I spend about 8-10 nights a year in Minneapolis hotels. Minneapolis is a great hotel town and the Marriott Minneapolis City Center Hotel is up there with the best of them.
I was dropped off by taxi to what appeared to be an unusual entrance for a Marriott --- just a foyer with a flashy set of elevators. It is not so easy to see that the hotel registration is on the 5th Floor but once getting there there is a large open room that houses the registration and dining areas. The rooms were a touch above the standard Marriott grade --- and the bedding was luxurious (I have found the high-quality linens are not always used. The room and bathroom were larger than average. The water pressure in the shower was strong with a fancy large head. The Concierge Lounge was perfectly run and a perfect spot for a morning meeting with colleagues. The selection of food seemed more extensive; in addition to the usual breads, danish, eggs and meat there was smoked salmon with all the fixings and a special healthy egg-white veggie dish. The staff let us continue our meeting for several hours after the breakfast finished, which was much appreciated. Overall excellent experience at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Minneapolis City Hotel
- Marriott Minneapolis City Hotel Minneapolis
- Marriott Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Minneapolis Marriott City Center - in the center of it all! Experience style and service at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center, just 1.5 blocks from Target Center in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. Connected to Macy's via skywalk access, one block from Gavidae Commons, half-block from the Nicollet Mall, and adjacent to City Center Shops, ideal for your next night on the town. Whether you’re looking for a romantic weekend getaway, a place to grab a quick bite to each before the game, or a happening bar offering game day specials, an outdoor terrace and 12 flat screen TVs, we have everything you need to celebrate, no matter the occasion. Make yourself at home in over 500 guest rooms, many with stunning views of the city skyline and enjoy one of our weekend packages complete with breakfast, Internet or late check-out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Minneapolis City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.