“City center” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Anywhere, USA
“City center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the downtown Hyatt Regency, near the convention center, while in Minneapolis in mid-August. The place was great. It was quiet and seemed to be well run. The room was wonderful (can't beat those Hyatt mattresses). The restaurant and bar were fun. And the location was on the edge of both the Nicolett Mall and a greenway that stretched to a nearby park. We didn't need a car -- instead we caught a free bus heading down the mall or walked the 8 blocks or so over to the light rail system. We'll stay here the next time we are in town if we can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the great review and we were thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay! I love the Grand Bed also and they can be ordered for home use as well. The light rail is so convenient to get to the Mall of America and the airport as well. Glad you were able to experience the activity on the Mall and we hope to see you back soon!

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Kronenwetter WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Room was clean and smelled good. Hotel was in very good condition. Bathroom nice and roomy. . Pool area very nice. Loved the location downtown. Staff was helpful and had smiles on their faces. Would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review and I was pleased to hear that you found the team here so friendly! We certainly set a high standard and I'm glad to see we met your expectations. Sounds like your guest room experience was good as well. We look forward to being of service to you very soon!
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice hotel, spacious and comfortable room, amazingly good room service breakfast with great Italian coffee. Well located on Nicolet Mall, easy walking to downtown stores. Friendly staff and contemporary interiors, very comfortable beds and very quiet. Large bathroom and spacious bedroom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Amazingly good is music to our ears! I am very proud of our food and beverage team and glad you had a good experience. We are so proud of our renovation and glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well! Don't be a stranger and come back to the Twin Cities soon!
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not much to say except it's a very nice hotel to stay at when doing business in Mpls. Rooms are remodelled with new furniture, nice big bathroom with glass shower, very comfy beds. Internet is 10$ a day and has enough bandwidth for Netflix. Gym is large and very well equipped. Parking ramp always has space and is 14$ a day. I'd say the only negative point are the elevators. We had a 5 person lineup on my first morning waiting for the elevator. After a few minutes we all took the stairs which are not awesome since it's a fire escape path and they don't allow reentry into the building. So you need to walk down the stairs, exit the building, and come back through the front door. Not a big deal for me since I was on the 3rd floor. I'll definitely come back anyhow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sorry to hear that you had a wait for the elevator. We did have a conference in over the weekend with an unusually high number of day visitors. In the future, we will need to be a little more pro-active in these cases and direct guests to our service elevators when appropriate. I was glad to hear that your experience was otherwise positive and thank you for the feedback!
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel comfort and services are nice and looking good but the cleanliness of my room wasn't satisfying since the rubbish and the forgotten hötel card that were lying underneath my night table stayed there during 10 days...

Some member of the personnel serving us during our scientific meeting were rude and arguing with customers???

The first and the last breakfast that I had at the hôtel restaurant were very good, complete and excellent but the breakfast that we were served during the scientific meeting were horrible.

Those breafasts had no cereals or oatmeal, no cheese or dairy products. The peanut butter and jams were served in separates bowls but everybody could dig from them. This is the perfect cross contamination system I have ever seen in an hôtel.

We were a group of 200 representatives for 63 countries specialized in food hygiene and food safety; so I'm not the only one who picked it up; be assured. How can this be???

One positive point is that they have a wonderful training gym with a full basketball court. This is the best hôtel gym I have seen in the world so far.

There was no cold water from the taps in my room. Propably the path between the cold water source and my taps was too long but the other possibility is that there might also be a mix between water from the hot water tank and the running cold water source which can lead to legionellosis!!!

The air conditionning system is pretty Noisy so sleep quality is bad.

This hôtel is certainly not one that I would recommend and definetively not up to the reputation that Hyatt is suppoed to have. Very dissapointing and frustrating.

Room Tip: Room by the pool might be interesting for families.
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had a business meeting at the Hyatt in Minneapolis and chose to stay there as well. The hotel was in excellent condition and the staff was clearly very proud of it. I think that partly as a result of this - the service was excellent (let's hope it stays that way). The finishes are all very and it is clear they did the remodel right. The location is great for the convention center and we found lots of great and interesting places to eat just down the street on "the mall".
I've got another meeting in May of next year and I'll be back.

Room Tip: Stay in the club level and enjoy a very nice breakfast in the morning (a negative is there is no cof...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review and pointing out some opportunities. I am hoing it is possible for you to contact me at mark.becker@hyatt.com or 912.596.4505 to provide some additional information for research purposes as well as attempt to regain your faith in Hyatt Regency Minneapolis. I appreciate the feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Diamond Member

Booked standard suite.
Checked into standard suite.
(No further upgrade.)

Diamond amenities were great.

Website listed certain room amenities I'm used to seeing in Hyatt suites and even standard rooms, but I had to call down for those amenities.

Room was large, train style, walk through sitting area, then by bathroom and bedroom in back.

Halls are like a never ending maze. Gets annoying to go in/out. Parking lot is so far from lobby it reminded me of walking in/out of a typical casino.

Walls are paper thin. I felt like I had a child to take care of because of how clear the baby's crying was next door, day & night.

Shower pressure was absurd. We were joking about how if you are not careful you can wind up with whiplash or internal injuries from how strong it is.

Parking $17/night. In general, parking in most cities is a pain, so this is fine.

Its good for the low rate I paid. Gets the job done.

Highlight was the breakfast buffet. Happy with that ending to our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review and for the feedback. Glad to hear that your Diamond Status was appropriately recognized and that we had a suite upgrade available for your stay. As you might be aware, several of our rooms are new so I would appreciate a room number if posible to see if the noise issue can be abated. My email is mark.becker@hyatt.com. Appreciate the feedback and hope that we can be of service to you in the future!

Been to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis? Share your experiences!