“Holidazzel” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Anoka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at this property years ago, but this is the first time since it was remodeled and upgraded - I was very impressed. I had one of the nicer rooms that I have stayed in anywhere. Little touches such as a very soft light in the bathroom (couldn't be seen from the bed) really make a difference. The room was very clean and comfortable; the staff was very helpful and nice. If you're in downtown Minneapolis, the location on Nicollet Mall is ideal - very close to restaurants, theatres and most of the businesses located in the core. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The city view is great. I couldn't hear the traffic itself, but on the 15th floor, I could hear...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! So pleased that you enjoyed the renovations and that you had a great experience at the property. The staff works extremely hard so I was pleased to hear that you experienced the service we are known for. 'Highly recommend' is music to our ears! We hope to see you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I got a terrific price for a weekend stay at the Hyatt. My room was sizable, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet. Shower only, no tub, for the room I had. Very nice and helpful staff. I paid a bit extra, and had breakfast added, which was excellent, with many choices, and very plentiful. Busses stop right outside the hotel, in case you are not driving, and you are near several restaurant options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review! So glad you had a great experience and that you enjoyed your stay. Of course, I was most pleased to hear that you the service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return!
dayton, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Hyatt Regency has been my second home for nine consecutive months. When you travel as much as I do it's important to find a place that makes your time away somewhat bearable.

Here are just a few things that set the Hyatt apart from any other hotel:
- Multimillionaire renovation with modern rooms, flat screen TV's, stone showers and a sit down vanity in the bathroom (I've only seen this as the norm in Vegas).
- Recent upgrade to build-out over a hundred new suites with more configurations than I've ever seen offered
- Great restaurant and robust market place for the essentials and beyond
- HUGE gym.....if you rate a hotel based on this fact alone you will not find any comparable. Their space is as large as a Gold's Gym with full size basketball court, yoga rooms, racquetball and four converted racket ball rooms for boxing, cardio, nautilus and free weights.
- A free shuttle service that will take you around the city limits

But the thing that actually sets this hotel apart is their customer service. This simple premise is ingrained and lived out by every single employee...and this is why I will only stay at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis. Although it would be an exhaustive list for me to highlight every person that has make an impact on my stay, I have a few very worthy notable mentions:
- Management and Front Desk- General Manager Mark, Nina, Erwin, Reagan and Whitney
- Driver- Bob
- Marketplace- Kat, Eileen and the friendliest person I know, Frank
- Regency Club- Angel and Kirk

Although every employee has contributed to making my stays enjoyable, there is one in particular that always goes above and beyond has is the primary reason or my allegiance to the Hyatt. Kirk, the concierge in the Regency Club, who can provide a recommendation to any restaurant or entertainment venue in the city, saves me grapefruits each week (after finding out I ate them at home), and who completes my evening with one of his many stories and always with a smile on his face.

These are just a few of the many examples of exceptional customer service I've experienced from the Hyatt and while all the extras are nice to have, this is the single most important reason why I stay here...and so should you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! It has truly been a pleasure being your host and we will miss you at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis. We hope that you will soon return for a vacation visit. Our doors (and especialy our staff) will always welcome you!
Lake Villa, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Very disappointed in the Hyatt Minneapolis. This used to be a great hotel, but the last few years Have been terrible. I stay here every year around this time for 4 or 5 days, but never again. Today I get a call from them they leave a vm that says the Regency Club will closed this weekend for remodeling. 3 days before check-in. Terrible, you didn't know this when I spoke with reservations weeks ago? You wait until the last minute and spring it on me and offer a minimal credit for the ruined trip. How dare you! This is very poor customer service. Can't wait to see how much worse it gets when I get there and how many more problems I will have.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review. I'm extremely disappointed in you experience and would like to make it right by you. It certainly isn't the service we are known for. Can you possibly contact me at 612.596.4505 or mark.becker@hyatt.com? I look forward to hearing from you.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We just stayed 6 days at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis. From the very beginning we were very impressed with the look of the hotel as well as the staff's willingness to assist us (Lizzie). We ran into a climate control problem in our room and feel that Patricia was highly professional in her handling of the situation. The food at the Prairie Kitchen was amazing and the server (gosh, I wish I could remember his name) was superior - he was the highlight of our stay. The market provides fresh, interesting offerings daily.. The exercise facilities, along with the basketball court were a welcome additional to our stay. The pool leaves so much to be desired. It is boring in appearance and it seems as though they renovated all but that space so there is a a stark contrast between the entire balance of the hotel and their pool. If they do plan to renovate, in the meanwhile, bringing in some nice lighting to make it more appealing and, perhaps some decor items (i.e. palm trees with tiny lights on them, tropical accents, nice lounger chairs and tables. We saw two people in pool over 6days I am surprised that this space is as stark and neglected as it is.

Josh, evening manager, needs additional training from Patricia on how to deal with customer concerns. His response to difficult situations is less than customer service focused. He has a good role model in Patricia and it would truly benefit the hotel if he were given the tools to handle situations with the customer in mind.

Room Tip: The room that we had had a stunning view, we didn't request it, we just received it. I think th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review! I will certainly review your experience with Patricia to get all of the details. I appreciate your comments on the pool and we will see what we can do. Glad you enjoyed Prairie Kitchen and Bar and we look forward to your return.
Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Tagged along with my wife on a business trip, and had a great time.

The booking service we used booked us for two queens, and we really wanted a king. They not only resolved that issue, but upgraded us to an awesome executive suite. The check in took awhile, as there were two DJ's who weren't even checking in, but wanted to see the convention space, were hassling the agent to see it. Mind you it was 8pm on a Thursday night. He took care of them as quickly as he could, and then helped us with great care. It was a busy night as the Vikings were playing that night. He gave us a great recommendation for dinner, a short walk down the Nicolette Mall, which it sits on. Great location!

The room and all areas were beautiful, and just what you'd expect from Hyatt.

Breakfast was great, and the service in the restaurant was wonderful too.

Stay here it was awesome.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. So pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that we were able to upgrade you. Thank you again for visiting and we look forward to future visits for Vikings games!

Been to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis? Share your experiences!