“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency for our anniversary. Stayed on the 21st floor just off of the elevators. We were woken up by noisy guests returning in the early morning. The rooms were very nice and clean. The only unclean part of the room was the shower vent which was full of dust. The bed was very comfortable and overall I was happy with this hotel. Within close walking distance of downtown.

• Stayed August 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
So glad you chose us to celbrate your anniversary and that you had a good experience! I would love to know the room number at your convenience so I can personally inspect it. My email is Mark.Becker@hyatt.com. Hope to see you back very soon!

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for business; however, I enjoyed the location and accessibility to lot of restaurants. It is located in downtown near many shopping too. The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff are very friendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here while in Minnesota for a wedding. The hotel and room it self was nice. It is close to Nicollette Mall which I was told was a happening place. There were a lot of homeless people out on the street during the day. We did not eat in the hotel. There are a lot of places to eat within a 5-10 min walk from the hotel. You can even walk to see a Twins and/or a T'Wolves game. There are walk ways connected to a lot of the building to keep you warm and dry during the winter but it was beautiful while we were there and we chose to walk outside on the streets. There did not seem to be a lot of historic builiding in the city but that is not the hotels fault. I would stay here again if I was in Minneapolis again. I only paid $65 per night through www.priceline.com.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights while attending a conference. The conference facilities are very nice and the food was quite good. My room was recently renovated and I had a decent city view. The desk staff are over the top friendly and accommodating. The lobby is spacious and attractive. The area surrounding the hotel is clean and quiet. A very nice stay indeed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you fo the fantastic review. I'm always so proud of the team to hear when the go "over the top friendly"! Thriled that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed the recent renovation. We look forward to your return!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just stayed here one night for a "girls-night," so i didn't experience much of the hotel itself, but the room we stayed in was quite nice. The bathroom is spacious and gorgeous. Nice fixtures and i love a room with a vanity table complete with lighting and mirrors. The beds were comfy, it just felt a little cramped with two queen beds in the room, but not a major deal. It had a nice lounge chair and table, but again, not overall a super large room. we ended up eating our late-night pizza on the floor - not that we cared! The lobby and check-in area was airy and super modern. Again, we really just used the room to sleep in, but what I saw of the rest of the hotel looked nice. The parking is expensive, but it's attached, and your in downtown MSP, so what do you expect! We went to a concert at Target Center, and we could have walked, it wasn't that far, but it was also a super cheap cab ride away. Probably a more convenient hotel if you are staying there for a convention center as that's the side of downtown you are on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sounds like you had a great time at Target Center for your girls night! The hotel is so convenient to many night time options and certainly a walk to the Center. We hope that you come back and see us very soon!
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was there for a conference. The room was spacious and clean, nice working desk. The shower was clean, with shampoo, conditioner and even tooth paste.
The sport club is huge and well equipped, the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel. It is open daily until midnight.

The WI-FI internet connection was very poor, and often disconnect. Usually I had to sit outside of my room in the corridor in order to have reception. It is not complimentary, usually about 10$/day

They didn't have a "green" option that is common in other hotels recently, to request not to change your towels every day. I would be happy to use such option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
So glad you had a great experience! Disappointing that our green information wasn't more visible to you. We do have an option to not change sheets and towels on a daily basis to help conserve water and electricity. Thank you for opting to participate in these programs! We do our best to reduce our carbon foot print asmuch as possible by utilizing these programs, sourcing local vendors (80% of our renovation product came from the United States) as well as an aggressive food and waste re-cycling program. Look forward to your return!
Oxford, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was the conference hotel for my professional society's annual conference so I didn't actually spend much time in the room/at the hotel. The hotel was very gorgeous and has been completely re-done recently. The room was comfortable and a great size. The one negative was that I couldn't reach the hotel wireless in my room (located in a corner of the twelfth floor) which was a bit of a bummer. I also had a light in my room that didn't work so the room was pretty dark. Not a big deal since I was rarely in the room but it would have been nice to have both of those things.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis? Share your experiences!