the Radisson Plaza when we came to Minneapolis for a perforrnance by Lewis Black. First, the location is perfect. We walked to our restaurant and to the theater. So many venues are accessible from this hotel. Next, the staff we dealt with were professional, courteous, and friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. On top of everything else, my wife and I felt that the price for our stay. We were so pleased with our stay that we immediately reserved a room for an upcoming evening out with friends.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Thai first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

The rooms have recently been renovated and they did a fantastic job. The 15th floor concierge level was consistent, stocked at all times and manned by a helpful and professional person willing to assist in needs and questions.

The room was very nice however the walls were thin as you can hear the 'goings on' of your neighbor(s). The appointments in the living area, bathroom and bedroom were great and the toiletries (which I normally don't use) were actually of a high caliber and plentiful.

The hotel staff was excellent; they exuded the Minneapolis charm and niceness that people from other places speak about. The restaurant was good, with a nice variety of foods and price points.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I normally don't write reviews but, since I always rely on Trip Advisor, thought I would start! This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are a great size, as are the bathrooms. They are well-appointed. I had requested a refrigerator in my room and it was there when I arrived. The front desk and the concierge were very helpful. The bed was clean, as was the bathroom (although there was a little trash in the bathroom trash can, but I won't hold that against the hotel). The desk even has an L-shaped extension you can add. The Fire Hook restaurant was good, if a bit pricey, but its the food costs matched other restaurants in the area and were actually a bit cheaper. I highly recommend this hotel. It is also much more reasonably priced than others in the area and the connected skyway makes it a great choice! In the heart of the shopping area and downtown.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I traveled to the Radisson in January 2011 for a conference. First, let me say that despite it being -15 at times outside, I was very impressed with the City of Minneapolis. This hotel is great as its connected to the Skyway which connects you to the rest of downtown. Also, you can use the Skyway to get to the light rail with easy access to the Airport and Mall of America. Very convenient! The staff was very professional and helpful. The rooms were decent size. My only complaint would have to be that the rooms seemed dated and you have ice on only 2 floors meaning its kind of a hassle to go get vending and ice. A major plus was the WIFI... I was expecting to have to pay for the access, but never had to. For a downtown hotel that's surprising to me. Overall, I'd recommend and if you're there in the winter, wander around the Skyway, there's a lot of shops, restaurants, coffee shops, etc to occupy you for hours.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Very easy to navigate and great service! We stayed with a large group for a hockey game and my fiance and I decided to stay one more night. The transition was simple and easy. This hotel was right downtown and easy to get to. I definitely would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

I never spent a night here, but I can tell you that the managers and staff working there are beyond nice and will go way out of there way to help you. This last November, there was a huge blizzard downtown and all the taxi services shut down. We went to the Radisson to see if we could get a hotel room, but they were booked up. The manager gave us all the information we could handle: taxi numbers, other hotels numbers, everything. There was about 30 people in the lobby and the manager handed out blankets and water to everybody. We were drunk college kids and wouldn't have gotten the service we did anywhere else, except the Radisson, (The Marriot told us we couldn't stay in their lobby to wait for taxi's and they wouldn't even help us).
Just for the fact that the people working at the Radisson are good people, you should stay there. They offer excellent service and as far as I saw, the hotel looked beautiful.

• Stayed November 2010
Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Stayed there on the Saturday after the large snowstorm in the beginning of November....they had the sidewalks properly shoveled. Free internet was great! Neither my husband or I were impressed with the sleepnumber bed, it felt like an aerobed/water bed to us. When he would lay down, I thought I was going to be pushed to the ceiling! Paid for the included breakfast, very good quality food. Felt like the air vent in the shower wall could be cleaned more frequently....very dusty. Other than that, great service, quick check in/out and loved the location!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Minneapolis? Share your experiences!