We all have them from time to time when the best laid plans go wrong rather badly. This was my day today. I wasn't looking forward to the 18hr drive home and then when it wasn't going to happen until the next day, I had only one thought, Where is the closest Hyatt. Lucky for me it was 20 minutes away. I arrived to a pleasant Valet who immediately took care of the car & as I walked into the Lobby that is incredibly decorated and very appealing to the eye, I heard what everyone fears when they walk in, I'm sorry sir but we are sold out for this evening. My ad day was getting worse, but I walked up to the counter and asked if there was a room available and was told the same as the previous person, BUT I whipped out my Diamond Membership Card & handed it to Kevin and everything changed. He immediately went to the Manager & came back with a big smile and said we will be happy to accomodate you Mr. Higgins. As we were filling out the paperwork we had a chance to talk about my day, he was having some computer issues and I know was feeling that he was adding to what had already been a challenging da. He invited me to the bar for a drink and appetizer on him and would be over with my room key as soon as he could get a little more cooperation from the computer. That sounded great. From there on, everything went the HYATT way, I learned a new drink at the bar, the appetizer was devoured in a very short amount of time. Kevin true to his word, brought over the key to my room, took care of the bill, and when I realized I had none of the overnight essentials, sent hkit.ousekeeping up with a overnight kit. I am not impressed easily, but if you get the chance, you have to stay at this Hyatt and see the level of service that can be achieved when someone wants too. Thanks Kevin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel located in the heart of downtown on Nicollet Mall. Connected by climate-controlled skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The Hotel completed an extensive renovation in May of 2012. This renovation features new guest rooms and a completely transformed lobby and Food and Beverage options. Including Prairie Kitchen and Bar, an upscale bar/restaurant, and expansive marketplace for grab and go items as well as sundries. Hotel features an extensive StayFit fitness facility and over 74,000 sq. feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis