“Conference hotel - excellent choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Conference hotel - excellent choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here in late June as a conference attendee. My room (a double) was clean and comfortable, and with the exception of the first night (in which the air conditioning didn't work properly), I slept well. The hotel is a short walk from the light rail, which was incredibly convenient, and it's within walking distance of a number of great restaurants (a great upscale Mexican restaurant is just around the corner). My only concern: while I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, I was alarmed by some of the aggressive panhandlers who congregated just outside the hotel (this seems to be a problem for other hotels/establishments in the area, too). If I find myself in the Minneapolis area, I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

City Center is at the heart of the city. You can walk to the Target Center, to a Twins Game, to a Vikings Game or eat at a wide variety of restaurants. The best people watching restaurant is SEVEN at the end of the block. There is a mini store in the lobby where they have my kind of sustenance: Starbucks Coffee. I can live with that. The bar staff and concierge service is impeccable. My kids love the walkways with all of the shopping and the movie theater. They also love the Candy Shop across the street and we can never resist going in there.
I wouldn't think to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. Everything went very smoothly. Customer service is exemplary, housekeeping was very responsive, felt very well accommodated throughout our stay.

Would definitely stay here again.

Only downside is the parking (similar to most hotels in big cities). Valet is very friendly and quick to help you out, but the parking garage is far enough that it takes ~15 minutes just to pull the car up, and parking can be expensive if using the services.

• Stayed August 2013
Kurtboerner, Manager at Marriott Minneapolis City Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. I hope that our staff was able exceed your expectations during your stay.

We appreciate your comments regarding our valet service and understand that it can be expensive. Our valet pricing is comparable to others in town and we hope that the service they provided met your expectations.

Thank you again for staying with us the Minneapolis Marriott City Center and look forward to serving you again.
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First of all, this is a very nice hotel in a great location in downtown Minneapolis, and the price is quite reasonable. No, you don't get extras like wifi or free parking, but I wouldn't expect that in a higher-end downtown hotel. We stayed there for a Twins game and you could hardly find a better location (a quick 3 blocks to Target Field). The staff seemed very pleasant and helpful, and the rooms were updated, well maintained and clean. HOWEVER, our room was located very near the elevator and our sleep was disrupted from about 1:30 to 4:00 a.m. with people coming home from the bars. It was quite loud and very disruptive. This must be fairly commonplace as signs are placed near the elevators asking people to be quiet. This was a Saturday night and I would guess probably the worst night of the week for this problem. My parents' room was located down the hall and they were not disrupted by the noise so if I were to stay here again, I would request a room far from the elevators. The only other complaint I had is there seemed to be a dip in the middle of my bed. The other people in my party didn't have issues with that so I would assume I was just unlucky. Overall, I still rated this hotel high due to the location and value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kurtboerner, Manager at Marriott Minneapolis City Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to give us your feedback regarding our hotel. We apologize that your sleep was disturbed by others during your stay. I know it is frustrating when you cannot get a good night sleep because of other guests returning late at night after enjoying their evening. We do have security on property to assist with trying to keep noise to a minimum.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we have another chance to serve you again.
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

A great location for walking to restaurants, theaters, and stadiums. The staff are pleasant and the rooms are spacious. A connected parking ramp makes getting in and out easy. This is our go-to hotel when staying downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at this Marriott while I attended a conference. I had a good view from my room, and I found the hotel to be clean and inviting. This hotel is in a good location for attending Twins or Viking games. The hotel is also located on the sky-walk, through which most of downtown Minneapolis can be accessed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Crownsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Up to date and nicely located if you have business in downtown Minneapolis. The bi-level rooms up on the 31st floor are quite interesting with exceptional views of the city and suburbs. The concierge lounge is a very good one. Excellent breakfast. Good access to the skywalk (direct from floor 2 of the building) and the light rail (about 3-4 blocks).

Room Tip: If you can get up on 31, it is a very unique room with two levels and hug windows.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Minneapolis City Center? Share your experiences!