This hotel puts a tarnish on the Hyatt name. Of all my stays at Hyatt I have come to expect the same wonderful service, well designed hotels and overall consistency. You can put all the lipstick on this Hyatt you want. Great renovation but doesn't hide the horrendous customer service!
The hotel is freshly renovated in a retro theme which is pretty nice although there are some odd pieces in the room that are just tacky. I checked into the hotel using the self check in. Got to my guest room and it was newly remodeled. Looked fine at first but wasn't till you started looking closer you noticed how dirty it was. The headboards and lamps all were covered in dust. The white shower curtain in the bathroom had stains on it. Even one of the clean towels hanging on the rack had stains. The beds very sloppy. One bed had dirty sheets when I pulled the top sheet back.
The most horrible experience though was breakfast at the restaurant. My partner and I went down around 8am for breakfast. The dining room was an absolute zoo. We stood for 10 minutes at the host stand waiting for somebody to acknowledge us as employees kept walking by. Finally someone seated us. We sat the the table for at least 5 mins and no server came to offer us anything. So we got up to just do the buffet. The buffet had nothing on it. Everything was wiped out. The food that was left was cold and obviously all picked over. We took what we could find, waited another 10 minutes and no server. finally my partner had to get up and find a server to bring us something to drink. She poured us the worst coffee I have ever tasted. Asked for water for that never came. Waitress ignored us the entire time and then had the nerve to bring the check.I could go on for days about how bad it was. Bottom line i had to get up, go to the front desk and complain to get anyone to deal with it. End of story the manager gave us a crappy apology and we walked out. I would never never go back!!!
Bottom line i would never stay here again. Shame on this hotel for calling themselves a Hyatt.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis On Nicollet Mall
- Hyatt Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel located in the heart of downtown on Nicollet Mall. Connected by climate-controlled skyway to the Minneapolis Convention Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The Hotel completed an extensive renovation in May of 2012. This renovation features new guest rooms and a completely transformed lobby and Food and Beverage options. Including Prairie Kitchen and Bar, an upscale bar/restaurant, and expansive marketplace for grab and go items as well as sundries. Hotel features an extensive StayFit fitness facility and over 74,000 sq. feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TIG Global, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Hyatt Regency Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.