“A nice quite and clean hotel in DT Minneapolis!” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“A nice quite and clean hotel in DT Minneapolis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Review for 1 king/ (Hotwire) room ($233 rate/night Advance Purchase):

Recently remodeled, the hotel was very clean and the beds were comfortable. My trip was partly business/vacation but I was surprised by how quite it was! I only heard 1 door slam and only saw 1/2 people in the hallway my entire trip...by the elevator!

Me and another traveler whom I didn't know were both on the 3rd floor and when we got off the elevator we were both a bit confused regarding the signage directions to our rooms..we had a good laugh and managed to find where we were staying.

The staff seemed friendly. I ate at the Prairie Kitchen and Bar in the hotel and it was pricey but very good (roasted chicken with asparagus/potatoes were excellent). I checked in around 3:30 with no wait...the same is true with checkout.

I was a little disappointed the pool closed at 9 PM probably for security reasons! I wish it was open until 10/11.

I would recommend this hotel but maybe during an off season. Even though I got a good rate while others in the area were booked it was still a little pricey. Also if you take the light-rail double check to see what stop to get off at or use the FREE shuttle service. I walked 7 blocks from Nicollet Mall to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review! Pleased to hear that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed Prairie Kitchen and Bar. We love the new menu and also the new menu in the Market. Glad you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for a quick trip to the Twin Cities in September. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. It's a large hotel and there was quite a bit of business conference traffic, but the rooms were quiet and comfortable. The StayFit Gym was huge and included areas for boxing as well as a full basketball court! The Prairie Kitchen and Bar was a great spot! We had the bar menu one night with buffalo sliders and blue cheese potato chips that were awesome! The desert menu is a game changer (get the vanilla pancake dish). You'll probably want to keep your venturing to Nicollet Mall heading towards downtown. It was an easy walk to Target Field...we took in a couple Twins games. We had a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so proud of the new menu in Prairie Kitchen and Bar. The sliders and blue cheese chips were a great choice. What else can I say about the vanilla pancakes. Pure heaven! Thank you again for the review and I am most pleased that you found the staff so personable. We look forward to your next visit!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency just prior to the Labour Day weekend. The staff members were exceptionally friendly and helpful (and VERY easy on the eyes...good looking people in Minneapolis and at the Hyatt, especially!); the rooms were spacious and modern with all the latest amenities; the food was excellent; the location was perfect; the workout facilities were enormous; and the price was a dream. The beds were SO incredibly comfortable that it was a shame to get up in the morning. The only negative (which isn't saying much) is that the swimming pool looked old and was in a courtyard in full view of hotel guests' rooms. It would have been nice had the pool been more private or if the workout facilities had a spa area. However, that's just nitpicking. Overall, this was an unexpected treat and I would not hesitate to stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was recently staying at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis. I had a mixed experience. Some of the experience was great, like the view from the room and the quality of the food. Other things really could have used some improvement.

First, the positive aspects of the trip were as follows:

-The lobby and the hotel itself was quite beautiful.
-The staff was pleasant and friendly.
-The room was pretty and I loved the view of downtown Minneapolis.
-The beds were really comfortable.
-The location was fabulous, very close to everything and easy to find.

Some of the negative aspects of trip were as follows:

- The reservation I made was for a king bed in a non-smoking room on a high floor. We got two queens in a smoking room. It didn't smell, so we didn't care too much, but it was still a little disappointing that they didn't get the reservation quite right.
We purchased a room category that included a free breakfast, and they tried to charge us for that breakfast upon check out, despite us previously confirming that we did get a free breakfast.
- When we arrived we ordered room service and although the food was delicious, we paid $50.00 for an omelette and two pancakes. Bacon was extra, english muffin was extra. The pricing was a little tedious, I felt nickle-and-dimed, and it was overpriced to begin with.
- The toilet seat hadn't been cleaned properly from the last guests, and it was obvious.
- At 3:00am, there was a ruckus in the hall way. A hoard of drunken young adults were stampeding around the hallways and screeching. I had to wake up at 5:30am for my conference, so I was not impressed to say the least. We called the front desk and couldn't get through (presumably because other guests were calling at the same time). It took a good 15-20 minutes to get security to remove them all. We probably lost the better part of an hour's sleep because of it. Of course, the hotel did what it could and responded as quickly as it could, but it was quite the black mark on my experience there.
- The next day, when my fiance tried to check out, they had recorded us as staying two nights instead of one, and tried to charge us for it. They also tried to charge us for the breakfast which we had prepaid when we reserved the room. I had already left for my conference at this point, so he had to stand at the desk and convince the attendants that we had, in fact, only stayed one night. We did order a movie for $5 and the room service the night before, and that was right to be charged to us, but they were trying to charge us hundreds of dollars above and beyond what we actually owed. My fiance was able to sort most of it out, but it took about twenty minutes. I don't know how our reservation was so badly messed up, because between check in and check out only 16 hours passed. Upon check in the gentleman (Tim!) confirmed with me our reservation, and it was at that time correct, so I don't know what went awry in the meantime. It was frustrating though.

I was really looking forward to the experience of staying the night in the Hyatt Regency, and it turned into quite the headache.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Please accept my apolgies for the less than aceptable stay that you had. Certainly not what we are about and we are embarrassed. Please contact me at mark.becker@hyatt.com or 612.596.4505 so that I can address with you directly. Thank you.
Monticello, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hotel was very nice, line to check in was VERY long...but overall experience with the room and employees of the hotel were great! Tammy (the operator) was the BEST!!!!! We went to a concert at the Target Center, it was little too far to walk, so we used a pedi=cab. Worked fine!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for the great review and please know that we will thank Tammy for her efforts! Love your Trip Advisor name as my family relocated from Florida to Minneapolis this year. The pedicabs are great and the Target Center is about a mile from the hotel. Thank you for choosing us and come back and see us very soon!
Greenwich, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my wife and 2 1/2 year old son just before Labor Day weekend. Initially I was thinking of staying somewhere that was more in the middle of the downtown area, however I settled on the Hyatt because we received an excellent deal on a suite, and that was preferable so that we had a separate room for our son's crib. Well the location was just fine, it was a very brief walk up the street to some restaurants, shopping and Target Field for a Twins game. Even with a small child, (sometimes in a stroller, sometimes letting him just walk himself or carrying him) it was not a far walk at all.
The hotel was excellent. The lobby was huge and really well designed and decorated. Our suite was on the 4th floor, which is also the level that a bunch of conference rooms are on, it was quiet the entire time which was just what we wanted. The suite was huge. A very good size living room with a large "L" shaped couch, desk, television etc. There was a huge bathroom with an additional oval vanity mirror and seat to the side of the main sink, and my wife loved that. The bed room was also huge, with a very comfortable king size bed. Our view looked out over a courtyard in the back of the hotel with a pyramid shaped fountain and people coming and going on foot and on bikes, it was nice.
We chose the 'self park' option which I think was $17/day. From the garage it was just an elevator ride and short walk past the convention/ball rooms to the main lobby.
The first night we arrived late and ate dinner at Prairie Kitchen, both of our meals were very good and hearty. Service was good and the dirty martini was good. There is also a store called the Market just off the lobby that sells some good looking fresh food as well as the usual supplies and items you might need if you were staying in a hotel, plus a large selection of beverages and some souvenirs.
The fitness center was amazing. The photos on here just do not do it justice, it was huge and spotless. A huge room with a lot of cargo equipment and weight machines, 2 separate rooms with free weights, a boxing room with speed bags and heavy bags, another room with some mats, excersize balls, and dumbells, full court basketball, a squash court etc. There was also a neat outdoor area just off the gym with some tables and chairs. I went out there before my workout and jumped some rope around 7am just to warm up and that was very refreshing.
Overall we are more than happy with this hotel and our stay. The price for the suite was very reasonable, and actually less expensive than a regular room at some of the other hotels in town. I hope I have a reason to come back to Minneapolis because I would stay at this hotel again in a second.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the detailed and thorough review, you are doing our job for us! The new suites are great and are very reasonably priced for an upgrade. Having the separate living space in those Executive Suites is GREAT with the kids. Both the Market and Prairie are great for dining options and I was pleased you had an opportunity to try both. The fitness center is truly incredible and has so much to offer. We hope you find lots of reasons to return to Minneapolis!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed in multiple locations this trip. And I have to say, Go With The Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis. The updated designs give more room to move about. Beds at the Marriott Autograph were more comfy and great for travelers w pets. But something about staying in a room w dogs as guests...

• Stayed September 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our renovation and that you will return. We appreicate the recommendation and hope to see you soon!