“new to me” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“new to me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Big comfy lobby, a welcome respite, not an after thought.Easy check in, We were early and still they were able to get our room. My wife and I hunt for the best coffee and hot chocolate we can find before our meetings start. The bell hop gave us all he could and it was great information. We knew we found a new gem in a city with many choices. The rooms where new and roomy and we actually slept the first night. The down is still this idea that hotels should make money on internet hook-ups note to management it is short sighted. The best was the cafe again a true part of the guest experience not some over flow space. Connected directly to the kitchen and open 6 am everyday,with a real area champion( manager) the space was clean neat and coffee was just fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! Glad you enjoyed the Market, it is one of my favorite locations in the hotel! Certainly appreciate the comment regarding internet. The vast majority of full service hotels also charge, while the limited service brands do not. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency in Minnesota. I was pleasantly surprised with the lobby and surroundings - the decorations were contemporary takes on "classic Minnesota history" and were lovely. There was ample room and the food in the restaurant was quite good. Check in was easy and the room was excellent. The furnishings in general are a solid step above what you would find in most of the major chains, particularly in the bathroom. The workout area was EXCELLENT in that there was no shortage of machines, a full basketball court, and an area dedicated to freeweight and medicine ball, etc workouts. Lastly, the location was close to a number of good restaurants and nightlife, and access to the breezeway was very convenient given the cold weather.

The only drawbacks I experienced were related to the location of my room and some minor construction. I was in a room on the 7th floor facing the pool. The balcony would have been lovely, except that the chlorine and pool smell was somewhat overpowering. It was also a little noisy in the morning, with early morning swimmers being audible through the glass balcony door. My only other complaint was that there was some construction going on during the day, and as I had to stay in my room to work during part of my visit, it was distracting to the point of being unpleasant. However, in their defense, it was done during the day when they expected the least amount of people to be present to minimize the discomfort. In addition, they were very responsive when I mentioned it during checkout and adjusted my food service bill without my asking, which was quite generous.

Overall, I think this hotel was great and I would have no problem booking my next stay in Minneapolis here!

Room Tip: I would request a room that is not facing the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review! Sorry about the noise, we were making some necessary adjustments to the facility that couldn't be avoided. Thr gym is pretty spectacular! 30,000 square feet and never a wait for a piece of equipment. Glad to hear you enjoyed the local touches as part of the renovation. We hope to see you back soon!
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel has a modern design, both in the rooms and in the public areas. The lighting in the rooms is great, especially the bathroom. The rooms are comfortable and easy to live in. The only problem we noticed was the carpet needed to be vacuumed. We finally got housekeeping to do it when we barged in on them while they were servicing the room.

The restaurant is great, and very innovative. The lounge has great lighting and ambience. There is a nice and convenient connection to the parking garage.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the thougtful review! We have made recent adjustments to lighting levels in the restaurant and bar and I was thrilled to hear that it has been noticed. The restaurant menu is going through some winter changes now, so you will just have to come back and try it out. As a hint, you will see more bison!
Chisholm, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Have not stayed at this property for a couple years as it was getting tired. I booked the hotel and was pleasantly surprised at the renovations. Rooms were well done with alot of room and the bathroooms were well done. Big improvement over the last time I stayed here. Go for it and check it out....great location!!

Room Tip: corner rooms are nice!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for the great review! So glad you enjoyed the renovation, we're thrilled with the way it came out. Come back and see us very soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Checked in for three nights Sunday to Wednesday. We weren't part of a large conference also going on in the hotel, but it didn't seem to affect us much.

The lobby and public areas seem to have recently been updated and have a good feel. The pool was a disappointment but the fitness center was very above average.

The self-parking ($17/night) was significantly cheaper than valet ($30) and relatively easy to figure out. The front desk staff were helpful, including accommodating our request to push checkout by a half hour (to 12:30 p.m. instead of noon).

The room was nicely appointed with a nice bed/bedding. The bathroom was above average -- spacious with nice tile/counter. The housekeeping was above average -- very attentive to restocking things and generally tidying up.

I'd ask for a room away from the elevators -- the way they're set up, there's four rooms on each floor exceptionally close to the elevator bank, which could get annoying. We didn't have to pay for internet as part of our rate, but I think it's a standard charge, which would be disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review! There certainly has been a buzz around the hotel with our recent occupancy levels. The space feels so great with all of the activity! The fitness center is certainly a favorite of mine. We hope to see you back very soon!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was the first time I experienced the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis and was very pleased. The club floor rooms are the way to go. Not huge,but very well equipped. The hotel has new proximity locks on their doors so my cell phone does not demagnetize my key card.Nice to have an in room safe with a light inside the safe. Kirk the Concierge was very helpful and sure knows his restaurants.Great bed and good housekeeping. The Wifi worked well.

Room Tip: Club Floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recognizing Kirk in our Regency Club! He is a fantastic member of our team and represents all so very well. The RFID keys are fantastic and make things very convenient. We are glad you were here and don't forget to come back and visit Kirk in the future!
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a conference at the convention center. I had requested a Diamond Suite upgrade with this stay, but it was not recognized at check in. I inquired and received a deluxe king, which was a large room with a small living area, which is about what I had expected. The room was at the end of the hall in the third floor. All the sites I was told are on low floors. It was a LONG walk to the elevators through a maze, and even longer to the ice machine. Had the ice been closer it would have been more acceptable. Room was clean and the bathroom shower was terrific. Large floor to ceiling windows looked out at...the millennium hotel. Oh we'll. Very small, attended, Regency Club with your normal fare. Fortunately it was not busy when I was there. Restaurant is pretty good--I like the farm to market concept and this one does it as we'll as any hotel would. Nice comfortable lobby where I hung out one night just to people watch and enjoy the ambiance. Short walk to restaurants and the convention center. My only complaint about service was at the bar. The bartender seemed to ignore new customers to concentrate on other duties, creating long waits to the drink order. She
was recommending/pushing the fish dinner which unfortunately was tasteless not only to me but the 2 others who got it at the bar at the same time. Oh well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback and I appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt as a Diamond Member. I'm glad that most of your experience was very positive but am certainly concerned regarding the attitude of the bartender. Would love to speak with you personally if you have a moment. I can be reached at mark.becker@hyatt.com or 612.596.4505 We hope to see you soon!

Been to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis? Share your experiences!