“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Maine
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights while attending a conference. The conference facilities are very nice and the food was quite good. My room was recently renovated and I had a decent city view. The desk staff are over the top friendly and accommodating. The lobby is spacious and attractive. The area surrounding the hotel is clean and quiet. A very nice stay indeed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you fo the fantastic review. I'm always so proud of the team to hear when the go "over the top friendly"! Thriled that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed the recent renovation. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just stayed here one night for a "girls-night," so i didn't experience much of the hotel itself, but the room we stayed in was quite nice. The bathroom is spacious and gorgeous. Nice fixtures and i love a room with a vanity table complete with lighting and mirrors. The beds were comfy, it just felt a little cramped with two queen beds in the room, but not a major deal. It had a nice lounge chair and table, but again, not overall a super large room. we ended up eating our late-night pizza on the floor - not that we cared! The lobby and check-in area was airy and super modern. Again, we really just used the room to sleep in, but what I saw of the rest of the hotel looked nice. The parking is expensive, but it's attached, and your in downtown MSP, so what do you expect! We went to a concert at Target Center, and we could have walked, it wasn't that far, but it was also a super cheap cab ride away. Probably a more convenient hotel if you are staying there for a convention center as that's the side of downtown you are on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sounds like you had a great time at Target Center for your girls night! The hotel is so convenient to many night time options and certainly a walk to the Center. We hope that you come back and see us very soon!
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was there for a conference. The room was spacious and clean, nice working desk. The shower was clean, with shampoo, conditioner and even tooth paste.
The sport club is huge and well equipped, the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel. It is open daily until midnight.

The WI-FI internet connection was very poor, and often disconnect. Usually I had to sit outside of my room in the corridor in order to have reception. It is not complimentary, usually about 10$/day

They didn't have a "green" option that is common in other hotels recently, to request not to change your towels every day. I would be happy to use such option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
So glad you had a great experience! Disappointing that our green information wasn't more visible to you. We do have an option to not change sheets and towels on a daily basis to help conserve water and electricity. Thank you for opting to participate in these programs! We do our best to reduce our carbon foot print asmuch as possible by utilizing these programs, sourcing local vendors (80% of our renovation product came from the United States) as well as an aggressive food and waste re-cycling program. Look forward to your return!
Oxford, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was the conference hotel for my professional society's annual conference so I didn't actually spend much time in the room/at the hotel. The hotel was very gorgeous and has been completely re-done recently. The room was comfortable and a great size. The one negative was that I couldn't reach the hotel wireless in my room (located in a corner of the twelfth floor) which was a bit of a bummer. I also had a light in my room that didn't work so the room was pretty dark. Not a big deal since I was rarely in the room but it would have been nice to have both of those things.

Hanover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel was clean, contemporary, within walking distance of all things downtown, and directly on the bus line. The hotel lobby is great but the gym area lounge area and gym were over the top. The staff were friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this hotel. It is across the street from the convention center with all the amenities you need - well no complimentary breakfast but restaurant w/in the hotel and small market store.
The rooms are excellent too but so much to do in and around the hotel you will not spend much time there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
The staff was so proud to see your comments and humbled to know that we made that much of an impact on your stay. Minneapoils is such a fantastic city with so much to offer! We appreciate the kind words and please know that we constantly strive to provide this type of experience. Please come back and see us very soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis was a very happy accident, and because of the great quality of stay I had here in June I've stayed at two others since! I stumbled upon a Priceline deal, which came to $80 with all taxes included, but I would have paid much more. The room I stayed in was very clean, with a large King bed, a sofa, and a large bathroom with a vanity. That made it easy for two women to get ready at the same time, which was greatly appreciated! As for location, this was within walking distance to Loring Park and all the shops and restaurants on Nicollet Mall. The staff were very friendly, the bed was comfortable and overall the entire hotel was gorgeous. My only complaint is that there was no free wifi in the room, but since I was only there a short time it wasn't an issue. Be prepared to pay $17/night for self-park or $28/night for valet. I can't wait to stay here again the next time I'm in Minneapolis!

• Stayed June 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We love converts!! Thank you for taking the time to review and we are so glad you had a great experience. The staff here works very hard to exceed expectations and it's great to hear when we have succeeded. Please come back and see us soon so that you can drink more of the Hyatt kool aid!
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have never stayed at a Hyatt property before, but will be back. Customer service was top notch -- I was able to check in early and the rate included the breakfast buffet. The room was quiet, modern, had a nice view of downtown Minneapolis & the bathroom was sleek and clean. But the highlight was the hotel workout rooms and I mean ROOMS. There were about 5 different workout rooms that included about 25 cardio machines, 2 rowers, bosu balls, medicine balls, tons of free weights, & every kind of weight machine imaginable. Plus, a basketball court & yoga studio. Unbelievable! The hotel staff were also visible, cleaning the machines and keeping the place spic & span.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled that you had a fantastic experience and enjoyed your stay. The gym is pretty special, isn't it? We are currently having the basketball court re-finished an it looks great! Come back and see us very soon!

Been to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis? Share your experiences!