“Great for baseball trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
Indianapolis
“Great for baseball trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My son (4 1/2) and I stayed here for two nights in conjunction with a trip to watch a game at Target Field. We had an "executive suite" which is not a typical suite, but a nice oversized corner room. It was large enough to allow me to utilize the television after he had gone to sleep, but did not have a separate room as I had hoped. The hotel was very busy for the weekend with baseball and apparently a large high school volleyball tournament in the area. Other than a large number of people in the lobby, such a crowd was rarely an issue. We utilized valet parking (which was a bit pricy at $27/night), and other than having to summon the valet from the valet stand when we arrived at our car to leave, had no issues. The hotel is incredibly convenient for events at Target Center or Target Field and to the Nicolett Mall. It is located in a downtown area, so there are downtown noises through the day/night (car horns, sirens, street noise, etc), but not of an intense nature. The view from our room was great and we enjoyed our stay. If I ever needed to stay in Downtown Minneapolis again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here with 4 people on 4/27/13. We booked the room for 4 people and when checking in were told the room only had 1 queen sized bed. We were told that our room request for 2 beds was "just a request." The offered to upgrade us to a suite for an additional $50, which in my opinion is nice but we should have gotten a free upgrade. While we were dealing with our problem we were calling other hotels to look for 2 beds, we overheard another family of 4 dealing with the same problem. The manager came out to help him and we heard him say another family had the same situation. So by 1pm on a Saturday, 3 groups had this problem. They should be required to tell you, you will more than likely have only one bed.

We upgraded to the suite, which still only had one queen bed and a pull out. The room was really nice but the bed situation was still not ideal. The pull out couch was a joke. The blankets for it were paper thin and when we called to ask for additional blankets you would have thought we asked for their first born child.

Overall, it was really close to everything which was great and we wanted to go out and enjoy the nightlife, but the bed situation was just ridiculous. If there are just two of you it would be a perfect fit but and more people, not worth your time.

Room Tip: No double room guarantee!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stay here for two nights on a business trip. The hotel is perfectly located in downtown Minneapolis. It's a 5 minute walk to Target field and there are numerous restaurants & shopping close. The room was comfortable and large. The view was outstanding. The service was hit-or-miss.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I stayed in one of the hotel's bi-level suites which was very nice - living area downstairs and bedroom upstairs. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant - both the food and service were very good. I also had a couple of beers in the hotel bar and found the bar staff to be very friendly. The hotel has a great location in the heart of downtown and is within walking distance of a number of shops, bars, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Overall I liked the feel of this hotel and would definitely stay here again if in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ask for a room with a view, they will accommodate if they are able. We stayed on 4/20, a particularly busy weekend, so hotel was full. Room was clean and King bed was very comfortable. Access to rooms is strategically placed so that no random street traffic can enter room areas, a security feature I appreciated. Hotel has all expected amenities of a luxury hotel, but I think it was overpriced. I paid 10.00 to get Wi-fi in the room. It is free in common areas only. I paid $3.50 a piece for the water bottles in the room, but I did appreciate the notice of the charge in the bottles. The least expensive continental breakfast is $18. The good news is there are many good restaurants in the area. We had Pizza Luce delivered-(best pizza around). I would choose a less expensive hotel next time and cab it to my event.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room online through Expedia. Before checking in I called the hotel and spoke with David. I explained to him how I booked a 2 bed room through Expedia and wanted to confirm that my room would be reserved. The only information David could tell me is that if I had the confirmation number I would have my room. Upon checking Into the hotel the gentleman that helped us did not confirm what room we had booked. Once we reached our room we found that it was a king bed room. Immediately we called the front desk and explained that we booked a double bed room online. The manager, Will stated he would not give us a double room or discount the price. For paying $160 for a hotel I expected better customer service, especially from the manager. We also requested a roll out bed that never showed up....

In short, don't ever stay here if you're looking to get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Let's start with the positive; the hotel room was very clean, the reception staff were pleasant and professional, the location was terrific for the Nicollet Mall and the Target Centre, and there were lots of nice restaurants nearby. The down side was the noise. Although I was here with my family for this stay, I'm a business traveller and spend up to 60 nights a year in various downtown business hotels. In thirty years of staying in Sheratons, Fairmonts, Deltas and Mariotts in downtown locations, this was the first time I ended up in the hallway at 1:30 in the morning to tell a bunch of partying drunks that it was time to knock it off. I called security, but as the partiers were part of a very large group in the hotel, I can't say that any efforts by security were very effective. I was very disappointed with this hotel, and would not recommend it given their lack of effective effort at putting an end to the partying. (And while the location is really convenient, if you do stay here, avoid rooms looking towards the Target Centre - when the bars in the area get out you can here the yelling, horns honking and all the other noise that comes from bars quite clearly - we were on the 17th floor and might as well have been at street level.)

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face Target Centre and the nightclubs in that area are much quieter than those...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Minneapolis City Center? Share your experiences!