“Great downtown location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Met our daughter for a few days in Minneapolis. She attended a medical meeting. My wife and wandered up and down Nicollet Mall. Great shopping and dining. Great location if you need access to the convention center and want something to do after your functions. Could see see the MN Twins sign at Target field from our room, pretty cool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and were glad to learn of your experience. The Mall is fantastic to walk with many different food and beverage options. Look forward to a return trip to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis!

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The customer service at this hotel is unmatched and top notch. The staff bends over backwards to accommodate every request. The breakfast buffet is by far the most varied and yummy that I have seen in a while and was included in the price. The room was clean, comfy and roomy. The location is so convenient to the convention center that it made going back and forth to our room very easy and we were close enough to some great shopping and restaurants downtown. I will always stay here when in town and would recommend it to anyone in town for a convention or any business in Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Try to get a room very high past the 20th floor or so. There is a hospitality lounge with yummy fre...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
What a fantastic review, thank you! I have shared with our entire team! Thank you for your kind words and know that we are all looking forward to your return. if I can be of assistance on a future vist, please feel free to email me at mark.becker@hyatt.com. Thank you again!
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel puts a tarnish on the Hyatt name. Of all my stays at Hyatt I have come to expect the same wonderful service, well designed hotels and overall consistency. You can put all the lipstick on this Hyatt you want. Great renovation but doesn't hide the horrendous customer service!

The hotel is freshly renovated in a retro theme which is pretty nice although there are some odd pieces in the room that are just tacky. I checked into the hotel using the self check in. Got to my guest room and it was newly remodeled. Looked fine at first but wasn't till you started looking closer you noticed how dirty it was. The headboards and lamps all were covered in dust. The white shower curtain in the bathroom had stains on it. Even one of the clean towels hanging on the rack had stains. The beds very sloppy. One bed had dirty sheets when I pulled the top sheet back.

The most horrible experience though was breakfast at the restaurant. My partner and I went down around 8am for breakfast. The dining room was an absolute zoo. We stood for 10 minutes at the host stand waiting for somebody to acknowledge us as employees kept walking by. Finally someone seated us. We sat the the table for at least 5 mins and no server came to offer us anything. So we got up to just do the buffet. The buffet had nothing on it. Everything was wiped out. The food that was left was cold and obviously all picked over. We took what we could find, waited another 10 minutes and no server. finally my partner had to get up and find a server to bring us something to drink. She poured us the worst coffee I have ever tasted. Asked for water for that never came. Waitress ignored us the entire time and then had the nerve to bring the check.I could go on for days about how bad it was. Bottom line i had to get up, go to the front desk and complain to get anyone to deal with it. End of story the manager gave us a crappy apology and we walked out. I would never never go back!!!

Bottom line i would never stay here again. Shame on this hotel for calling themselves a Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The entire team at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis is disheartened by your experience. I would love the opportyunity to discuss your stay with you personally if you have a moment. I can be reached via phone at 612.596.4505 or email at mark.becker@hyatt.com. I look forward to restoring our faith in Hyatt Regency Minneapolis and Hyatt hotels and Resorts.
Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Spent a night at the Hyatt this past weekend. Apparently it has been updated and is very classy and high end. The rooms were beautiful - however it would have been a nice tough to have refrigerators in the rooms. We were not notified that the pool was put of order and were offered the option of going to the YMCA for $10 - hmmmm nope don't think so. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is very easy to get to. Cab ride anywhere downtown are only $5. Must say that I am not a huge fan of Minneapolis due to the costs - just to park at the hotel is $17 a night which I think is ridiculous when you are a guest! Overall I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a pool check first. If you are going with friends, car pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review! We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experince less the pool renovation work. My apologies that you were not notified in advance. Unfortunately, the hotel does not own the parking structure and you are correct in that all downtown hotels sharge similiar rates. We are pleased to know that you will return and we look forward to your next visit!
Liberty, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

i stayed there for four nights. I was there for a conference. The staff was very friendly, and check-in was a breeze. The hotel has recently been renovated, and it has a very nice lobby with a huge fireplace. People could meet, greet, eat and hangout very comfortably. The restaurant had an oddly limited menu, but the hotel is right on what is a main arts and dining strip and you could have food from around the world, or fast food too. The hotel also was a little dark; we noticed that while at the conference, we were often having trouble reading because it was dark, and the rooms had low lighting as well. Those issues didn't dampen the fact that it was a lovely hotel; very comfortable rooms. The market had a lot of options for snacks or full meals to purchase and again, the staff was delightful (and the coffee was good). The fitness facilities were to die for. All equipment was modern and plentiful, with a lot of options that are never available elsewhere-boxing bag, yoga and stretch room and a basketball court. A pool too. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on a different floor than the pool and fitness center as many of those had wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review! We were pleased to learn that you are enjoying the recently renovated hotel and look forward to your return. The Market and Gym are two personal favorites. I think the veggie wrap in the Market is the perfect light meal option. Come back and see us!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for three nights this September, while attending a conference at the hotel. I was very pleased with the location. It is perched right at the end of the Nicollet Mall at the edge of the park, so that you are just a short walk from each. It seems to be fairly expensive to take a cab from the airport to anywhere in downtown Minneapolis. At this location you are really not far from the public transport hub on Nicollet and from there you can get to the airport for a few dollars. If you don’t mind walking just a bit – I’d recommend this option.

The staff was typically Minnesotan--ridiculously friendly and helpful across the board. My room was huge, modern and clean and the WiFi worked very well throughout the hotel. I didn’t get to use the pool – but it looked lovely. From the hallways some rooms look down on the pool's interior courtyard. Most impressive for me was the massive entry lobby with a warm wood décor and a constant blazing fireplace. The design hit a contemporary note while still maintaining a certain Minneapolis vibe. It was not too clubby, and not trying to hard to look too slick. (I’d stayed previously at the Minneapolis W, which perhaps strayed to far in the night-club direction)

It’s a big hotel overall, and aside from the lobby – it does maintain a kind of “Anywhere, USA” vibe. Sometimes this is what you want in a hotel – particularly for conference – so I think it served its job quite well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for the thorough review. I believe the lobby is the perfect spot for conference guests to network for work and relaxation! I personally just returned from a Thanksgiving break and took the light rail from the airport back to the hotel. $1.75 for the train and a 10 minute walk to the Hyatt. A grerat option as you mention! Look forward to your return.
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just returned home from a 3-night stay.

The Good: The hotel is newly renovated. Dark blue and natural elements type of design. Not overly loving the Mad-Men look but I like that everything is new. Very pleasant staff, especially in the restaurant. The gym is out of this world amazing, with even a basketball court!. Rooms were a very good size, with a full-room wide picture window and a bathroom big enough to house a small family. They have a fantastic shop onsite (prices were high though - $8.99 for a bag of popcorn? No thanks). Housekeeping was very quick in responding to a problem in my room - which was immediately rectified. I liked the lobby - interesting furniture - the log sofa was neat - and an inviting fireplace. It was a nice space. Location was good - many restaurants/bars/shopping/Target/Macy's, etc. within a very short walk.

The Bad: Hallways are dark. As someone mentioned, I had trouble with figuring out how to turn on the bedside light fixtures. The breakfast buffet, which we had every morning of our stay, was high quality, beautifully presented and a nice selection, but everything that should have been hot was basically lukewarm, even the items just brought out from the kitchen. (Those black heating element thingys they are using obviously are not working.) Coffee is also way too strong (even for me). Towels were a bit thin and there were a few too many hairs that weren't mine on the bathroom floor. I would have liked to purchase the little Red Wing pottery cup glued to the desk. Alas, they had none in the gift shop.

The Verdict - a few quibbles but nothing that would stop me from staying here again, especially since my rate was a good $50 less than the W or the Westin. I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review. We truly appreciate the feedback and take all comments to heart. We were pleased to hear your comments regarding the comfort of the hotel. We do and try and kep some of the red wing pottery in the Market and have ordered some of the smaller cups for sale. Additionally, we will certainly review the heating elements. We had not previously encountered an issue but appreciate the comments. We look forward to your return!

Been to Hyatt Regency Minneapolis? Share your experiences!