This Marriott is located between Nicollet Mall and Hennepin Avenue, perfect access ways to all the interesting spots in and around downtown. Light rail to/from airport for $2 is only a couple of blocks away. Approaching the hotel, one works oneselves through the crowds waiting at the bus station beside the hotel, then takes the elevator to the upper floor lobby and front desk. One might have to wait a bit if convention crowds are coming or going. My request for a higher floor and quiet room was accommodated with a smile. View from the tip of the triangular shaped hotel over the western part of the city. Modern, clean, well appointed room and bath - all you would expect from a Marriott. An in-room fridge would be nice though. The building across the street has huge roof top AC units whose engine/rotor sound is audible, but not too disturbing. Some street noise is funneling up to even rooms above the 20th floor.
Spent a weekend playing tourist (river walk, mill museum, farmers market, Walker modern art museum, sculpture garden = all in walking distance; MN Institute of Art and American Swedish Institute are a short bus ride, leaving from Nicollet Mall).
Was a group/meeting guest for three days and experienced good buffet breakfast and lunch. Staff was attentive all around. Good choice by my meeting organizer.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Minneapolis City Hotel
- Marriott Minneapolis City Hotel Minneapolis
- Marriott Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Minneapolis Marriott City Center - in the center of it all! Experience style and service at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center, just 1.5 blocks from Target Center in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. Connected to Macy's via skywalk access, one block from Gavidae Commons, half-block from the Nicollet Mall, and adjacent to City Center Shops, ideal for your next night on the town. Whether you’re looking for a romantic weekend getaway, a place to grab a quick bite to each before the game, or a happening bar offering game day specials, an outdoor terrace and 12 flat screen TVs, we have everything you need to celebrate, no matter the occasion. Make yourself at home in over 500 guest rooms, many with stunning views of the city skyline and enjoy one of our weekend packages complete with breakfast, Internet or late check-out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Minneapolis City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.