“Nice Downtown Marriott Close to Target Field” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Gift for You
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Downtown Marriott Close to Target Field”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Downtown Marriotts tend to have a more upscale feel than the Marriotts near airports or in suburban or rural areas. This Marriott in Downtown Minneapolis is pretty nice. The rooms are contemporary and very comfortable and the location is great--just a few blocks away from Target Field. Weekend room rates are reasonable too if you book ahead. By the way, you do have to sign a waiver about getting too loud so people may like to party here.

Pros: Great location (convenient to Target Field and connected to the Skyway), weekend room rates are not too high for a full service and slightly upscale feel, contemporary decor throughout the hotel, decent breakfast buffet, both valet and self parking are available

Cons: No in-room safe, you have to take three elevators to get to the self parking garage

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Rewards Gold or Platinum member, you have a good chance getting upgraded to a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel. Our location does make it convenient to Target Field, Target Center, and a number of local restaurants.

The hotel will start installing in-room safes toward the end of the year and we do offer safe deposit boxes through our front desk. We do ask our guests to sign weekend noise waiver to remind our guests to be considerate of others.

When you park your own car you do have to take 3 different elevators to get to your room. The hotel does offer a golf cart shuttle on the weekends to assist our guests with the arrival process.

Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel offers a very central location, great for the event we attended close by. As you find in other major cities, elevator to lobby and second set of elevators to room floor is a pain with luggage. Lobby bar is open late but noisy in the open floor design of the lobby level. Our room was compact and had a city view of an office building and parking garage. Room needed better cleaning (dusty, carpet dirty, surfaces not attended to). Perhaps it was a busy time with short turnover, we're usually happy with Marriott standards- this time was simply OK; I would stay here again if nothing better was available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel.

I regret that your stay was only "ok"; we strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations. I apologize that our cleanliness standard were not met in your room. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay and how we can make your next better.

Best regards,

Kurt Boerner
Phone: 612-349-4000
kurt.boerner@marriott.com
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Marriott is located between Nicollet Mall and Hennepin Avenue, perfect access ways to all the interesting spots in and around downtown. Light rail to/from airport for $2 is only a couple of blocks away. Approaching the hotel, one works oneselves through the crowds waiting at the bus station beside the hotel, then takes the elevator to the upper floor lobby and front desk. One might have to wait a bit if convention crowds are coming or going. My request for a higher floor and quiet room was accommodated with a smile. View from the tip of the triangular shaped hotel over the western part of the city. Modern, clean, well appointed room and bath - all you would expect from a Marriott. An in-room fridge would be nice though. The building across the street has huge roof top AC units whose engine/rotor sound is audible, but not too disturbing. Some street noise is funneling up to even rooms above the 20th floor.

Spent a weekend playing tourist (river walk, mill museum, farmers market, Walker modern art museum, sculpture garden = all in walking distance; MN Institute of Art and American Swedish Institute are a short bus ride, leaving from Nicollet Mall).

Was a group/meeting guest for three days and experienced good buffet breakfast and lunch. Staff was attentive all around. Good choice by my meeting organizer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here in late June as a conference attendee. My room (a double) was clean and comfortable, and with the exception of the first night (in which the air conditioning didn't work properly), I slept well. The hotel is a short walk from the light rail, which was incredibly convenient, and it's within walking distance of a number of great restaurants (a great upscale Mexican restaurant is just around the corner). My only concern: while I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, I was alarmed by some of the aggressive panhandlers who congregated just outside the hotel (this seems to be a problem for other hotels/establishments in the area, too). If I find myself in the Minneapolis area, I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

City Center is at the heart of the city. You can walk to the Target Center, to a Twins Game, to a Vikings Game or eat at a wide variety of restaurants. The best people watching restaurant is SEVEN at the end of the block. There is a mini store in the lobby where they have my kind of sustenance: Starbucks Coffee. I can live with that. The bar staff and concierge service is impeccable. My kids love the walkways with all of the shopping and the movie theater. They also love the Candy Shop across the street and we can never resist going in there.
I wouldn't think to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. Everything went very smoothly. Customer service is exemplary, housekeeping was very responsive, felt very well accommodated throughout our stay.

Would definitely stay here again.

Only downside is the parking (similar to most hotels in big cities). Valet is very friendly and quick to help you out, but the parking garage is far enough that it takes ~15 minutes just to pull the car up, and parking can be expensive if using the services.

• Stayed August 2013
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. I hope that our staff was able exceed your expectations during your stay.

We appreciate your comments regarding our valet service and understand that it can be expensive. Our valet pricing is comparable to others in town and we hope that the service they provided met your expectations.

Thank you again for staying with us the Minneapolis Marriott City Center and look forward to serving you again.
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First of all, this is a very nice hotel in a great location in downtown Minneapolis, and the price is quite reasonable. No, you don't get extras like wifi or free parking, but I wouldn't expect that in a higher-end downtown hotel. We stayed there for a Twins game and you could hardly find a better location (a quick 3 blocks to Target Field). The staff seemed very pleasant and helpful, and the rooms were updated, well maintained and clean. HOWEVER, our room was located very near the elevator and our sleep was disrupted from about 1:30 to 4:00 a.m. with people coming home from the bars. It was quite loud and very disruptive. This must be fairly commonplace as signs are placed near the elevators asking people to be quiet. This was a Saturday night and I would guess probably the worst night of the week for this problem. My parents' room was located down the hall and they were not disrupted by the noise so if I were to stay here again, I would request a room far from the elevators. The only other complaint I had is there seemed to be a dip in the middle of my bed. The other people in my party didn't have issues with that so I would assume I was just unlucky. Overall, I still rated this hotel high due to the location and value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kurtboerner, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding our hotel. We apologize that your sleep was disturbed by others during your stay. I know it is frustrating when you cannot get a good night sleep because of other guests returning late at night after enjoying their evening. We do have security on property to assist with trying to keep noise to a minimum.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we have another chance to serve you again.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott City Center? Share your experiences!