“Convenient, Clean, Classy” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Convenient, Clean, Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I felt safe here traveling for a conference. The front desk staff was knowledgable as well as personable. The room was clean and the bathroom was massive! I ate lunch at the hotel restaurant one time and it was very good with fresh ingredients. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the fabulous review! While it is always great to receive such wonderful feedback on the property, we love to hear that our guests appreciate the service received! I have already forwarded your comments to the entire team. We look forward to your return!

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Elk River, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We got a nice big room with a very comfortable bed! The hotel was fully booked but we were pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was in our room. Would recommend it to a friend anytime. The downtown location couldn't have been more convenient after a night on the town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us. We are certainly thrilled with how the renovation turned out. Come back and see us soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Location is OK, depending on your activities. About a half mile from Downtown core and shopping. I had problems with room being too warm despite it being 35 degree's F outside average for 4 days spent there. Could not get room below 71F. Notified desk and they said they sent someone to inspect, but no fix. They advised I turn system off. That brought room down to 71. Prior to this 74F was coolest. I found room decor to be miss match. Nice bathroom with clean bedding & linens. Staff is friendly, parking ramp is attached to hotel, but a good ways away from room tower and front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review! was pleased to learn that the staff was friendly and attentive but disappointed with some of your other comments. Please feel free to contact me directly at 612.596.4505 or mark.becker@hyatt.com so that we can discuss further. We certainly want to make it right for you.
mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Hyatt is a nice hotel - extremely clean and good front desk. I arrived before check in time - but, they found me a room. The location is easy from MSP airport - take the train to the Nicolet Mall stop and either an easy 10 minutes walk or take the free bus.
There are a few good places to eat in the area - I really enjoys Brits Pub - great food and good service. Target Field is accessible via the train or a $5 taxi.
The lunch was not very good - but the late night food was excellent there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the great review! Disappointed that you didn't enjoy lunch but pleased that the evening menu was more to your liking. I take the light ral all the time! It's easy and just $1.75 to the Nicollet Mall stop. Quick ten minute walk and you're here! We look forwward to your return!
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived into town during the mid-April 2013 snow storm that surprised everyone! We were here for a volleyball tourney. The staff is better than good! The location is in perfect proximity to the convention center. The breakfast buffet was eaten by our team every day and is a great way to fill 'em up for a day full of play. It's as easy as pie to get anywhere from her whether by cab, light rail, bus, or foot.

• Stayed April 2013
What a crazy winter we have had! Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope your team did well in the tournament. The light rail is pretty amazing but, as you mentioned, it is so easy to walk to everything right from the hotel. We look forward to seeing you back before the next tournament (with no snow!)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We all have them from time to time when the best laid plans go wrong rather badly. This was my day today. I wasn't looking forward to the 18hr drive home and then when it wasn't going to happen until the next day, I had only one thought, Where is the closest Hyatt. Lucky for me it was 20 minutes away. I arrived to a pleasant Valet who immediately took care of the car & as I walked into the Lobby that is incredibly decorated and very appealing to the eye, I heard what everyone fears when they walk in, I'm sorry sir but we are sold out for this evening. My ad day was getting worse, but I walked up to the counter and asked if there was a room available and was told the same as the previous person, BUT I whipped out my Diamond Membership Card & handed it to Kevin and everything changed. He immediately went to the Manager & came back with a big smile and said we will be happy to accomodate you Mr. Higgins. As we were filling out the paperwork we had a chance to talk about my day, he was having some computer issues and I know was feeling that he was adding to what had already been a challenging da. He invited me to the bar for a drink and appetizer on him and would be over with my room key as soon as he could get a little more cooperation from the computer. That sounded great. From there on, everything went the HYATT way, I learned a new drink at the bar, the appetizer was devoured in a very short amount of time. Kevin true to his word, brought over the key to my room, took care of the bill, and when I realized I had none of the overnight essentials, sent hkit.ousekeeping up with a overnight kit. I am not impressed easily, but if you get the chance, you have to stay at this Hyatt and see the level of service that can be achieved when someone wants too. Thanks Kevin!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I had the opportunity to email your review to the entire hotel. You can only imagine that Kevin was inundated with high fives and lots of congratulations. These types of experiences are what we are all in the hospitality business for. Thank you for taking the time and please know that Kevin certainly appreciated the recognition. The next time you find yourself having a bad day, come back and see us for more of the same. Thank you agan for being a Diamond Member, we appreciate the loyalty. Come back and see us soon.
Crescent City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The staff was friendly and efficient. The Prairie bar and grill had terrific food. Try the Angus burger with the onion jam. It was absolutely superb! I loved shopping the market for extra goodies. The sky walk that leads to the convention center, restaurants, and local shops was really cool. Would definitely stay again. Maybe next time for fun!

Room Tip: Higher floors had a great view of the city. Loved it.